Author Topic: Iron Man - various pinball mods.  (Read 35559 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: Ironman pinball mods.
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2011, 03:41:23 PM »
That AFM in Newcastle is on ebay now for $12 500.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2011, 05:10:42 PM »
Thanks mate, that looks cool with those mods( love the crimson legs and trim...topper looks pretty good too) and the spidey sitting next to it doesn't look too shabby either. That would be my fav pub if I was a local.
Does Luke sell these mods?

I don't think so, haven't asked to be honest, he just gets pins and pimps them out like nothing else around and then sells them 1-3months later.

That AFM in Newcastle is on ebay now for $12 500.

I know he paid $4.5k a little while ago for the original machine and then pimped this machine out, better than NIB - new playfield, cabinet painted, new cabinet decals, painting all the aliens, all the saucers have led kits, where you hit the mother ship has like run way style led kits along the sides, chrome rails and lockdown bar, powdercoated legs, leds in the backbox for the eyes of the aliens, subwoofer kit, shaker kit, full leds and he is putting in a green shade to the display as well all new of everything and it was only sited 2 days ago. This machine lights up like a xmas tree even has epileptic warning sticker on it. It is an amazing machine but one I never could afford but he aims at the collector and his machines show up regularly - WH20 a few weeks ago for $5.5k and a Tron LE for around the $9k.

If anyone is around play it before it goes.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 06:19:47 PM »
It sounds like he will be selling some mods in the near future if you read his ebay listing. I remember the WW for 5.5k. Sold it for 4.9k.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 09:34:45 PM »
Hi CC

Here is a mod that probably a good one to take of your playfield.

http://pinballpal.com/stealth/

stealth protectors around the magnets.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »
I did some research on the Iron Monger Toy and alot of reports state that it is the Hasbro Iron Man Toy range Movie Series - Iron Monger No:7. Stern then modified it by shaving a little in width and turned the legs so they face outward and screwed the legs in place and pumped the toy with a resin type material to stop it from cracking from ball impacts. The toy cost around US$100 to purchase modified ready to fit in by a few pinball supplies not including freight - so why not get the original model and modify yourself along with the chest led mod while at it, all for around $17 here in OZ plus freight, or even just keep in a box as a spare as I could imagine this will be one toy that will be hard to get in a few years to come or pinball parts dealers will charge more for because of it's difficulty to find.

I had a site listed but removed it (still can be seen via the below screen shot) but they have a clause that if it is part of a rset of figures and the one you want has run out they will then give you another figure from that range that they have most of - therefore check the fine print before buying as once purchased their return policy is a pain. The site I had listed had one left so I grabbed that but didn't want one of you guys to get the wrong one - but they are around on the net and only small coin.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 10:44:31 AM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 09:28:55 AM »
Hi Cow corner

How did you go with some mods for your Iron Man as I saw in another thread somewhere you got something from Pinball life?

I didn't realise with mine until they set it up here and there was a lighting mod for the backbox as it wasn't working previously where the backbox fades in and out (the clouds and the iron man name) of different colours - looks nice.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »
Hi Jady,

I have the shaker kit and the backbox lightting kit for Ironmans chest plate...it is a flasher that ties in with the pop bumpers and goes off whenever the bumpers are hit.
I have heard about the cloud lighting mod but have not been able to find one, could you do some asking around for that one mate?
I am also after plug and play mods for the toys etc.....Elkor mentioned he was doing some, they should be cool.
No better pin than Ironman for mine, it's the only pin I own now and I reckon I would play it at least 20 times a day every day and there is no chance of me getting bored with it like most pins I have owned in the past, the lure of a wizard mode in one ball combined with super fast gameplay and the best pinball audio I have ever heard is all I need to keep me comming back again and again and again. Just needs a spidey or another Marvel pin ( if stern make one...maybe the avengers, the movie promises to be Huge!!) to keep it company.

Daz
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 10:09:42 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 02:36:42 PM »
Here is another mod for those interested:
backbox lighting kit where the fluro is removed and replaced with a board that houses various strips of led lights that change colour around the clouds and the IRONMAN logo as well as a strobe strip that flashes above the heads.

http://www.flipperfidelity.com/products.php?cat=Animated%20LED%20Backbox%20Light%20Replacement%20Panels&itemId=44

It also comes with a remote to alter the speed and select a particular colour as a permanent colour.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 02:38:14 PM by swinks »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2012, 02:45:11 PM »
That looks the goods for sure!
Thanks Jady cheers mate.
 ^^^

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2012, 09:35:05 AM »
I got the shaker motor and underside pf service rails into the Ironman the other day with some help from beaky(  I prob could have done it myslef...yep thats how easy it is..... but then I wouldn't have got to catch up with the best tech in the biz!...thanks again mate! ^^^)
It sure rocks the house at max thats for sure...litterally quakes our little place, an excellent addition to the game! I can't imagine playing it without one now.
This one thumbs up for stern..all pro models from sm on are shaker ready...sweeet!
Thumbs down is no underside service rails on new sterns.....boooooooo!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
I got the shaker motor and underside pf service rails into the Ironman the other day with some help from beaky(  I prob could have done it myslef...yep thats how easy it is..... but then I wouldn't have got to catch up with the best tech in the biz!...thanks again mate! ^^^)
It sure rocks the house at max thats for sure...litterally quakes our little place, an excellent addition to the game! I can't imagine playing it without one now.
This one thumbs up for stern..all pro models from sm on are shaker ready...sweeet!

Awesome stuff I love IM so now with the shaker it must rock good stuff..

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2012, 08:24:11 AM »

Awesome stuff I love IM so now with the shaker it must rock good stuff..

Peter

It's mental....totally out of control and I love it!
There is no better machine imo. It covers all the bases for me.

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2012, 10:06:35 AM »
Just have to add the sub woofer speaker kit and then it's complete  ^^^

Awesome game, loving it to.

Daz have you seen these - ordered mine the other day - protect that ramp.

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=iron&osCsid=5478edc9960a97e4138d1edc543252c9&x=7&y=7

for pinball t-shirts

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2012, 10:10:39 AM »

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »
Yep I have both of those in my sights too Jady.
I would love to know where to get those hotrod red legs and side rails, they look very cool.
What about led strips for the ramps like Tron LE? I reckon they would look great too.
Can't stop playing mine...missus has to drag me off it. :lol