Author Topic: Hashman. Apparantly I suffer from OCD.  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Hashman. Apparantly I suffer from OCD.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »
also, an interesting photo for your member avatar !  ^^^ and your member name reminds me of when i was a naughty teenager.lol  () welcome to Aussie Pinball.  ^^^

Haha its the first pic i found, its from a Puscifer clip and yeah the names been with me since I was a naughty teenager but its sort of stuck haha. Heres a pic of my "Danger Shed" as I call it. :P

is that maynard is it lol ahaha

Offline Hashman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:05:37 PM »
is that maynard is it lol ahaha

haha yep! have you seen him in the new "conditions of my parole" clip. so frickin funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E-_J5WWkoc

Offline Timelord

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 07:22:15 PM »
Addressing the title of this thread, in other forums I frequent they call it GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) I have suffered this malady in astronomy gear, saxophones and hifi, so far only 2 pinball machines though
He who laughs last......thinks slowest

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 11:52:08 PM »
hi hashman

so did you end up getting the D E Checkpoint pin ??

It was relisted??
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 12:45:22 AM »
Addressing the title of this thread, in other forums I frequent they call it GAS (gear acquisition syndrome) I have suffered this malady in astronomy gear, saxophones and hifi, so far only 2 pinball machines though
haha so i suffer from GAS! sounds about right :)

hi hashman

so did you end up getting the D E Checkpoint pin ??

It was relisted??
no i didnt! the guy was a scammer and the machine was a disgrace! firstly when i get there he says "do you want to turn it on or just grab it?". i obviously tell him i want to check it all out and he begrudgingly  let me. The playfield was a mess. the main ramp was held together by tape, the cab was ok but thats about it.

i turn on the machine... "two balls missing" message. he says "oh that never happens".. sure. So i then spend 15 mins fishing out the two stuck balls in the under playfield tunnel thingy. re start the game..bang they get stuck again even though "it never happens". i realise its just a manky switch and think ok i can fix that and for the price its not too bad. so i start testing the rest of the switches and running the ball by hand everywhere. all this time there are two screaming kids harrasing me and a wife doing the obvious small talk distraction thing who then tells one of the kids that i was there to take it away and fix it. :/

i then realised that all three pop bumpers didnt work. which i noticed he has now added on the relisted ad. cant imagine all the coils going on the bumpers and considering the shocking condition of the playfield and plastics that it wasnt worth the $920 i won it for. offered him $500 and he declined so i walked out.

when i got home i re looked at the pics and realised there is nothing else in the room in the pics. in real life the pin was surround by kids stuff and couches and made the assumption the pics on ebay are from a long time ago. nearly feel like msging the bidders on ebay to warm them.

i have a taxi coming from qld now from an apparent reputable dealer and am picking up my demo man from oscar in the next day or so. :)

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 07:25:29 AM »
Sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one!

Taxi and Demo Man sound like a great start.

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »
Sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one!

Taxi and Demo Man sound like a great start.

Yeah, im getting Demo Man tonight and Should have Taxi on Friday. The only problem is I have no idea how im going to fit them in with the three other pins in my Danger Shed!

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2013, 12:57:56 PM »
Wow. I cant believe this was written up a year ago. Since being awol from the site I think Ive been through a stack different pins in the year while also learning how to fix pretty much any problem that has arisen. I went from having 15 or so arcade machines to 3 but have been on a pinball frenzy ever since so I felt a re-introduction might be in order.

Pins ive owned and moved on during this time have been.

Last Action Hero
Freddy Nightmare On Elm Street
Goldeneye
Demolition Man
Taxi
Striker Extreme
Pinball Magic
Airborne
Roadshow
Tales From The Crypt
Rollergames
Possibly another one or two that I've forgotten  ::)

Over the last 3-4 months Ive finally gotten a line up that I havent felt like changing which is..

WCS 94
No Fear
Theatre of Magic
Revenge From Mars
The Shadow
and soon... Jurassic Park

Certainly no A titles except for TOM and RFM I guess but I find they are all varied enough and still having fun with them after having them longer than any other pin. Im currently shopping my TOM and having a ball doing so. The Shadow is my most recent and its STILL kicking my ass. Tough but fun game. Only thing that drives me nuts is the amount of ricochets from the left ramp stand ups.

The pins I probably most regret moving on so quickly are Airborne and Rollergames.
Biggest dissapointments would be Freddy and Tales From The Crypt. I always wanted a TFTC but just found it too hard to enjoy so out it went. The fact I could never hit the creature feature mode start hole didnt help.

Anyway theres my year. :)

Dave

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 07:34:05 AM »
That's quite a year!!

Tell me your feelings re Striker Extreme and Pinball Magic - I'm a bit surprised they didn't stay in the line-up.

Offline Hashman

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • SKW Corporation
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 11:26:35 AM »
That's quite a year!!

Tell me your feelings re Striker Extreme and Pinball Magic - I'm a bit surprised they didn't stay in the line-up.

Haha yeah it was. I guess I wanted to try as many machines as possible until I got the line up I was happy with. Striker Extreme I just found so so. Just didn't do it for me. I swapped it for a couple of arcade machines kept it for a few weeks then moved it on. Felt cheap and nasty.

Pinball Magic blew me away when I first played it. After having it a while I found the linear gameplay just annoyed me. That and the fact I wasnt very good at it. Seemed way to hard to hit that left ramp but that was most likely my lack of skill. Just wish the modes weren't linear. Airborne was linear but it seemed to fit the theme better.

Absolutely loving the JP though and glad to have a DE back in the lineup.

Offline Sgtmax

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 08:51:21 PM »
Good luck mate haha