Author Topic: What's the attraction with Facebook?  (Read 3360 times)

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
Re: What's the attraction with Facebook?
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2012, 12:59:13 AM »
Well I have truly tried to make a go of Facebook but I have concluded that the designers of it are complete MORONS and it doesn't surprise me one little bit that Facebook has lost HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of dollars since it went public.

I have tried my best but it the most 'user UNfriendly' site I think I have EVER used and I have given up attempting to 'update' it. It is faster and MUCH easier to modify my own website using HTML.

Facebook is COMPLETE RUBBISH and I am now convinced it is a fad that will die.....

Mate I shouldn't have looked at your Facebook page. Now I'm hungry!  @.@ Burgers look awsome and I like the sound of the ribs special.  *%*

oh the fad will die for sure, that is certainly the case, lol. however sorry you are having trouble with it, i was enjoying your updates they were very interesting. there is a for a point where you must advertise the fact you are on facebook, and then you get to a point where you no longer have to, thats a viral effect. on my facebook i have grown allot and i dont need too advertise that i am on facebook anymore.
 i have also noticed that i have got the the point where if i have new product that isnt selling, i post it on my page and say how fantastic it is every body clicks like and bingo that product sells, lol it has been very helpfull reaching people in towns surrounding me that i had trouble reaching outside of our town. since my last posts here i have doubled my facebook likes and my viral reach is over 2000 people.
My buisness has grown considerably, i certainly believe that it is contributed to this form of advertising, there is no way i could have reached the amount of people i have with out it. what is amazing the most to me is having loyal fan base on a business and how people are actually willing to advertise your business.
 thats what i have found any ways. i cant see how facebook can make money, when you dont need to pay for their stupid adds, its so easy to advertise for free on it. virtually they have design a system thats work on viral effect, so efficiently you dont need adds, there system is to efficient to need to pay for adds. the adds are an after thought and that shows and they cant make money.
From time to time i tested how strong my adverts were, so i post my website on my facebook page, i have stats grabber that tells me where the majority of my hits come from, facebook is the strongest source to my webpage out doing google 100 times. yes it will die in the ass one time and when that happens i will be moving with what ever is new to do the same thing. lol
My success could be purely on the type of business i am also. heres my page to see how i am doing it http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mellum-Munchies/115543965165829

Mate I shouldn't have looked at your Facebook page. Now I'm hungry  @.@ the Burgers look awsome and I like the sound of your rib special.  *%*

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2012, 01:06:25 AM »
ahaha your welcome to come in any time mate.  ^^^

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2012, 05:02:49 AM »
Further proof of biological devolution.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:42:40 AM by pinsanity »

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:33 PM »
Could i make a suggestion homepin?? when you send out your boards maybe include your facebook link on a printout, if they join your page and see your product updates it might increase future sales.

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2012, 12:29:07 PM »
Maybe - the issue I have with Facebook is that it takes a LOT of time to keep updating it and the site is VERY user un-friendly. It is a very 'clunky', poorly thought out site.

I can't believe so many use it - it's next to unusable for me???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17:10 PM »
Maybe - the issue I have with Facebook is that it takes a LOT of time to keep updating it and the site is VERY user un-friendly. It is a very 'clunky', poorly thought out site.

I can't believe so many use it - it's next to unusable for me???

yer facebook has certainly got worse, this is their latest system, they changed to this format prior to dropping facebook on the stock market. it is shithouse, the older system was a better system, your not alone on this this format of facebook. i have had to take allot of time to learn this format, it is clunky as you say, it was stupid how they changed from a very userfriendly system to a shit one. this was a case of they shouldnt have tried to fix what wasnt broken. hopefully they change this format soon i have feeling they will have too soon