Author Topic: MAYBE THE ARSE HAS FELL OUT OF THE PINBALL MARKET  (Read 364 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
MAYBE THE ARSE HAS FELL OUT OF THE PINBALL MARKET
« on: December 01, 2011, 01:29:17 PM »
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 01:32:59 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: MAYBE THE ARSE HAS FELL OUT OF THE PINBALL MARKET
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »
Hmm...Fair price for the WH20...I would think that should sell as it has the topper.

The Champ Pub has been for sale for quite a while.  Not sure why it has not sold (at least 6 months from memory).  I think around $4k is good buying for a CP (if it has the backglass).

I always find this time of year is not the best time to sell, everyone is buying xmas stuff and don't have the disposable income.  Good time to pick up a bargain.

I think around Feb - Mar when people have paid off the credit cards it will pick up again.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 01:42:53 PM »
The problem with the WW is pretty obvious..........

it has fallen over!!!!!  #*#

another idiot eBay seller who is either too lazy or too stupid to turn the picture the correct way - one click, that's all - just ONE CLICK!!!
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 01:48:27 PM »
The problem with the WW is pretty obvious..........

it has fallen over!!!!!  #*#

another idiot eBay seller who is either too lazy or too stupid to turn the picture the correct way - one click, that's all - just ONE CLICK!!!

Thats a funny post I pissed myself thanks for the smile-I feel like emailing himand pointing out its just ONE BLOODY CLICK..

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »
Hmm...Fair price for the WH20...I would think that should sell as it has the topper.

The Champ Pub has been for sale for quite a while.  Not sure why it has not sold (at least 6 months from memory).  I think around $4k is good buying for a CP (if it has the backglass).

I always find this time of year is not the best time to sell, everyone is buying xmas stuff and don't have the disposable income.  Good time to pick up a bargain.

I think around Feb - Mar when people have paid off the credit cards it will pick up again.

4k for a CP is pretty good buying isnt it Marty, I mean I don't like the game but not along ago they where 5.5-6k weren't they?

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 01:57:51 PM »
Now is not the best time of year to sell. I find that most people want machines prepared before Christmas - in other words - they have already committed to buying a pinball on Oct / Nov. There are always cheap bargains leading up to the week before Christmas and straight after.

The time to list eBay pins is in late July or August - when the tax return cheque arrives !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »
Now is not the best time of year to sell. I find that most people want machines prepared before Christmas - in other words - they have already committed to buying a pinball on Oct / Nov. There are always cheap bargains leading up to the week before Christmas and straight after.

The time to list eBay pins is in late July or August - when the tax return cheque arrives !

Yes, and probably better to list them WITHOUT the 'list'  %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »
Are WH20 in pretty good nick only worth this  :D with topper and yeah crap ebay photo but gee its not a time to sell is it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-water-Pinball-Machine-/270864728940?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3f10cbc36c

Even this Champion pub pretty good buying?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Champion-Pub-pinball-machine-Full-LEDs-Gold-Trim-Under-cab-lighting-kit-XMAS-/140652625561?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item20bf8cbe99

That wh20 has been listed before and from memory has some pf wear and busted plastics and boulders.
It is the same crappy photo from the last listing.
Fair price on thhe CP,unfortunatley it is not much of a player imo hence the drop in value.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 03:18:59 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 04:50:48 PM »

Sorry Nino but are you able to post a photo of one of these.......what did you call them......tax return cheques.....I seem to always send to the ato, I didn't know they actually do the opposite  @.@
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »
Are WH20 in pretty good nick only worth this  :D with topper and yeah crap ebay photo but gee its not a time to sell is it.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-water-Pinball-Machine-/270864728940?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3f10cbc36c

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Champion-Pub-pinball-machine-Full-LEDs-Gold-Trim-Under-cab-lighting-kit-XMAS-/140652625561?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item20bf8cbe99

That wh20 has been listed before and from memory has some pf wear and busted plastics and boulders.
Fair price on thhe CP,unfortunatley it is not much of a player imo hence the drop in value.

Have you inspected this WW ? I wouldn't mind one, but don't know what to look for.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »

Have you inspected this WW ? I wouldn't mind one, but don't know what to look for.
I have not inspected it...i had emails with the seller and I decided not to.
With wh20 look for wear from the mine kickout...broken ramps and plastics...broken boulders and check the lock targets and surrounding area..this can take  a beating aas well...of course playfield wear as well.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 11:55:10 PM »
The pinball market in Australia is booming and is still very very healthy.  Its normal for the market to ebb n flow like the ocean.

People bringing in containers have most of the stock pre-sold or sold soon after. Almost every pinball collector "has a machine on the way or just around the corner" to add to their collection. Everything sells at the right price.

Champion Pub doesnt have pop bumpers from memory, and some people "have to have" pop bumpers on a pinny. Its funny that titles without pop bumpers tend to be loved or hated, but can be difficult to sell sometimes. I have included a photo below for the Champion Pub title. Its an acquired taste but still a very nice machine when in good condition. Junkyard and Champion Pub tend to be very similar in money terms.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4358&picno=12503&zoom=1
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !