Author Topic: Another 'Simple fix'  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Another 'Simple fix'
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 02:31:09 PM »
Why? Had the username before selling, dont only buy and sell pinball stuff,my customers know me by this name,have built up a small but positive rating,dont sell or buy pinballs under a business name but rather as a hobbiest. Dont know why you feel its so important to change my username when I have been selling successfully with the current. I have sold hundreds of pins without any problem. You make it out like i have something to hide.......simple.........dont buy.
I noticed your username doesnt give any indication to other forum members that it is you buying or selling, so change yours.

Diamond Lady sold, to forum member.

mate, u missed my point by a mile again. no one is asking u to change your username on ebay, just add the words "silverball" to the listing. U didnt get that simple point ?
and u havent sold hundreds of pinballs without a problem, there have been 3 or 4 occurences on here where people have questioned your listings one way or another.
so your selling practices arent perfect, cause if they were, we wouldnt have a thread to read and post on. and just because your existing customers know your ebay username means nothing. What about all the AP members who might buy from you, if they knew u were the person behind an unknown ebay username.

it seems to me silverball that u are the sort of bloke who cant learn a thing. people provide honest feedback to try n offer some constructive feedback to help, but you seem to know it all. A smart bussiness man takes peoples feedback on board. Thats what seperates the amateurs to the professionals. Probably why you shld stick to being a amateur hobbyist instead of coming accross as a professional hobbyist in the pinball industry  ^^^ ^^^

Not really sure what purpose adding "silverball" to a listing would prove ? To the eBay buyers, it is not going to prove anything unless you have bought from Dave before. Most private sellers don't need to add their forum name to a listing. I'm sure 95% of eBayers would not have a clue if I added "strangeways" to any machines I would sell on eBay. I'm sure other reputable private sellers don't add their forum names - never seen "MartyJ" on one of his auctions ? I think prospective buyers are more interested in feedback, not a forum name.

If a seller chooses to sell a game "as is", as long as he describes the fault and is totally honest up front, I can't see an issue. It's HIS choice. That's EXACTLY what I see has happened. I know who bought this game and it has gone to a highly respected collector - so it is a "win win" for BOTH seller and buyer.

Dave is one of the "good guys" of the hobby, and we need more people like him. Having pot shots at him is poor form. As he has mentioned before, why advertise on AP, when some members can't read, and don't want to understand his reasons for selling. He is a LOT MORE professional than most of the guys that are full time in the industry. Sheesh - if we are going to take pot shots at auctions, then this site would be full of negative threads regarding every single dealer pin on eBay.

Well done on the sale, Dave - and I'm sure I will be playing this title in the near future  ^^^ Gone to a good home !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »

mate, u missed my point by a mile again. no one is asking u to change your username on ebay, just add the words "silverball" to the listing. U didnt get that simple point ?

Let's be clear, it's just you asking, not the forum.

And these sort of comments "by a mile again" and "U didnt get that simple point" are unnecessary.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 04:09:29 PM »
Dave is A+ and he's just wanted to point out without any misconceptions that this game is not 100%.

What some members here, I think, have now learnt is that you need to be very careful in what is said as it can be embarrassing, especially if it ends up being directed towards someone that has not done harm to anyone prior.

Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 05:19:39 PM »
Oh dear.. i knew this thread was going to go tits up once it was revealed the dave Silverball was the seller. I think Bretts main point was that this thread may never had happened had we all known it was Silverball in the first place. I was more than happy with my dealings with him... i sold the machine on and the buyer wasnt happy with me in fact.. as he put it.. for that amount of money i expected a better player... well i couldnt help that and although i took all the displays out of my Star Trek so machine was 100% working, my name is mud to that buyer ( im still without displays!).... cant please em all.
Ebay is full of ads that have ... machine not working but its a simple fix etc... hence the title of the thread "Another simple fix"... as ive said before, normally this sort of listing is there to pass on a problem to the uninitiated and naive buyers.... i said NORMALLY..

Machine was priced very well and im sure the new owner will have it up and running in no time.
We know daves a good bloke and i apologise for all on the forum if this thread offended... that wasnt the intention.. and had i known it was Dave, i wouldnt have posted what i did..

Elkor hit the nail on the head..

Peace and Love brothers...

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Oh dear.. i knew this thread was going to go tits up once it was revealed the dave Silverball was the seller.

Hence why I dropped the issue once the sellers identity was clear

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:59 PM »
someone said it is good to read what u have written before u write it, I agree 100 percent, so anyone who doesnt like what i have written shld read EVERY single word again to see the points I was making. I never once said the guy was dishonest.

AND i dont speak on behalf of the forum, never have, never will, i only speak on behalf of myself. and he did miss my very simple point Nick, so perhaps the words you didnt like were neccessary after all. but lets not argue, its only my opinion, nothing more. i am usually wrong 99 percent of the time, or correct some of the time depending on who u speak to.lol   I felt frustrated once i felt the bloke was being close minded refusing to at least acknowledge someone was trying to add some helpful suggestions to help both the seller and AP members. If anyone one has missed my message, dont worry about it, if u havent got it by now, another 10 posts wont help.

i wish the guy all the luck in the world with his listings. no ill feeling from me at all. quite the opposite with the first few suggestions i was making.  ^^^ 
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 08:40:32 PM »
My dealings with Dave have always been positive - and yes I did swap my Mousin' Around! for his Cactus Jacks machine.

Anyway I guess the real lesson is that we shouldn't be too hasty in pointing the finger at eBay listings. Sure, some listings are atrocious, but a lot probably aren't.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 09:06:56 PM »

AND i dont speak on behalf of the forum, never have, never will, i only speak on behalf of myself.

In that case "no one is asking u to change your username on ebay" should IMO have read "I am not asking u to change your username on ebay". Using the term "no-one" suggests some unity of comment and there was only you making the suggestion.

Nick, so perhaps the words you didnt like were neccessary after all. but lets not argue, its only my opinion, nothing more.

Comments that someone can't understand "simple" statements are insulting and cannot be justified under the "my opinion" shield.

Cordial to behavior to members is a hallmark of this forum and is enforced.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 10:37:22 PM »
My 2c worth.......

This type of thread is why I don't spend much time if any on the other forum.  How it got 3 pages long I am not really sure but everything could have been sorted, done and dusted in a page and left at that.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 10:57:50 PM »
i agree with people who say its some times a concern that its easy for sellers to say "simple fix" when its not, this happens with cars but like cars if it seems like a good buy and you are suspect about the simple fix part, then go have a look and see if it is a simple fix, if not then its a gamble. or dont buy i guess. but i dont like the idea of bagging out peoples sales unless it looks 100% dodgy like sticker playfield kiss man. lol
I do see sometimes bad posts on machines that are sold slightly expensive, but then i hae to remember that hobiest do get machines cheaper than general public, as they arent in the know and dont know 50 people selling a certain machine. and that is the same with cars and car parts
ther eis always hobiest prices and regular prices
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 11:00:49 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »
My 2c worth.......

This type of thread is why I don't spend much time if any on the other forum.  How it got 3 pages long I am not really sure but everything could have been sorted, done and dusted in a page and left at that.

You are 100% right Blair. That's we we have decided to close the thread.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia