Author Topic: Machines With Leds ! Excellent Results. What A Difference. Photos.  (Read 22399 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
I shld have the videos ready shortly to upload. (my new video camera software is not very user friendly  ^.^ Canon software no where near as good as Kodak software)

Congo - done - looks amazing
Turtles - done - lifts it so well
Gilligans - done - the improvement here is 10 fold

Twister - almost done - big difference
Independence Day - started - massive difference already

It seems that a winning combination that I and others use is to leave std flashers and std General Illumination (above playfield) and do the playfield inserts. Backbox LEDs are also a good idea to reduce excessive heat, espescially for machines that translites or backglasses cant be purchased for. Experiment with the backbox and see if u like or dont like the bright white light versus the buttery glow of std 555 bulbs etc.

The heat from candescent 44 and 47 plus std 555 candescent bulbs is just too hot. The heat and possible damage to inserts has made my mind up to changing over every machine over to LEDs. The look is a huge improvement on any title, plus any reduction in heat is a winner.
Just a few hours of leaving a machine turned on, and once u feel the heat on the translite or even the heat under the playfield inserts from std candescent bulbs will scare any collector. LEDs are a smart and attractive answer.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !