Author Topic: Small business  (Read 478 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Small business
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2012, 10:25:31 PM »
one modification to my earlier advice, successfully married poeople with kids can run a business together very well. that advice about the wife not being a great business partner was really aimed at say newly weds who were say 18 yrs of age. new marriages are hard enough without massive business pressure. but husband wife combos can work extremely well. i wanted to put that in context.

..and the food industry, would have to be one of the hardest businesses/trades of them all to make a dollar. so dam expensive to operate with small profit margins. I remember when i was a 12 yr old kid, and a oldman wheeler dealer gave me some advice about being an Entrepreneur. He said the following >

"you can sell one thousand ice creams and make a dollar a icecream, but you have to buy the stock, keep them refrigerated, find somewhere to sell them from, pay a person to stand behind the counter, and u can then make some money but it will be slow, hard work with lots of hassles, or u can just sell the icecream making machine to someone and make a thousand dollars on the sale and not have all the hassles and make the money in a ten minute period".

I decided to sell ice cream machines all my life ,so to speak.  Being a salesperson paid on performance, or a buyer and reseller, or a wheeler dealer, whatever u want to call it, is the way to make money today if u want to be your own boss  ^^^
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:29:27 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Small business
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »
!*!and the food industry, would have to be one of the hardest businesses/trades of them all to make a dollar. so dam expensive to operate with small profit margins. I remember when i was a 12 yr old kid, and a oldman wheeler dealer gave me some advice about being an Entrepreneur. He said the following >

"you can sell one thousand ice creams and make a dollar a icecream, but you have to buy the stock, keep them refrigerated, find somewhere to sell them from, pay a person to stand behind the counter, and u can then make some money but it will be slow, hard work with lots of hassles, or u can just sell the icecream making machine to someone and make a thousand dollars on the sale and not have all the hassles and make the money in a ten minute period".

I decided to sell ice cream machines all my life ,so to speak.  Being a salesperson paid on performance, or a buyer and reseller, or a wheeler dealer, whatever u want to call it, is the way to make money today if u want to be your own boss  ^^^

Gonna get even harder to be in the food industry once July comes and the carbon tax hits... pre cooked food will be expensive to cook and expensive to buy