Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30583 times)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2012, 06:49:58 PM »
Far out, I only had to put up $1000 on my NIB Sterns

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2012, 08:19:45 PM »
Without meaning to sound facetious, or be negative towards the up and coming ACDC pinball.. but $7250 up front sounds very like the total cost an ACDC LE before a comission is charged... and its unseen???... I cant get my head around that   !@#
Deposits are normally unrefundable and given to prove that you will honour the final transaction... if you dont.. deposit gone, and thankyou, you covered my costs ( somewhat). 30 - 50% is the norm depending on the job... can honestly say, ive never charged more than 30%.. even on a $50K job

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »
all deposits are refundable unless stated in writing to the contrary, I believe.  thats fair given people were placing deposits down on unseen items (Premium and LE)

the waiting list for a LE is huge so Punter shld have no problem shld he decide to cancel.  ** he could swap his LE to a PRO and he would still have a excellent machine, then he could put the $3300 saving towards half the cost of another new in Box. that was my thinking when I went for a Pro.

Dont under estimate just how good the Pro really is.
that could be a great compromise. seriously Punter, play a Pro matey, its a cracker of a game and u can add some Leds easily and have a beauty of a acca dacca pin. best of both worlds.  find a Pro to give a really good work out on.  ^^^  we dont want to see u acca dacca orphaned.lol  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2012, 11:08:55 PM »
I just never liked the fact that they want a large deposit and it's not refundable as they keep it and you can use it against another machine - the main reason that I will never buy a machine unseen / played.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #379 on: March 10, 2012, 11:23:05 PM »
Who said its not refundable.?  It hasnt been the dealings I have had with AMD. Bruce is a top bloke, one of the straightest, honest blokes u could ever meet.

I think its fair to say they want to sell pinnys to people not force them on people. I think with fifty people wanting a LE, it wont be a issue for Punter to move it sideways and get the money back. I still hopes he looks at the Pro.  Still a great pinny.

Lesson here for anyone buying a BNIB from anyone anywhere, is to check and ask for payment/cancellation terms verbally at least, or in writing via email.

It might even pay for Punter to keep it BNIB and make some extra $$ on it for those who want one in the coming 3 to 6 months. Might even make a profit !  &&

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #380 on: March 10, 2012, 11:56:28 PM »
I nearly went for a Transformers LE when it was close to there first release and they asked for a deposit to secure the machine. Because no images were released at that stage, I asked once it comes in and I had a game and checked it - if I didn't like it could I get my $2500 deposit back - answer was no but you could use against another purchase in the future.

That isn't a refund.

Hopefully AMD have another interested buyer to relieve punter but if not he will then have to pay more to take the machine or leave the machine there as well as the large deposit. Not everyone can afford the risk of that much money being tied up and I bet the machine would sell quickly but money be still tied up - guarantees a purchase from punter in the future, which I know is business but don't agree with it.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2012, 01:42:47 AM »
If someone told me the machine was not refundable if I didnt like it, i wouldnt put a deposit down at all.
Not refundable is poor form, UNLESS they have specially ordered the machine for you, which is then acceptable, but only if agreed upon first, and in writing.

It doesnt pay to place a deposit on a "unreleased mystery bag" then does it. Thats why i flew to Sydney ($220 return flight from the Gold Coast plus $40 in taxis etc) and played the Pro before handing over my hard earned cash $$$.

Having to guess what Sterns or JJP's next title is with a big depost not being refundable is bullshit. Stern releasing limited numbers (200 only) forces people to pay big $$ and take a risk which sux. Personally, I dont think any LE is value for money, compared to a Pro AT all.
 If it was a widebody, with heaps n heaps of extras, u might MIGHT argue the $2500 to $3300 difference, but i cant see the value AT ALL.  The lesson, dont buy into the hype literally on a LE release, unless u have $$$$ to burn. You get fark all for the $3300, so just buy a Pro, and win everytime.

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #382 on: March 11, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
I recieved an email from Bruce who is overseas at the moment.He said his staff at AMD will contact me and i will be given a full refund asap.In all my dealings with Bruce i found him to be a very good person to deal with and i am happy this has been sorted out.I may buy from him in the future or it could be JJ but whoever that is no way will i ever pay up front again for a machine,i will wait and see the finished product before any purchase.Hey Brett i have played the Pro version at AMD and as i put in a post i thought it was a very nice machine,excellent sound ect,but the reason i ordered the LE version was because i like drop targets and was thinking with all the so called extras this would suit me better.I do agree with you on the price difference between the Pro and LE versions as i cannot see why it is so much,if we had been given some high end add ons ect i may have thought differently.I may have made the wrong call by not bringing it home and maybe trying to make a profit later  but i may have given someone else a chance to buy.Maybe i am a hard marker when it comes to a pin but i feel i have made the right call here.To all the other Premium and LE buyers i hope you have a blast playing this game and i am looking forward to seeing some of your vids.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2012, 10:03:08 AM »
Well done !
Bruce will have no worries in moving this one on .
I wonder if his call would of been the same if it wasn't a hot potato.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2012, 11:44:36 AM »
Well done !
Bruce will have no worries in moving this one on .
I wonder if his call would of been the same if it wasn't a hot potato.
+1 i was going to put that in my post but i thought no i will just leave it alone,but since you made that comment i agree that if it was going to be a hard one to find another buyer would the response have been the same,that question can only be answered by Bruce i suppose.

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »
Id say it would have been... over $7K isnt a deposit, its all funds up front and to then keep said money and sell machine again is below most people. I havent dealt with Bruce but a good reputation preceeds any dealings i may have.

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »
I suppose us WoZ owners cannot complain
We all (should have) paid in full last year, still no pictures of finished product, nor have we played test versions, or have a definite delvery date  @.@

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2012, 12:10:06 PM »
We all (should have) paid in full last year, still no pictures of finished product, nor have we played test versions, or have a definite delvery date  @.@

I cannot think of any other industry, product or service other than pinball where this would be possible

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #388 on: March 11, 2012, 02:02:43 PM »
We all (should have) paid in full last year, still no pictures of finished product, nor have we played test versions, or have a definite delvery date  @.@

Same went for BBB, and we really had to pray they would get done. At least with Stern you can be fairly confident that the product will come. WoZ is pretty much the same risk as BBB I suppose.

As for a deposit, Gav defines it perfectly "given to prove that you will honour the final transaction", it's exactly the legal definition. They are generally not refundable (despite some comments here) unless agreed.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #389 on: March 11, 2012, 03:37:36 PM »
It's a shame the LE has become a negitive topic I'm still positive about the finished product and am sure Steve will get it right.

Peter