Author Topic: Another 'Simple fix'  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Another 'Simple fix'
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 06:49:03 PM »
Plumbers taps always leak and Daniel Pinballs never work  %.%

but your parts you sell are good  ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2012, 03:26:32 AM »
this guy seems to sell alot of stuff, sometimes seems the majority, of pinballs not fully working with simple fixes, BUT, I have to say, its his choice.
if its 100 percent working it means more $$ to him, not fully working, less money.

whilst i agree with pop bumper pete's questioning of it, and replay's question about it being so simple to fix, so why not fix it, i can also agree with Gavs point that sometimes the last few little things just dont get done sometime because you get tired of a project and just want to move on.

i have taken exception to a few of silverballs listings in the past, but on this one it seems to be honest and the deskription is fair and inclusive.
personally, i would never sell a machine with faults or things missing, but thats me. but in this guys defence, ALOT of people do not/and will not buy a pinball unless it is a project that needs repairs or parts because that style of listing is what floats their boat. if the listing is honest, and not deceptive, i think he is welcome to sell what he wants, and how he wants. i dont think pete was questioning the listing, or the guys honesty, but perhaps just pointing out that a simple fix, could be perhaps, simply fixed !

* PERHAPS its a good idea, if u are a member of a pinball forum, and you have a past/positive/reasonable reputation of selling pinballs for many years, to put your name to the listing. if the ebay listing had "Silverball/his real name, then 99percent of people would say "ahh thats so and so's listing, its all good". If you have a good name in the industry, USE IT. otherwise, the listing looks to the masses that a newbie/inexperienced seller has listed a pinball with a simple fix that will now bring the price down. Food for thought.  ^^^
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 03:31:05 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline silverball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »
FFS guys,one of the reasons I dont offer my machines on forums is the bagging and bitching and critising of every move someone makes.Suprised by some forum member comments, most of which i have had positive dealings with before. !@#Probably because they didnt realise it was me but doesnt make it right.
Facts for bored people.

Have about 50 pins with more on the way.
Have infant which is my priority.
Work long hours on pinballs all day and cant always be assed to continue working on them when I get home.
Have house,pinballs,project cars and not enough time.
starting price is only $999.00
Most my machines are sold word of mouth with 90% of my customers wanting them in "as is" condition or unworking to save money.
Do I have to explain myself further. Those who dont like my listings need not buy. I have been selling for years and my customers have never complained - most come back for more.

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2012, 10:19:06 AM »
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Diamond-Lady-pinball-/270885220226?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item3f12046f82

From the listing
Rare title, I work full time in the pinball industry and this is the only one I have seen in the flesh.

There is a switch fault that doesnt allow the start button to activate - needs repair and could be a simple fix.

Next time I need repairs, I am going to this guy  #@#

you already have

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2012, 10:20:31 AM »
LOL- sounds like he knows his stuff! Hire with confidence...

mmmmmm switch fault that wont allow START button to operate..... LOL.... no credits maybe??
I remeber you being a happy customer some time ago

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
Well spoted, Have a look at his completed listings the Defender arcade game also had issues!
Sold for $450 and described as not working,forum member very happy

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »
LOL- sounds like he knows his stuff! Hire with confidence...

mmmmmm switch fault that wont allow START button to operate..... LOL.... no credits maybe??
I remeber you being a happy customer some time ago

That i was mate... dont get all roused up. When i posted that it was just another Ebay listing that had "simple fix"on it... no shortage of those and with every "simple fix" listing we ask the same questions.... wasnt then and isnt now a personal dig at you.
Plenty of operators/ sellers that believe a restore is a few bulbs and a wipe down out there and the old... "you can fix this yourself.. its easy"...or... backglass can be found on Ebay etc.... each beg the same question.
Normally this sort of listing means the seller is hiding something and BEFORE i knew it was yourself i would have put money on it

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 10:55:47 AM »
"cant always be assed"

so you're either 25~35 YO or an American?

We say "arsed" in Australia because we speak BRITISH English not Seppo English!

Flame me all you like but get the lingo right first please.... %.%
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2012, 12:57:55 PM »

If I was a collector that wanted this rare game for that price with a small fault - I'd be wrapped. In fact, I'd "look out for" this type of sale. Game is worth more in 100% condition, but here is a chance to own a TRUE RARE machine. I'd think people would be happy to buy the game for the advertised price than the true value. I'd place the value of this game at $1500 - $1800 reconditioned in today's market. Five years ago, I would have jumped on this game, for this price. I see this sale as an opportunity to own a rare machine. If Dave has other priorities than repairing this game - then that is a positive to a prospective buyer who CAN fix the game cheaply.

I think we are used to seeing this TYPE of sale (not by private sellers) that are typical of Dealers who KNOW the game they are selling has numerous faults that they don't want to PAY to have repaired.

"Game works 100% but it is missing the Hologram"

"Game in perfect order except lines missing in DMD which don't affect gameplay"

"Some plastics missing you can buy on eBay.."

There are bigger problems in the industry than the sale of this machine. In no way is the seller trying to deceive anyone. I see it as an opportunity.

FWIW - I know the buyer of the Defender Cabinet and he was extremely pleased with the transaction.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:12 PM »

If I was a collector that wanted this rare game for that price with a small fault - I'd be wrapped. In fact, I'd "look out for" this type of sale. Game is worth more in 100% condition, but here is a chance to own a TRUE RARE machine. I'd think people would be happy to buy the game for the advertised price than the true value. I'd place the value of this game at $1500 - $1800 reconditioned in today's market.

FWIW - I know the buyer of the Defender Cabinet and he was extremely pleased with the transaction.

Very pleased nino, in fact if the defender was 100% working there is no way i would have won the ebay auction as it would have gone for at least twice the price and if silverball had of sold it working on consignment through bumper you could triple the price tag.i suspect whoever wins this pinball will be just as happy as i am over the defender,i also think silverballs camera must not be very good because the defender looked twice as good in person as what the photos portrayed.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 04:38:27 PM »
Silverball, why dont you put your name on the ebay listings ?   Wouldnt that make things easier for all concerned, and it also gives your brand name extra power. People see your name next to the listing and it gives them additional re-assurrance.
Without your name next to the listing, no one knows it is you. Surely you can see that having your name attached to the listing would be a huge bonus/benefit for you. Why dont you use the power of your good name. It would be like Avis/Budget Truck rental advertising a truck for hire, and not using their own brand name. Your brand name is everything. Not putting your name next to a ebay listing may send a negative message/s in my opinion to some people.
People ask, why doesnt he put his name to the machine ? Just suggesting something positive to make things clearer for all punters.  I have no problem with you or your games/work. Most people say good things. And as for the forum etc, people will only call it/say something negative if they feel a listing is a bit dodgy, but usually 95percent of the time, everyone on here will give multiple praise/and goodluck messages for anyone selling a machine.

yes, people on here are fussy, hence the listing has to be worded very well and concise, or sometimes us fussy pinheads get a bit defensive, if we dont know who the seller is. Put ya name on the bloody listings !.lol ^^^
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:49:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 09:26:41 AM »
Why? Had the username before selling, dont only buy and sell pinball stuff,my customers know me by this name,have built up a small but positive rating,dont sell or buy pinballs under a business name but rather as a hobbiest. Dont know why you feel its so important to change my username when I have been selling successfully with the current. I have sold hundreds of pins without any problem. You make it out like i have something to hide.......simple.........dont buy.
I noticed your username doesnt give any indication to other forum members that it is you buying or selling, so change yours.

Diamond Lady sold, to forum member.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 11:07:10 AM »
I don't think Cavy is suggesting that you 'change' your Fleabay user name but simply mention your trading name in the listing somewhere?

That's the way I read his post anyway !@#
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 01:40:02 PM »
Why? Had the username before selling, dont only buy and sell pinball stuff,my customers know me by this name,have built up a small but positive rating,dont sell or buy pinballs under a business name but rather as a hobbiest. Dont know why you feel its so important to change my username when I have been selling successfully with the current. I have sold hundreds of pins without any problem. You make it out like i have something to hide.......simple.........dont buy.
I noticed your username doesnt give any indication to other forum members that it is you buying or selling, so change yours.

Diamond Lady sold, to forum member.

mate, u missed my point by a mile again. no one is asking u to change your username on ebay, just add the words "silverball" to the listing. U didnt get that simple point ?
and u havent sold hundreds of pinballs without a problem, there have been 3 or 4 occurences on here where people have questioned your listings one way or another.
so your selling practices arent perfect, cause if they were, we wouldnt have a thread to read and post on. and just because your existing customers know your ebay username means nothing. What about all the AP members who might buy from you, if they knew u were the person behind an unknown ebay username.

it seems to me silverball that u are the sort of bloke who cant learn a thing. people provide honest feedback to try n offer some constructive feedback to help, but you seem to know it all. A smart bussiness man takes peoples feedback on board. Thats what seperates the amateurs to the professionals. Probably why you shld stick to being a amateur hobbyist instead of coming accross as a professional hobbyist in the pinball industry  ^^^ ^^^
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:47:26 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline elkor-alish

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »
I think a lot of the time we don't take the time to read what we have written before we post.
There is always more to the story than we know as Silverball has shown us.
When we 'assume' it makes an ass out of you and me.
Yes I do say 'Ass' instead of arse and I'm not American or between the ages mentioned (I'm older). I just prefer Ass.
Everyone is entitalled to there opinion but maybe we could take others opinions with a grain of salt and not worry too much about it, or the spelling.
I like it better when we all play nice.
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.