Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 31206 times)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2012, 11:22:04 PM »
I seriously don't think any collector/player can actually pass any judgement/opinions on acdc until they have played it for at least an hour or so...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2012, 11:24:32 PM »
good point.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2012, 11:28:25 PM »
Most people will be buying this sight unseen and unplayed until unwrapped in their home, distorts the argument a bit me thinks.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2012, 11:34:00 PM »
I am glad i dont play tennis with u Daz, or u might return serve and hit me in the nuts with your return.    me thinks Leon meant any negative opinion.lol til u play it for a while.

u guys can debate it over 10 alcoholic drinks when Leon beats u on a game of doubles at my joint.lol 

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2012, 11:51:22 PM »
Pete, we will convert Daz yet.lol   Free beer, bourban and women for every AC/DC game played.

you must be excited Pete to see the cool backglasses. very nice indeed.  looking forward to seeing you open your LE.  Xmas will have come early !  ^^^ ^^^

Brett I'm soooooo frigin excited I can't wait and I love the back in black BG and can't wait for more LE pics oh and I really enjoyed your videos and posts on the new game, I've decided to play whole lot of Rosie for the first song on the first game I play after the un boxing

Peter
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 11:53:07 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2012, 11:51:47 PM »
if you did not get in at day one of the release you have missed out on the LE's,sorry.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2012, 11:54:45 PM »
first song has got to be 'back in black'
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2012, 02:47:20 PM »
Lets just wait and see the reviews from the 100 plus australian LE AC/Dc owners/collectors later in the year, me thinks 100% of them will be very happy with there nine grand limited editions.

I doubt very few of the BIB or LTBR will ever be traded, time will tell I guess...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »
I am sure the Premium and the LE's will be streets and streets ahead of the pro...I am looking forward to seeing what they are like and if like some of the recent Stern LE's etc are anything to go by I think they will be fanstastic, a great investment and will surely grow in value in years to come. I can certianly understand some fans who are buying two LE'S one to play and one to keep in the box.
My beef is with the pro, I haven't seen the other models yet so I won't comment until then.

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2012, 03:39:57 PM »
Ordered 2 AC/DC Pro for a launch party/tournament here in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, February 25. So Stern has 10 in North America, 2 in Canada, Toronto, & Halifax. I'm trying to build pinball in my area with a monthly league, & now a launch.

The launch party is at one of our best hotels, should be lots of fun, & allowing multiple plays on the 2 pins.

http://sternpinball.com/

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-community-events-AC-DC-Halifax-Pinball-Launch-Party-Westin-Nova-Scotia-Hotel-W0QQAdIdZ350956783

http://greatpinball.com/
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

I doubt very few of the BIB or LTBR will ever be traded, time will tell I guess...

Pins get sold all the time, Spidy blacks, LOTR LE's
no matter how awesome the game is, some people like to turn over their games

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2012, 07:01:02 PM »
Well done greatwichjohn on your release party for the AC/DC  ^^^  I know it will go well for you and you shld be commended for putting something back into pinball to grow the pinball interest in your part of the world. Positive marketing always brings positive results. Well done mate.  ^^^

The great thing about the 2 different models of the AC/DC machine (Pro versus Premium/LE models) is that they really are going to be 2 x very different games to play.
If I am right, the Pro model will be the faster model, and the other LE design, will be the game with a few more shots, the small underground playfield and the bling bling. Sometimes LE doesnt neccessarily mean a better game. (Although the LE/Premium models in this case I think will be worth every cent extra that they are priced at).

I played the Pro version and the LE version of Transformers. and IMHO I found the Pro Transformers was a better game for me. Why, it was faster, and the the LE was slower. The bling on the LE was very nice, but I couldnt justify the extra $2250.  IF Stern keeps to the 200 and 300 LE models of AC/DC, and the game is rated as well as the Pro AC/DC, watch the resale prices climb. If it turns out the LE models look the part, but it turns out that the gameplay is a little slow, or if some feel there is something quirky/not great about the LE design, the LE will still keep its value, because it is such a short run, and the artwork package, with the music, will still be a great pin no matter what. (if the LE version plays even faster than the Pro model, wow, this will be the best of the best)  ^^^

Something I have been wondering about, is if STERN will do the following for AC/DC, in the next 6 months, which i reckon would be really welcomed by the Public >>>  !@#

Pro model - unlimited run whilst orders keep coming in.
Premium Model - unlimited run whilst orders keep coming in
LE Back in Black - sold out
Let there be Rock - sold out

Pro LE model - a small numbered run of a modified Pro model which just stays the same as the first Pro ,but bling added, signed playfield, modified backglass, small art change
Premium LE model - a small numbered run of modified Premium models, again with a few specific changes, made to sell extra units, by making a special Premium short run

There are so many marketing opportunities that Stern could make, and I think different versions of the Pro and Premium would be lapped up by the public.
Does anyone else on here think a modified short run of the Pro and Premium would be a successful idea. Would u guys like to see that happen ?  !@#
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:02:09 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
Well done greatwichjohn on your release party for the AC/DC  ^^^  I know it will go well for you and you shld be commended for putting something back into pinball to grow the pinball interest in your part of the world. Positive marketing always brings positive results. Well done mate.  ^^^

The great thing about the 2 different models of the AC/DC machine (Pro versus Premium/LE models) is that they really are going to be 2 x very different games to play.
If I am right, the Pro model will be the faster model, and the other LE design, will be the game with a few more shots, the small underground playfield and the bling bling. Sometimes LE doesnt neccessarily mean a better game. (Although the LE/Premium models in this case I think will be worth every cent extra that they are priced at).

I played the Pro version and the LE version of Transformers. and IMHO I found the Pro Transformers was a better game for me. Why, it was faster, and the the LE was slower. The bling on the LE was very nice, but I couldnt justify the extra $2250.  IF Stern keeps to the 200 and 300 LE models of AC/DC, and the game is rated as well as the Pro AC/DC, watch the resale prices climb. If it turns out the LE models look the part, but it turns out that the gameplay is a little slow, or if some feel there is something quirky/not great about the LE design, the LE will still keep its value, because it is such a short run, and the artwork package, with the music, will still be a great pin no matter what. (if the LE version plays even faster than the Pro model, wow, this will be the best of the best)  ^^^

Something I have been wondering about, is if STERN will do the following for AC/DC, in the next 6 months, which i reckon would be really welcomed by the Public >>>  !@#

Pro model - unlimited run whilst orders keep coming in.
Premium Model - unlimited run whilst orders keep coming in
LE Back in Black - sold out
Let there be Rock - sold out

Pro LE model - a small numbered run of a modified Pro model which just stays the same as the first Pro ,but bling added, signed playfield, modified backglass, small art change
Premium LE model - a small numbered run of modified Premium models, again with a few specific changes, made to sell extra units, by making a special Premium short run

There are so many marketing opportunities that Stern could make, and I think different versions of the Pro and Premium would be lapped up by the public.
Does anyone else on here think a modified short run of the Pro and Premium would be a successful idea. Would u guys like to see that happen ?  !@#

In all honesty, im kinda tired of the whole ACDC pin thing already... this version.. that version etc. Most people are buying it cos its ACDC and therefore has an Australian band as its theme. I saw ACDC some 30 years ago.. they were OK if 3hrs late to come on stage. Good luck to those who have purchased... best of luck to those who have laid down some serious money for something thats unseen... holy cow, i hope it lives up to your expectations.
Bottom line is that its out.. it has a soundtrack youve all heard many many times, it is friggin ugly with that bloody face... title alone sells this pin and its fast and flowing cos of the lack of toys cluttering up the PF... thank god ACDC wanted serious coin for the rights.
Personally, i care very little for the machine and honestly think the whole LE,PRO, STD, Sweaty shirt version, VB version or whatever is a bloody joke... maybe the flippers will be like BTDK and its nigh on impossible to lose a ball... ive even walked away mid ball on that game... yawn yawn.
PLUS!!!.... does it have drop targets??? And if so why arent they Marshall stacks that you knock down?

Im with Cow on this one...

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2012, 09:55:08 PM »
I just want a Midnight Oil pin...not too much to ask for I don't think...would be a better pin and as far as musicians go...... it's chalk an cheese...Oils Rule!

I am there right next to you on that  ^^^

It will never happen mate,just keep that feeling...we all know that they were the best live band aus has ever produced......I have seen them all and the oils at their peak were fking amazing...25+ shows for me easy..the most brilliant and unpredicatable band ever....I would not be playing guitar today without them.
I owe Martin and Jim sooooo much!!!
OILS!!!!!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #119 on: February 07, 2012, 02:45:23 PM »
Anymore pictures around?

Peter