Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30839 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2012, 01:41:51 PM »
The playfield on the LE models look so close to the pro model, I had to look twice. Perhaps they could have incorporated more blue/chrome onto the LE Back in Black, to give the machine a different look n feel. A few subtle things could have made a big difference, and then done something similar with the LE LTB Rock model.

Another thing they could have taken from Transformers LE was to change the leg colours on the different LE models, again to make them more visually different.
Perhaps some might look at doing that with a spare set of legs to make some bling/mods.

The lower playfield on the LE was obviously changed due to early criticism of the Angus Head on the Pro. The fact remains that in person, the head on the Pro looks really good, and fits really well with the machine. Most people have commented that the head isnt as big a deal, as first thought, myself included.
The LE lower playfield looks bland compared to the Pro's playfield which I find dissapointing. Maybe its better in person as well. ? there is not much going on down there either. Like the lower PF on CONGO, its more of a gimmick/game interuptor/sidetrack to normal gameplay, but offers nothing huge.?

We just need the video now of the LE in action. It wont be huge compared to the Pro, but the use of the scoring/game rules with the lower PF/dot matrix displays shld be interesting.
Does anyone else think the LE could have been more different to make it a different feeling game for the extra $$. I ask this cause I hope the next Stern title will bring out a LE which feels/looks more radically different.   
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:18:11 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »
As for design can see:

- a bike diverter on the left side I thinking linking to a SS ramp thing across the playfield to the flame tunnel

I think you'll find that is two cannons crossed not a push bike

Your right, it was early when I posted - quick glance and just thought of one of those penny farthing things.

As for the flame boy in the lower playfield wonder if the light rectangles will change colours - you would think they could at least screen print some sort of eye graphic over it with todays tech....

With all respect Cavey I had to have a little laugh as you sounded a little bummed about the LE - almost $3k for not much more, but it is a LE  %.% %.% %.%. I do understand though compared to what the WOZ sounds like it is going to have - various quality toys / features with the LE's just a little more $ because it is blinged up. I am sure the guys getting a LE especially a BIBLE will be stoked. I think the guys getting a Premium get a great deal really.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 02:20:04 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2012, 02:11:26 PM »
the inserts have apparently multi-colour changing leds in them.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2012, 02:15:25 PM »
Well I was right all along

I rember posting that the lower playfield of the LE would be in flames!!!!!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2012, 02:41:21 PM »
your on fire mate ! (can the jokes get any worse.lol)

i have a burning desire to play a ac/dc pinny.  @.@

where the hell is my machine  @.@

"what did the ac/dc pinball say to its owner after a 2 hour marathon game ?" >> "you shook me all night long" (boom boom)  @.@ @.@  &^& &^&

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2012, 02:46:53 PM »
Just looked at the pics on sterns web site,

I don't like the look of the flames in the lower playfield on the LE's, that's just my opinion YUK!!!

It looks to me that they were going to put the big angus face in the lower playfield BUT then changed their minds !@#, the inserts still look like a face???

The train however does looks awesome, big improvement from the train on the pro version.

I have to agree with Brett, I'm strugling to see the extra value of $3,250 in the limited edition model vs the pro edition???
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2012, 05:27:48 PM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:15:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #292 on: March 03, 2012, 05:30:25 PM »
In regards to the lower PF by memory there's color changing LEDs so that may light up in all different colors hi lighting the flames but we will see! Extra 3k I'm very happy I went the LE no problem there just get them here Gary :-)

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #293 on: March 03, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
hint hint

But you would like to see the prices come down on the next Stern LE's titles/releases wouldnt you Peter ?  && &&

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #294 on: March 03, 2012, 05:51:35 PM »
Swinksy, to be honest with you, I am a bit dissapointed with Stern. I mean, I want to be positive about everything in pinball. I want Stern to produce machines, I am grateful they produce machines, I have recognition that they have the talents and man power, innovation and skills to make new pinball machines, but there are a few things, that if i was to be brutally honest about, there are a few things which piss me off, and should piss off alot of other people as well.

The LE models, and the way Stern is doing it is a blatant money grab, which is in no way value for money at all to the end consumer. I want to sit down one day and have a coffee with Gary Stern when I visit his Stern factory in the next 12 months cause thats something i would like to do, but I have to also be honest by making some direct and honest opinions that I cant seem to just shake. Having said that, I still love Stern/the company/the people, but i just think that the customer is mostly right, and the honest feedback is what is best.

On the Transformers LE, its a $8250 machine, compared with the $6350 Pro. (and these prices are current, without further discounts which may or not be available via Aust Stern agents because of the aust dollar. That means you are getting a Pro for $1900 less than a LE, or a LE for $1900 more than the Pro. Given a shaker motor comes with the LE, and its a $220 item, the real difference is $1680, lets say $1700. On the LE Transformers, I just couldnt justify the $ difference, after playing both.
So, u buy the Pro and save the money if u feel the same. But my argument, is that perhaps there shld just be a machine, that has what the LE has, to start with. If u called it a $1000 difference, u MIGHT just argue the side armour, different paint, different lockdown bar, and a few small playfield changes are worth the grand. BUT $1700, no way. Its just not value for money in my honest opinion.

Then u get to the AC/DC pins, and the LE difference in price jumps to $3250. Thats double of the Transformers LE price variance, for again, what.?
How can the difference in pricing now be doubled. There were 500 LE Transformers made, there are 500 total AC/DC LE made. Why a pro-rata price jump of almost another $1700 on top of the already upmarked $1700. This is NOT value for money in anyway shape or form.

Some people would say that the PRO version of a Stern pinny, has the absolute, or less than absolute basics, compared to say the 1996 to 1998 models of Segas/late Data Easts etc etc. Even the LE models still dont have the same mechanicals and toys of the early to mid 90's machines. So why pay thousands of dollars extra, for machines, that even in LE form, arent up to the features of machines from the nineties. When u have 35 machines , all dmd machines to compare to, its a sobering realistic truth that Stern still has to lift its game ALOT for the $$ they are charging. The current games, need more mechanical toys n more features to be valued as good as the late 90's stuff in my opinion.
My honest feedback to Stern, or Stern's Aust agents, is that they need to pass on what I have said, back to Stern USA, because, the $3250 price jump, compared to the Pro, is absurd. How can it be justified to have doubled between the transformers LE and the AC/DC Le pro-rata.?
If u have bought a LE AC/DC, and u feel that the pricing is high ($9250 is alot of money in anyones book) I say u shld give feedback to Stern, and say whilst u are happy with the machine, in future, u feel that the pricing difference, and subsequest massive price hike is not acceptable on the next model. If u dont, expect to keep paying through the nose, for a LE model, that u have to order sight unseen, which again, is madness.

I just think the pricing is absurdly too high in Australia. Unless people complain/give feedback, it will stay too high for the next LE models.
Also, when u look at the prices in the USA, even when u work out the shipping costs to Australia, pro-rata, again, our LE models are at least $1,600 more, take away shipping, and its still $1000 minimum on top of the USA prices. Something isnt right. The Stern guys in Australia should make profit, but the figures dont add up and are too high pro-rata no matter how u look at it.
I will pen a email to Stern and give my feedback, whether it does anygood or not, I dont know, but someone needs to ask why the massive price jump ontop of the Transformers LE. Otherwise, we are destined for outrageously priced Sterns for the future.(and yes, its only my opinion, so it doesnt mean i am right or wrong on the issue, its just an opinion).  ^^^

Brett your forgetting in the early 90's NIB pinballs where around 8.5 k so twenty years later we are doing ok I reckon
And there's license costs so I bought one and I'm happy
Peter
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:57:11 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #295 on: March 03, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »
The Transformers LE's 1-35 were $8750...extra $300 for designers signature

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #296 on: March 03, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 08:19:44 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #297 on: March 03, 2012, 07:20:41 PM »
on the next LE, if they charge the same hiked $$, compared to a Pro at $5950,

for the extra $3,250 you pay/get

*$1000 extra - for a different translite
*$1000 extra - for side armour n lockdown bar paint
*$1000 extra - for half a dozen small playfield add ons
$250 shaker motor (which is fine)

* value for money, NOT

Ok, end of LE pricing complaints from me.  ^^^

* dont mind me today, I am just in a complaining mood.  @.@

Good Now stop complaining ha ha

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #298 on: March 03, 2012, 07:24:45 PM »
the impatience of waiting for my PRO to turn up is giving me the shits.lol   @.@  %.% %.%

unfortunately, the yanks have to be all the way over the other side of the bloody world. a tad inconvenient.  &^&  %.%

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #299 on: March 03, 2012, 08:38:24 PM »
Hey Cavey whens your Transformers coming (I know off topic, but may ease the pain) - played the Transformers LE that was in Norberts office today in downtown Belmont - great game, seems like a deep rule set.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts