Author Topic: Perth Pinball Auction  (Read 2382 times)

Offline pinfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
Re: Perth Pinball Auction
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 12:20:57 AM »
$ 2600 for Harlem Globetrotters, $ 3000 for Lost World -WTF !!! Both these machines were average at very best. Probably only worth between $1000 & $1200 each at the very most. !@# 

Offline chris288

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 12:45:39 AM »
Also glad I didn't waste my time going.

I'm pretty sure that Lost World has seen at least 2 appearances on Ebay this year. Oh well Im sure the seller will be more than happy to get twice what its worth

Offline pinfrog

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth WA
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 12:52:13 AM »
Pity the poor buyer who probably new sweet FA about pins and spent his money on a POS. If I remember correctly  one of the flipper rubbers was missing amongst other things.

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 12:54:36 AM »
Expensive pins going by the price list posted.

So this was no different to ebay as such, with dummy bidding ?? Are any of these so called auctions ever genuine ?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 04:02:23 AM »
So someone MAY HAVE got in a container or two, jacked the prices to buggery and at LEAST doubled to tripled the money the pins would have cost them.

I feel sorry for the people who bought machines that were not working and probably had many more faults than they may have known. All the buyers need is someone to charge them outrageous pinball tech fees now to put the icing (or crap) on the cake.

Caveat Emptor - Buyer beware I guess.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:36:46 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 07:03:20 AM »
Wow, some over riced pins,
Over $7k for a star trek ng - are they worth that and failed start of $10k for German kiss - must be a mate of our "kiss is back" man.
Though till would like to have gone and had a game - were they on free play?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 08:14:55 AM »
Wow...I like the ones passed in...MM 10k...lol....good to see they had a realistic reserve on it.
 %.%
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:06:12 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »

Boy, might send my collection over there, at those prices I'll find another hobby!! ;)

Some things never change - death, taxes, and pinball auctions.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »

Thanks for posting great pictures  ^^^

Auctions. I have nothing nice to say about auctions other than I'd like to get T-Shirts printed with a slogan "Don't buy pinballs at auctions. Visit Aussiepinball.com.au". That would throw the cat amongst the pigeons !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »
Yeah that would be cool, all we need is more pins for sale and buyers prepared to pay a fair price, as it can be a little quiet here in the trader section and everyone is looking for a baragin basement special.
Not always the best option for a seller loking for a fair to good price.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 11:05:49 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 11:01:03 AM »
Thanks for the list Chris.

Didn't go, as they seam to be all ways over priced at Perth auctions !@#
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 11:26:39 AM »
Wow, some crazy prices there no suprising there were dummy bidders in the crowd, I wonder how many unknowing familys who just want a game for the kids got ripped off, almost all those prices are at least $1000 more than they should be  :D

Offline chris288

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2011, 01:52:15 PM »
The Perth auctions have always been way overpriced in my opinion making them no different to any other auction anywhere else.

One of the first pins I ever got was a 6Million $ Man at $1600 with worn playfield, faded cabinet and 6 burnt displays and didn't realise until later that the fat cnut bidding against me was the owner doing a shill bid. I realised this when I saw him bidding on heaps of other machines and not actually winning any bids. At least i was only ripped off about $600. If it was a top end pin it could have been thousands. I Guess the experience of this cost me $600 but I am much wiser now so it wasn't a total loss.

Like others have said, you have to do your homework before you go to an auction so you can know what a fair price is for a particular machine depending on its condition. I mean you wouldn't go to a car auction without first checking the average going rate for a particular car in say, the Trading post or Quokka.

I do feel sorry for anyone ripped off but its their own stupid bloody fault for not doing their homework first. Maybe next they will be a bit wiser for the experience just like I was.

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 03:46:25 PM »
Turns out a lot never got sold,Just got off the phone to one of the bidders who won a few pins on the day ,he and a few others in the crowd where on the payroll  ^.^
glad I didnt waste my time going
  no wonder the prices were so high

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2011, 04:51:23 PM »
people like that give the pinball industry a real bad name. the moment there were "phone bidders" u have to instantly think it was a scam.

then the owner bidding on his own pins is straight out fraud.  I would have confronted the prick in front of fifty people, what an a$$hole.

why some people think they can charge 50 percent over the avarage/right price is beyond me. anyone asking 50 percent and over a normal price just makes a cock of themselves in front of everyoine in the industry plus the forums etc.

the moment any seller asks silly money for a machine, they instantly get labelled as a rip off artist and no one deals with them. these people are buying these machines in containers for next to nothing to start off with, you can easily double your money by charging sensible money. why try n triple your money and be greedy, u just look like a fool to everyone. shame someone from the federal police wasnt in attendance to lock them all up for fraud. friggin a$$holes.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:24:15 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !