Author Topic: what are your pins worth now,nobody has cash?  (Read 1271 times)

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
what are your pins worth now,nobody has cash?
« on: November 29, 2011, 10:27:04 PM »
.the market determines the price and the price is down,way down.no one has any money for luxury items,that are not needed.the market is going to slump dramatically now sh-t loads of pins hit are shores.for all those thinking you have a one-hundred thou collection,think of halving that.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline TSPP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: what are your pins worth now,nobody has cash?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 10:41:39 PM »
I think your wrong here. Quality pins will always command high dollars. I just bought an AFM of quality and paid a good price.

Poor quality pins are getting the dollars they deserve, poor.
.....something witty here

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 10:44:53 PM »
its a wooden box with toys!!! &^&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 10:53:36 PM »
the prices of pins go up and down like a yo yo.

but if u paid $2500 for a machine 3 yrs ago, and u can pick up the same titel today for say $2000 or $2200, no big deal.

some titles have climbed in value, others have declined a little. unshopped pins are cheaper because they need work, fully shopped pins usually keep their prices.

i dont buy into the argument that pinballs are much cheaper today than 3 years ago. As TSPP said, quality machines have held their prices well.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline TSPP

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011, 10:54:12 PM »
Wow, ask a question and don't like the answer..... !!@

Pretty sure I can have an opionion on a thread that was started because YOU can't sell any pins. May be your pins are a wooden box, mine are works of art  ()
.....something witty here

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011, 10:58:41 PM »
mine are all made of unatainium !!@

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 11:04:20 PM »
Now now boys.....

Im with studley here... general price for pins is down.. you see EM games on Ebay getting listed several times over and the price drops... $700 to $650.. to $600 etc... still they aint selling.
Dont get me wrong.. this is how it should be.. wasnt that long ago we were all shocked at project EMs going for $1000 on Ebay... bloody stupid stuff.

Zaccaria machines have always been a $1000 machine.. never anymore. For a while they were a little pot of gold.. good bright machines that you could pick up relatively cheap... now you see Pinball shed asking for $1400 on Ebay for a zac game.. or some random Euro no name piece of crap.
No they aint worth the money, but its in a dealers interest to keep trying to push the $$$ values up.
Time Warps from private collections at $2400 or something stupid... its a $1200 machine at best.. always has been.
In general prices ARE down.. people are more savvy with the $$ these days.. i know i am. Acopuple of years ago i spent $10K on machines... this year i picked one up at $300... and that was haggled down from $600!

Bottom line.. is the machine worth that much of MY money?... Generally speaking..... NO.. but ill be willing to give you X for it or piss off

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 11:11:47 PM »
so even thou i am drunk,someone agrees with me.pin  prices are down,to stay for a while at least untii the cooontainer market dries up.yes good pins will fetch a good price.but who determines if it is a good pin.the market.the punter willing to put his/her hand in there pocket.what is a good pin???disscuss

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 11:11:53 PM »
Always makes me wonder how many of these Ebay project machines will actually make it to full running machines.
There are plenty out there that are buying them cause they are cheaper, with no real idea how much time, money and effort goes into making them run again.
What happens when these pins make it to market again, when people give up?
Where do prices go then?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 11:18:21 PM »
One important point. Different states have different prices. The market in Adelaide is very different to QLD or NSW or VIC etc as an example.

Even in QLD for arguments sake, one title can be getting $2500 for a 12 month period, with buyers lined up, then u cant give away that title for $1800 for the next 6 months.
Then the prices jump up high again. Its all supply and demand.

Sometimes you dont mind paying extra to secure the right pin at the right price if its in the condition u want. Its all part of the fun pinballs bring.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline studley67

• Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 11:23:17 PM »
after wasting 6 years of fun,brett.i am appauled at my decisions in the past.you are a relatively newbie,mate,mate sincerly

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 11:26:41 PM »
after wasting 6 years of fun,brett.i am appauled at my decisions in the past.you are a relatively newbie,mate,mate sincerly

is that a cryptic code?

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 11:27:18 PM »
I can't see the containers drying up any time soon. There are still many thousands of machines in all sorts of conditions sitting in warehouses just waiting to be shipped here and sold - I think prices will steadily drop on most titles over the next couple of years and I think the more expensive machines will fall the hardest in value.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »
I think your wrong here. Quality pins will always command high dollars. I just bought an AFM of quality and paid a good price.

Poor quality pins are getting the dollars they deserve, poor.

I tend to agree with this, but I don't pretend to understand the global financial thing or its impact on the subject.
Pinballs are funny animals and their price/value doesn't necessarily reflect the overall state of affairs IMHO.
While it's obviously distressing to think of one's collection decreasing in "paper value" I still view mine in "pleasure value" terms and happily it looks like $1M to me . . .
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:19 PM »
I can't see the containers drying up any time soon. There are still many thousands of machines in all sorts of conditions sitting in warehouses just waiting to be shipped here and sold - I think prices will steadily drop on most titles over the next couple of years and I think the more expensive machines will fall the hardest in value.

i think it will depend if new people are getting into pinball and buying. the market could expand who knows.