Author Topic: Longest continuous ebay listing  (Read 323 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Longest continuous ebay listing
« on: January 01, 2012, 11:54:56 AM »
This machine seems to have been continually listed for what seems years.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Granny-Gators-Pinball-Machine-Bally-Midway-/150725170905?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item2317eb96d9
Any others?????

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Longest continuous ebay listing
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 01:32:15 PM »

Bally "Spottem" has been listed for at least 2 years. I think it was last listed in November.

"Granny and the Gators" is a VERY rare and collectible title, and it would be worth around $2500. I'm surprised it has not sold. Even international buyers would be keen.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:22 AM »
Yeah but its not in the greatest condition with extensive playfield wear at the top half. Wayne has put in a new board and had the other boards problems sorted out at considerable cost though.
But its been on there since I believe October 2010, so the fees would have added up a fair bit by now. It also comes up regularly overseas, particularly in the US for stuff all so interest will always need to be generated from Aus. Compound that with a confusing and awkward game, it doesn't do itself any favors.
Very rare and unusual games just don't command the dollars they deserve. Ill have a smirk on my face the day he decides he wants to sell it and drop it down to $2200 to get the ball rolling.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »
there was a spottem wood rail on ebay for at least 3 yrs. Nino used to mention it a few yrs back on a post somewhere on the forum. but i think that wood rail has been pulled, or the owner died of frustration.  :D   do you guys know the one i mean ?  it was the longest ebay listing in the history of pinball. that granny and the gators wayne has doesnt even come close to that woodrail i am talking about.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 01:33:23 PM »
there was a spottem wood rail on ebay for at least 3 yrs. Nino used to mention it a few yrs back on a post somewhere on the forum. but i think that wood rail has been pulled, or the owner died of frustration.  :D   do you guys know the one i mean ?  it was the longest ebay listing in the history of pinball. that granny and the gators wayne has doesnt even come close to that woodrail i am talking about.

was listed again just before Xmas with a reduction on the $2000 asking price...... the overpriced machines that "come from a private collection" must be coming up to record breaking durations.....

.... unless your a museum they are all private collections yes?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 01:47:12 PM »

You should have read the thread first  @.@ - Nino has already mentioned that......
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 07:01:52 PM »
That Grannie and the Gators may not be the same machine being listed.
When I was at Waynes factory, a while back, he had two of them.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 08:03:34 PM »
Really? Pretty sure he has got just the one? I saw it myself when it was wrapped up from the trip down here.

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 01:37:33 AM »
Maybe he already sold the other one.

It does seem a bit like flogging a dead horse when you see the same stuff listed over and over again.
Especially when it's the same price every time.
When I list things, at a fixed price, and they don't sell I lower the price till it goes.
I'm not a business though so....
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 03:37:08 AM »

You should have read the thread first  @.@ - Nino has already mentioned that......

thankyou Nick.
I didnt see Nino's post for some reason, was reading from the "recent topics list" and didnt see it at all ! nice to see u keeping me on my toes again in 2012 !   %$%
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !