Author Topic: Most Iconic Bally’s  (Read 804 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Most Iconic Bally’s
« on: December 13, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »
 At the start of the Solid State era, Bally pinball machines ruled

But which group is the most ‘Iconic’?

Solid state with chimes;
Eight Ball
Power Play
Evel Knievel
Mata Hari
Strikes and Spares, etc…..

Solid State with Electronic sounds;
Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek
Six Million Dollar Man, etc……

Solid State with Electronic Speech;
Xenon
Centaur
Eightball Deluxe
Flash Gordon
Medusa, etc…..

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Most Iconic Bally’s
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »
The middle mob for me Pete. First pinball experience as a kid was with Black Jack, Kiss & Playboy.

SC.
SC.

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:41 PM »
The middle mob for me Pete. First pinball experience as a kid was with Black Jack, Kiss & Playboy.

SC.
Me 2, you can't go past the classics, Kiss, Playboy, Star trek etc, loved them can still here the coin and start tunes in my head like a favorite old song
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline wizo

• Forum Posts:
  • Elanora
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 10:19:34 PM »
Definitely the middle for me mate

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:45:06 PM »
Middle group for me aswell love turning paragon on just to hear the sounds basic but GOOD  ^^^

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 10:59:12 PM »

Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek

Middle group quite easily. Bally's biggest production run and earners are right there in this group. I prefer collecting the "speech" group as they are harder to find in Australia, and they are definitely worth playing.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 11:47:29 PM »

Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek

Middle group quite easily. Bally's biggest production run and earners are right there in this group. I prefer collecting the "speech" group as they are harder to find in Australia, and they are definitely worth playing.

Same for me   ^^^

The era of pins which i got my start on and the ones i most enjoy  :D

Games like; Kiss, Playboy, Star Trek, 6m$man and Harlem Globe trotters with the early electronic sounds are the ones that bring back he most memories for me  *%*

Now if only i could find a Playboy, Star Trek and Harlem Globe trotters... oh im dreamin' again  :lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 12:10:48 AM »
it would have to be the group with kiss by far, cos even none pinball owners or players know about kiss pinballs.

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 12:28:03 AM »
The one Bally that brings back memorys for me is Lost World, thats the first one I herd with the electronic sounds.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 02:52:07 PM by PinPal »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 01:30:35 AM »

Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek

Was 6 Million $ man a real good earner Nino-As good as Kiss? or close.

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 03:25:51 AM »
Interesting that everybody has gone for the 2nd selection

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 04:31:20 AM »
The middle group for me also,

I am a big WMS fan but the late 70's was bally's time in the lime light.

But then GORGAR and other WMS titles came along and then the tide changed if you catch my drift  :lol
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 09:46:58 AM »

Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek

Peter

Just from memory - KISS, Star Trek, Eight Ball and Playboy were the top earners. Paragon, Strikes and Spares, Lost World and Space Invaders were the next tier down. Six Million Dollar Man and Power Play were around the same, if not less than Spacies. Dolly Parton, Rolling Stones and Future Spa were bombs.

I remember two KISS machines on location that were next to each other, flanked by a Strikes and Spares and Dolly Parton. There was a crowd around the KISS games, with 20 cent pieces across the glass for the next player(s). The Dolly and Strikes and Spares were used as "coat hangers" - players left their jackets etc on top of the games while Playing the KISS'.

The Day that a Paragon was placed on location was very much the same. But it was a brutal game for players due to the pop bumper located near the bottom left. Players had never seen this before. When the Paragon was removed from it's route days (1993), I noticed that a rubber was stretched across the left outlane so that you never lost the ball on the LHS.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek

Peter

Just from memory - KISS, Star Trek, Eight Ball and Playboy were the top earners. Paragon, Strikes and Spares, Lost World and Space Invaders were the next tier down. Six Million Dollar Man and Power Play were around the same, if not less than Spacies. Dolly Parton, Rolling Stones and Future Spa were bombs.

I remember two KISS machines on location that were next to each other, flanked by a Strikes and Spares and Dolly Parton. There was a crowd around the KISS games, with 20 cent pieces across the glass for the next player(s). The Dolly and Strikes and Spares were used as "coat hangers" - players left their jackets etc on top of the games while Playing the KISS'.

The Day that a Paragon was placed on location was very much the same. But it was a brutal game for players due to the pop bumper located near the bottom left. Players had never seen this before. When the Paragon was removed from it's route days (1993), I noticed that a rubber was stretched across the left outlane so that you never lost the ball on the LHS.

Cool thanks Nino I suspected Strikes and Dolly would have been smaller earners but Rolling Stones surprised me just due to the bands big following! like KISS not a great game but a huge fan base.

Peter
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 11:30:20 AM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »

Kiss
Paragon
Playboy
Star Trek

Peter

Cool thanks Nino I suspected Strikes and Dolly would have been smaller earners but Rolling Stones surprised me just due to the bands big following! like KISS not a great game but a huge fan base.

Peter

I assume Strikes and Spares was a good earner because it was still onsite in the early nineties. It was removed from site for parts. I restored the game and sold it to a collector. Rolling Stones was probably the poorest earning Bally along with Future Spa. Night Rider was also poor.