Author Topic: What's the attraction with Facebook?  (Read 3361 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What's the attraction with Facebook?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 06:26:22 PM »
Please print some more, that's the best Tshirt design I have seen in ages!
Thanx for the praise, makes it all worthwhile as i often pun around with wordplay to design shirts & car stickers.

MM.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 06:38:04 PM »
Please print some more, that's the best Tshirt design I have seen in ages!
Thanx for the praise, makes it all worthwhile as i often pun around with wordplay to design shirts & car stickers.

MM.
No worries mate, that is a very clever design....crude and rude yes but very clever all the same and right up my alley. Stoked you are printing some more, I would love one and I bet I could sell a few more for you too.
 ^^^
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 10:34:21 PM »
I signed up years ago and only jump on 2-3 times (Christmas / Birthdays) a year to keep in touch and watch my cousins and their kids grow up in Holland. Otherwise your so called friends in Aus just use it to do the peeping tom of anything you may have on there.

FaceSpace is a joke overall.

As for phones - there not far behind. Once work stops the phone goes in the drawer until I go back to work the next day, next week - it is so freeing like it was when I was a kid.

Luckily my wife is the same, much better things to do in life.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 11:20:44 PM »
This is a T-shirt design i came up with around a year ago, a big seller indeedy.  ;-)

UCKWI

:lol :lol :lol :lol

love it  *)*

+1 Thats great  %.% %.% %.%

facebook is nothing but a big WANK as far as im concerned

My niece wanted to set me up with a facebook account.. i said NOOOO THANKS  *.* *.* *.*
I have no interest in it what so ever, i have no interest in reading how many times someone shits in a day  :lol

Marty Machine

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »
As for phones - there not far behind. Once work stops the phone goes in the drawer until I go back to work the next day, next week - it is so freeing like it was when I was a kid.
Luckily my wife is the same, much better things to do in life.
At least you have CONTROL of your phone usage, most people are simply addicts and truly believe they NEED a phone to live.
I'm sure most teenagers these days text eachother to remind eachother to breath, it really is getting that bad ....

I don't have a mobile phone nor do i NEED one, call me at home or email me, if i don't respond then I'M DOING SOMETHING and will get back to you....it's not rocket science  ;-)

It's amazing how the telco's and social-media sites are making BILLIONS from peoples sheer stupidity, oh well....a fool and their money are soon parted  :lol :lol :lol :lol
MM.

!@# @@^ !@#

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 07:51:11 AM »
Quote from: Marty [/quote

I don't have a mobile phone nor do i NEED one, call me at home or email me, if i don't respond then I'M DOING SOMETHING and will get back to you....it's not rocket science  ;-)

It's amazing how the telco's and social-media sites are making BILLIONS from peoples sheer stupidity, oh well....a fool and their money are soon parted  :lol :lol :lol :lol
MM.

!@# @@^ !@#

+1
I have never owned nor will I ever own a mobile phone.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »
But on a good note about face book.  It is keeping a heap of wankers inside and away from us smart sociable people who actually go out into the real world.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
But on a good note about face book.  It is keeping a heap of wankers inside and away from us smart sociable people who actually go out into the real world.

:lol :lol
I need more room ! and more $$$

Marty Machine

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 01:53:21 PM »
I have never owned nor will I ever own a mobile phone.
I bet you get the same strange looks when people find out you don't have a mobile?

I always get asked "how do you get by?", and when people on the phone ask for my mobile info (banks, loans, memberships etc) they freak out like i'm the only guy on Earth without a phone.

Marty Machine

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 01:53:59 PM »
Agreed !!  ;-)

Offline Pinprick

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 01:59:56 PM »
My sentiments . . .
"I don't operate on a level playing field"

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 07:06:29 PM »

*)*

Is that where all the Aussies have gone, and I though we were slowly being overrun by Indians  *)*

Marty Machine

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 01:05:26 AM »
Is that where all the Aussies have gone, and I though we were slowly being overrun by Indians  *)*
We Are, and most Aussies bagged Pauline Hanson for speaking her mind, now look at the country gettin' taken over !!!!

No doubt the Government will keep trying to change the flag, but soon enough they'll change the name of the Country instead, Australasia perhaps?  ;-)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 07:28:07 PM »
It is scary stuff, nust people blow it off, but it is going to get tougher for my kids to get a basic job, let alone be able to buy a house.
Watched a great doco by David Attenborough on the earth and population growth, really amazing figures how quickly the population is doubling and we just dont have the resources to keep up with it.

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2012, 07:10:11 AM »
I was "phish tricked" into signing up for facebook a while back. It made it look like a request was coming from my out of town brother. So I was in I guess. Once I was on it, I did use it to look up some old friends from way back. That's about the only useful thing about it in my opinion. Otherwise I look at it about once every month or two. Just not my thing, but then again, I'm an old fart so...

The subject comes up often of late how facebook makes money. I have an idea how they do that, but I've noticed that FB and Twitter buttons are becoming an annoying part of visiting web pages these days. I use adblock on Firefox and I'd like to learn how to use something like that to block the FB and Twitter crap too. I guess it's popular enough that it's not blocked by default on adblock. I ought to look into that and I think I will today. Radio and TV are already supersaturated with ads and have very little content compared to my younger days. I'm a quick-draw with the mute button now. I'd like my internet to stick with the content thing and block all the ads that it can.

What's the attraction with Facebook? The answer is, the owner is making gajillions with it. Oh, you meant for the public? I guess, for whatever reason, snake oil always finds plenty of suckers.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.