Author Topic: credit button globe  (Read 391 times)

Offline mattd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
credit button globe
« on: November 23, 2011, 04:57:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

I bought my first pinball machine about 3 weeks ago - it's a Maverick, and after a couple of serious sessions, decided that I should probably work out how it works and fix a few simple things...I had no idea where to start and hadn't ever done this sort of thing before.

By reading all the great comments on this site and downloading the original manual i've been able to work out a whole lot of stuff, but i'm currently stuck trying to replace a globe inside the extra ball button. I can't work out how to disassemble the machanism. I know its probaly really simple and obvious but without knowing what to do i cant work it out. Can anyone explain it to me?

Cheers.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: credit button globe
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 08:09:38 PM »
Looking at the back of the button there will be a white bracket which holds the switch and the globe some of these twist slightly to remove others just need a gentle wiggle while pulling. 
   Take a good look at yours before you go ripping it off but once its off you will see the globe which will be a standard 555 wedge globe pull out the old press in a new then press the whole assembly back into the button.

Good luck

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
Spot on Daniel. I can remember struggling to dissemble one of these the hard way and then all of a sudden it just popped open and WHAT THE.....!

What I hate is struggling to do something and finally nutting it out and thinking how simple it is. Then dong the same fix 2 years later and having no clue again, but you know it was easy  ^&^.

Write the stuff down is my advise, and remind me to take my own advise when I again don't document stuff
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011, 08:23:07 PM »
 %)%

Offline mattd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 09:19:41 PM »
Thanks for the advice.
I've managed to disconnect about half, but it doesnt give access to the lamp, which must be somewhere inside the threaded black plastic tubing...
I've tried twisting and jiggling but i'm not getting any play at all, and everytime i feel the plastic start to buckle i figure i'm trying too hard. I can undo the nut around the plastic, but it only seems to loosen the button itself.
I've attached a photo in case that helps. Have you guys come across this particular type of button before?

Offline mattd

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 09:35:22 PM »
Ha. $#$
Nevermind...yanked the bejeesus out of it and it popped right out...a little up pressure to disconnect the bottom before the top and it came right out. Thanks again guys.

Offline Steevsee

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 10:46:58 PM »
Well Done!

And welcome to the forum. %)%

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2011, 03:05:53 PM »
What I hate is struggling to do something and finally nutting it out and thinking how simple it is. Then dong the same fix 2 years later and having no clue again, but you know it was easy  ^&^.

Yes, I suffer from the same memory loss problem - it's a bastard.

%)% Matt.

I personally like Maverick a lot, especially the 17 drop targets which should ideally be shot sequentially.
One day I might acquire one. Something I would do is speed up the paddle wheel by altering the drive ratio.

P.S. My way of popping out that pesky lamp holder is to simultaneously yank it sideways and pull pretty f**king hard.

Cheers

PP

« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 03:49:23 PM by Pinprick »
"I don't operate on a level playing field"