Author Topic: New bed ahahahah  (Read 659 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
New bed ahahahah
« on: January 16, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »
two weeks ago, decided to upgrade to king size bed, went to amart and bought this bed,

Stay tuned for what was delivered today lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
Re: New bed ahahahah
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »
ok allot of breaks, lol
the shot showing the under bed draws shows the draws that dont close, and that wasnt from breaks but from them not aligning the slides ahahaha, more to comes

beleive me i was in fits of laughter as i looked at this thing lol

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 09:19:31 PM »
ok wood here is split the entire length from screwing into the ply, it is so bad the entire laminate if completely separate, lol

the bed corner isn't joined correctly as you can see, ahaha more to come

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 09:33:32 PM »
now here we have an example, where they used a peice of really bend wood as a support for the bed, this wood was so bent that when they made the frame they nailed it down together, and with all the tention from the bend its actually pulled its self apart. lol

then the other pictures we get to the part where we have actual dry rott in a brand new bed just out of the box, lol this rotten wood is so bad i beleive its the reason the bed has fractured, as the box it came in had no damage on it what so ever. its so rotten its fallen apart from handeling, ahaha.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 09:43:20 PM »
now here is a great example of the superb joinery work. lol its second to none lol

oh and then put the ply base on top only to see a huge ben in the frame its self, think the ply was cut wrong?? put the tape over the ply and it was square, the actuall frame was 50mm out of square, and the feature face of the draws had a 40mm difference from one end to the other as you can see by the gap lol, that is by far my favorite part of my new quality bed, it is a masterpiece.

as im sure many of you can see, i am very happy with my new bed, why wouldn't i??

ok thats all the pictures and faults i could bother to take, there is more believe it or not but im sure you get the picture

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

Thankfully, Amart won't be building Pinballs in the near future  &&
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 11:03:46 PM »

Thankfully, Amart won't be building Pinballs in the near future  &&

ahahaha thats a classic call, lol

if they did, you would have to start the restoration the day it came out of the box, lol
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 11:05:40 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline rocky_pinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCCKKKYYYYY BAAAAAAAABBBBOA
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 11:54:59 PM »
jeasus christ thats the probs the most shotty work i have ever seen out of a box, how did they even sell that, it belongs on the scrap heap

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 01:35:30 AM »
jeasus christ thats the probs the most shotty work i have ever seen out of a box, how did they even sell that, it belongs on the scrap heap

oh man its bad alright, last time i buy something from a box lol

check this vid out i thought it was a classic

seems im not the only person with this sort of crap

anyways i contacted super amart via their facebook page, which seems to be the best way to contact them as the reply's are instant, when i rang on phone i wasnt greeted that well, lol

here is the correspondences,

Jason
ahahaha, bought a new king sized bed two weeks ago, arrived today, was really happy to get it, lol well opened the box to find something that had me rolling around the floor in a fit of laughter, I have never in my life spent so much money to buy a broken pile of wood, that would have less value than a pine wood fork lift pallet. store didnt say sorry lol, and i have to wait till Thursday till i get replacement. that would be fine if you didn't sell me this. http://youtu.be/WMt0FSThGKg

Jason
 its so Hilarius i cant stop laughing at my new purchase, a new bed that has dry rott in the wood, its out of square by 50mm, the face has a 40mm warp in it, the ply wood is delaminated, wood is broken in several places, draws dont open, the draws slides are not aligned to the point you cant open or close them.the joinery is horrid, corners split apart, the wood is so soft in places you can put your finger in it, lol, the box it came in however was in perfect shape. might sleep on the box tonight, now i ring the shop, not angry,and the shop manager doesn't say sorry, lol says ring back in ten mins after checking over the entire thing, only problem shop closed in 5 mins lol, so we rang back quickly as we knew their operating hours, they said hopefully you get replacement by thursday, as they have to get one from Brisbane, however it doesn't take 3 days to drive from brisbane to the sunshine coast, if your product is this bad i think priority on rectification should be put put ahead of all else. to avoid this sort of embarrassment, I need a bed lol or i want a refund so i can buy from some one who wont sell me a rotted out pile of wood. lol

Super A-Mart Hi Jason,
 I am really sorry this happened. All our furniture comes with a guarantee so we will be happy to fix this for you. If you want to let me know which store you purchased this from and any more details I will be happy to get this sorted out for you ASAP. Please email me at feedback@superamart.com.au. Thanks Amber.

Jason
Hi Amber i bought from the warana store, i would really like to have this sorted before Thursday for a a few reasons, i paid for delivery, i have a tonne of packaging laying around my house for this bed, i have a bed thats taking up space i cant use, and as i got rid of my old bed to make room for this bed, i have put it in that our room, and will be sleeping in our spare room, which may not seem like a pain in normal circumstances but having to navigate around broken bed parts each day is a pain, plus Thursday i am at work, as we own a buisness we wont be able to leave the shop from 8am to 9pm at night, we are a small business, our days off are mondays and tuesdays, and to be honest for it to remotely work with us and our work times we would more likely have to wait till next week to get the bed which is more of a headache, as we did work out with the store for delivery today for the reason thats our days off and able to be at home when the bed arrives, i dont mind stuff ups but i do like a company to rectify their problems even if it is an inconvience to them. i guess the leason for me is buy from the small guy at least they are the owners and also the staff, and so you dont to deal with people who dont really care. cheers

Jason
the order was made by a my missus Olivia tulloch, from the warana store. if you can sort this out then that would be great. and ill remove my youtube vid

Super A-Mart
Thanks Jason. I will work out how we can get you a new bed ASAP. Thanks for the feedback and I will be in touch with you or Olivia tomorrow.

Jason
that would be great cheers

« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 03:08:56 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2012, 01:56:23 AM »
I bet the bed was perfect when you set it up, this all happened after you and the missus christened it. Come on now, tell the truth you stud you.  &&
That's why you needed a new bed in the first place, because the last one fell to pieces due to all the horizontal movement stress.   ()

All jokes aside, if this is one of their good beds I would hate to see their seconds.
I have heard other horror stories like this with new furniture from Amart.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline rocky_pinball

• Forum Posts:
  • ROOOOOOOOOOOOOCCKKKYYYYY BAAAAAAAABBBBOA
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2012, 01:58:04 AM »
"these people are retarded" hahahahahaha classic

Thanks for the heads up, with all of their big specials i was going to head down and pick up a new computer desk, i think i may have to search else where  %.%

looking forward to hearing the explanation of this one   <.>

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »
I bet the bed was perfect when you set it up, this all happened after you and the missus christened it. Come on now, tell the truth you stud you.  &&
That's why you needed a new bed in the first place, because the last one fell to pieces due to all the horizontal movement stress.   ()

All jokes aside, if this is one of their good beds I would hate to see their seconds.
I have heard other horror stories like this with new furniture from Amart.

ahahaha mate thats the bit that pisses me off the most, i was looking forward to the excuse for a doing the dirty biz lol, these corporations dont relise how much they f-ck peoples sex life lol, i edited the post above beaky and included the conversation with amart on their face book page lol.
do they have a seconds line??? holly shit this bed wouldnt even make good as a dog bed as one of their top line beds, ahahaha, well if any one likes this bed you might get a chance to buy it as a second in the shop Thursday ahahaha.

usually i would be extremely pissed off by buying something like this and getting ripped off, but i got ripped off so bad i just cant stop laughing about how roooted this thing is, even typing the posts to amart i couldn't stop laughing, my missus was swearing and going off her chops when we opened this box up to reveal that shit, but i just dropped to the floor laughing and pointing, it is very funny.

i know this isnt pinball related but i thought you guys would get a good laugh at the shit these shops sell. wonder how many people would just try and essemble this shit and try and make a bed from it? lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:13:51 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 09:27:42 AM »
Amart sucks...very very ordinary, right up there with Harvey Norman, that place blows chunks too.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2012, 12:16:42 PM »
Amart sucks...very very ordinary, right up there with Harvey Norman, that place blows chunks too.

i love the term blowing chunks, i use that all the time, you managed to use that in that sentence perfectly cowcorner lol nice  ^^^

well its amazing how quickly things get done when you post a youtube clip of your pile of rotten wood on their facebook page, lol. turns out the person who runs their facebook page is the top dog of all their stores in Aus,as the business Facebook page is linked to your person account any new posts show up when you are online, hence why i got reply straight away lol, and we got a phone call from them about 20 mins ago saying they are sending a new bed from Brisbane today. we aren't dealing with the store we got it from, and the headoffice is dealing with the problem. hopefully i get something that reasembles that bed on the first post lol. anyways the head guys are better to deal with than the actual store them selves, to the thread about whats the atraction to Facebook? well it saved me about 10 hours of waiting inline on a phone trying to get in touch with the person i got from facebook lol. least they when they see a pile of rotten wood on a youtube vid they take that serious,

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2012, 10:16:47 PM »
well, a private courier arrived tonight, and bingo a new bed arrived, wow, gotta say im impressed.
first one was made of shit as shown above new bed rock solid and actually not too bad quality, its square and wood is good, the construction inside is completely different, which i cant understand how, but thats good. lol i didnt hold much hope for a replacement let alone it being decent lol. its amazing when these big companies actually want to get shit done quickly they can. ill post pics if it looks like picture in their catalogue lol
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 10:18:32 PM by Olivia_jason »