Author Topic: Another Wish List Item To Add To The Collection  (Read 10460 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Another Wish List Item To Add To The Collection
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2012, 08:00:23 PM »

I'd be shocked if there was one of these in Australia. Clay restores two of these in one of his "This Old Pinball" Videos. Very cool machine.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2012, 08:08:37 PM »
^&^. Imagine if it was the genco Gav  droooooooolllll

Bloody hell mate... my bloods pumping!!!

Olivia... maaaaaaate.. Daniel doesnt want this.. he is too tied up with Hyper Ball etc and he absolutely HATES all these games..LOL

Ok.. single player.. im thinking it must be the Chicago Coin version.
Still ULTRA cool and a lovely, lovely machine... do i want??? Oh yes... very yes!

Link is here..
BTW... only 305 made

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/probask.htm

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
^&^. Imagine if it was the genco Gav  droooooooolllll

Bloody hell mate... my bloods pumping!!!

Olivia... maaaaaaate.. Daniel doesnt want this.. he is too tied up with Hyper Ball etc and he absolutely HATES all these games..LOL

Ok.. single player.. im thinking it must be the Chicago Coin version.
Still ULTRA cool and a lovely, lovely machine... do i want??? Oh yes... very yes!

Link is here..
BTW... only 305 made

http://www.pinrepair.com/baseball/probask.htm

when Libby gets home from the shop tonight, Ill ask her, she has a better memory than i do, lol, i tend to think its not as long as that one. but ill ask her, she will be home in an hour. the figure look simular and the background is similar. BTW thank you for your help guys. its rather exciting

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2012, 08:34:38 PM »
Exciting alright.. this is what keeps me passionate.
If youve found a 50;s - 60;s arcade game here in QLD then its a very rare find indeed... i recently JUST missed out on one of these and it still pains me to think about it..

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/spacpil.htm

I love these arcade games... cmon.. tell me where it is, im only a 2hr drive away..LOL

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2012, 08:39:49 PM »
I only know of the two machines ive already listed as Basketball games with manequins... Midway made one in the early 90's but it didnt have any figurines..

..LOl- not sure ill be able to sleep tonight!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:50 PM »
Exciting alright.. this is what keeps me passionate.
If youve found a 50;s - 60;s arcade game here in QLD then its a very rare find indeed... i recently JUST missed out on one of these and it still pains me to think about it..

http://www.pinrepair.com/arcade/spacpil.htm

I love these arcade games... cmon.. tell me where it is, im only a 2hr drive away..LOL

mate that thing is awesome. wow. i love this sort of stuff.
like your bowler game everything is fantastic about them. there that mystery of how does it work and you know its more than likely simple but you gotta know. lol
as for where if i cant make a deal ill pass the info on lol, you might be willing to spend more than i.

..LOl- not sure ill be able to sleep tonight!

it could be nothing and not really anything special
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 08:52:25 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2012, 08:57:08 PM »

And more often that not.. thats the case.
doesnt stop me blood from pumping though

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »

she recons it doesnt look like those machines, ill tell you what ill go for a drive and see if i can take a photo fro mthe window tonight, so you can sleep mate lol

Ill be back in an hour. lol

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »

she recons it doesnt look like those machines, ill tell you what ill go for a drive and see if i can take a photo fro mthe window tonight, so you can sleep mate lol

Ill be back in an hour. lol

Too funny... Good on ya!

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
Ok, yer no good guys, its not that old, its from the late 80s or eirly nineties, I could see it better at night as the shop had the lights on. and didnt have chair in front of it this time, the figure is plastic, and the display is made to look like a score real but is just something you would see on a ss pinball. the cab is made to look old with classic stickers and what not, couldnt get pictures as the glare from the window glass sorry. it would have been something from an arcade in the nineties. bugger sorry to get hopes up,

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2012, 10:27:56 PM »
All good and thank you for making the effort.. i still want to know what it is though.. could be a repro of something.
Plastic figurines is a bit... yeh well.... at least on my repro bowler the figurine is cast bronze.. weighs a bloody ton

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »
All good and thank you for making the effort.. i still want to know what it is though.. could be a repro of something.
Plastic figurines is a bit... yeh well.... at least on my repro bowler the figurine is cast bronze.. weighs a bloody ton

yer its like they made everything look old except the figure, i thought the figure looked old the other day, but i couldnt see that well. but the figure is 80s or nineties looking. was much clearer seeing it with the shops light on at night. it has footing thats obviously older than the machine it could be an old school desk or something to stop it falling over,lol, as it was that laminated chip board thats woodgrain color, where as the machine is white, with a stenciled basket ball player on it. i thought the base was newer than the machine because of the style, but its just made to look retro. its certainly not new but its not 60s. i was like you i needed to go see it to confirm. some one has also put led jukebox style light tubing inside it recently, to try and make it look more modern i am guessing. it wasnt turned on but i could see it. it may have been a midway?

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »
hey went in and checked this machine out during the day, forgot my camera sorry.
its made by Quick silver??? not the surfing brand, its definatly early 90's, it has speech it looked old because upclose you could see it was very worn and crap condition. its prety cool however, the more hoops you shoot the more gumballs you get. its a rather simple cab and stand, i thought i would offer to buy it and restore, however they knew who i was and it would end up in more shop, and so they said as their shop is for sale they will sell it when the shop sells only. bugger. my plan was buy it and redesign it to make more retro.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:21:41 PM by Olivia_jason »