Author Topic: What's on your pinball radar for 2012?  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: What's on your pinball radar for 2012?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 03:49:21 AM »
Not planning on adding any to the collection.. totally out of the question @ the moment, in fact i might have to downsize a bit  !!!

I am hoping however to get a start on a few more of my own projects when time and funds permit, most of my time these days is devoted to doing pin repairs for other people, i've registered my user name here as a business name, and i intend on giving doing pin repairs/restores a go as a small (part time) business. Of course im NOT gonna be silly enough to think i can make a living out of it and will be doing other repair work as well  *%* Anyway theres no harm in trying!

i already have a few repairs/restores in the pipeline for others, and i just completed a shop job/tidy up on an Addams Family for a local client which had some pretty shoddy hacks done under the hood.. i took heaps of pics so i might do a rest thread soon  #@# he seemed pretty happy with the work i did for him and he is now wanting me to give his LW3 the same treatment.

Anyway enough of that for now.. i'm keen this year as i said to get cracking on a couple of my own games.. namely Pinball Pool i'm hoping to get restored and my wms Flash i'm keen to see working *%*

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 08:24:24 AM »

I've never met anyone that has played a CV and not added it to their "wish list".

And here I was under the impression that we had met before...... anyways  $.$
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »
Will be moving 2 games on , finishing my Old Chicago makeover , finishing my Gottlieb Thorobred (still in pieces since I bought it) and hopefully adding a CFTBL .. oops, almost forgot .. will also being putting a CPR playfield in Firepower  #*#
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2012, 11:01:26 AM »
Got to get myself a CV. There isn't one on location here in Melbourne, so pretty much want to evaluate the gameplay. And if it isn't to my liking, out she goes.

I've never met anyone that has played a CV and not added it to their "wish list".

I have, quite a few actually who detest this title.
Having said that I love the game and would love to own one but it is not my fav player by any means, it takes a lot of work to join the Cirqus but damn it's worth it if you can get there! My fav wizard mode of any pinball.
On my wish list but not my top 5 players.
I am lucky, I have a friend just up the rd who has a very nice one, along with some other very tasty titles so I can get a cv fix whenever we catch up for ales.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 11:06:49 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2012, 11:53:19 AM »
I'm getting in early this year. Picking up my NIB tomorrow or Tuesday.

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2012, 12:12:41 PM »
After a 2011 I'd rather forget due to some additional bills (legal) draining my pinball fund faster than a speeding bullet, I'm hoping to get a Tommy, Getaway HSII, and a Fish Tales this year.  $#$

The Tommy I want to be in fairly good condition, with the other two somewhere in the resto bracket so I can cut my teeth on them.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2012, 01:18:40 PM »
Got to get myself a CV. There isn't one on location here in Melbourne, so pretty much want to evaluate the gameplay. And if it isn't to my liking, out she goes.

Having said that I love the game and would love to own one but it is not my fav player by any means, it takes a lot of work to join the Cirqus but damn it's worth it if you can get there! My fav wizard mode of any pinball.
I am lucky, I have a friend just up the rd who has a very nice one, along with some other very tasty titles so I can get a cv fix whenever we catch up for ales.

I know of players who detest the title purely because they don't like the attention the title attracts. As a game, they don't care for it and in most cases, you strike up a conversation about gameplay and they clearly don't know the game enough to describe the modes etc. The first time I played a CV - I wanted one.

Having said that - I don't get the fuss about Medieval Madness or Cactus Canyon. I don't play them much.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2012, 04:54:47 PM »
I want to get a Iron Man and have a lead or two so hopefully that's a early one to cross off. Another thing is get a project to el_timbo if the schedule and budget allow it and also to finish something for the pinball room - Jukebox project that been going for about 7 years now though it did hand brake when my daughter was born 2.5 years ago. It is a custom build from scratch with exotic timbers, Bose sound system, NAD amp and some small lights - can start a thread if anyone is interested (might motivate me to finish).
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »
Yeah, do a thread by all means!
What a great project - I love the originality and the timbers  *%*
Time to extract the digit.

P.S. here's one way to make it work?

"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2012, 05:46:05 PM »

I know of players who detest the title purely because they don't like the attention the title attracts. As a game, they don't care for it and in most cases, you strike up a conversation about gameplay and they clearly don't know the game enough to describe the modes etc. The first time I played a CV - I wanted one.

Having said that - I don't get the fuss about Medieval Madness or Cactus Canyon. I don't play them much.

Yeah your right, many are unaware of the depth of the pin and others just don't like or appreciate the colours and the audio associated with the theme.
I scratch my head on both of those, I think it all fits very very well, it's such a unique game in every way. I would love to own one....... one day.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2012, 11:35:14 AM »
I would be interested in hearing anyone's opinion of how they rated a few games on "Revenge from Mars Pinball 2000 compared to the Attack from Mars".

I have played both and just felt the RFM had alot more bang for ya buck than the AFM which costs 3 times as much.  !@#

Anyone else ever played both and what were ya thoughts on gameplay. (forget disliking machine shape of a RFM, but just on gameplay alone ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2012, 11:43:29 AM »
Had a killer of a game on RFM at Daz's meet.. smashing all high scores, killing all aliens etc.... loved it! Havent played AFM though

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »
Still after a nice tidy Bally Elvira and the Party Monsters, working or not but compleat.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »
In 2012,well I really want to complete my 1st every pinball resto DE Checkpoint, will also be chasing parts/decals etc to restore my EATPM.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2012, 03:13:09 PM »
Had a killer of a game on RFM at Daz's meet.. smashing all high scores, killing all aliens etc.... loved it! Havent played AFM though

You were conquering all that came before you gav no doubt there mate.
RFM is great fun for sure.
AFM is a better game than RFM imo but RFM is a lot more fun when shitfaced, hands down it's the best pin to play when wasted.