Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30371 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2012, 02:09:02 PM »
Looks great. I wonder if the bell will hit the playfield glass when swinging up so high ? Maybe its because the guy shot the ball by hand so hard it almost went the whole way around. What do u guys think of the band people moving left n right on the back right cnr picture/stand up ?  !@#

Premium/LE playfield is looking great. I wonder if anyone in Aust or the USA will end up buying a Pro and a Premium/LE or are the machines too close to have the different ones sitting side by side ?  Thanks for the videos guys. The ac/dc machines are looking great.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #451 on: March 18, 2012, 02:46:29 PM »
Looks great. I wonder if the bell will hit the playfield glass when swinging up so high ? Maybe its because the guy shot the ball by hand so hard it almost went the whole way around. What do u guys think of the band people moving left n right on the back right cnr picture/stand up ?  !@#

Premium/LE playfield is looking great. I wonder if anyone in Aust or the USA will end up buying a Pro and a Premium/LE or are the machines too close to have the different ones sitting side by side ?  Thanks for the videos guys. The ac/dc machines are looking great.

Me and the kids said that Brett about the bell its looks like it will just miss the glass %.% the band in corner well that was my first disappointment when I first saw that, it looks cheap and doesn't really do alot but I'm wrapped its still very fast like the pro.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #452 on: March 18, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »
Pete, a mini puppet show happening with the band.lol  It sort of makes u laugh cause it looks a bit of a comedy/funny situation with them grooving away. I dont mind it cause its different.lol   I could say its added something funny to the playfield so its alright, in that its at least fun.

The bell would have to miss the glass, surely. Dont the bright LEDS look T'riffic. Cant wait to see the Premium playfield etc in the flesh.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #453 on: March 18, 2012, 02:58:53 PM »

AC/DC buyers will find that they focus on the things they love about the game, your brain will ignore the dodgy bits

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #454 on: March 18, 2012, 03:07:41 PM »
Pete, a mini puppet show happening with the band.lol  It sort of makes u laugh cause it looks a bit of a comedy/funny situation with them grooving away. I dont mind it cause its different.lol   I could say its added something funny to the playfield so its alright, in that its at least fun.

The bell would have to miss the glass, surely. Dont the bright LEDS look T'riffic. Cant wait to see the Premium playfield etc in the flesh.

The band in a weird way reminds me of the party zone dude that dances and shakes and all almost all have a limb missing lol but maybe that's just me. Overall i love it and am very keen to get mine.

Peter

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #455 on: March 18, 2012, 04:30:12 PM »
Yes them LEDs are popping , about the band as long as there Moving with the beat it's all good , I was told from a mate in the US that acdc is not  a wanted title  by the operators , and it has no Interest by the local public .

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #456 on: March 18, 2012, 07:04:01 PM »
thank goodness us Aussies like them!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #457 on: March 18, 2012, 08:28:02 PM »
I got a email from a friend who lives in Texas and collects pinnys. He belongs to a local pinball club/forum and said that he has ordered a Premium, as have a few of his friends, and that a few guys had also ordered the Pro, and he thought it was selling really well for both collectors and local operators who were placing AC/DC into bars/local businesses. Maybe different areas have different results. ?

It would be nice if Stern kept/shared real figures of machines sold. You could then determine the health of a title, from one release to the next etc.
I also noticed Stern is currently exporting machines to 30 countries (list below). I wonder how many machines really do go to each country ?  !@#

http://www.sternpinball.com/Buy/International.aspx

There is around 60 USA dealers as well.

http://www.sternpinball.com/Buy/Commercial.aspx

We know the 500 LE machines have been sold. Would u get another 300 Pro, and another 300 Premiums sold for all of these dealers in the USA and overseas.
Thats 5 machines per USA dealer and 5 machines per overseas dealer on top of the LE sales.. I reckon that is easily achievable.
That makes it 1100 units at bare minimum numbers. I think alot of dealers sell 20 times that small (x5) amount. Perhaps AC/DC will sell a few thosand then ? Hard to really know ?  !@#  ^^^

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #458 on: March 18, 2012, 08:48:54 PM »
Id say Stern have a market that is completely polarised with its tastes.

Chances are that where ACDC has had weak response.... Big Buck Hunter probably did well

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #459 on: March 18, 2012, 10:35:29 PM »
Yes them LEDs are popping , about the band as long as there Moving with the beat it's all good , I was told from a mate in the US that acdc is not  a wanted title  by the operators , and it has no Interest by the local public .

doesnt surprise me
guess they are still waiting for the Micky Jackson,pin !@#

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #460 on: March 18, 2012, 10:54:45 PM »
Of the Stern Titles
RS for the UK
ACDC for OZ
Elvis US

Have I missed any ? !@#

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #461 on: March 19, 2012, 08:10:25 AM »
Looking Good ,

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #462 on: March 19, 2012, 11:50:50 AM »
   !@#   What do u guys think of getting a PRO AC/DC and powdercoating the legs, backbox hinges and lockdown bar to the same fire engine RED as the Premium, just to add that extra bling after adding the mirror blades, full LED kit, and a topper with flashing Leds in it.

A hybrid PRO of sorts. What ya reckon ? OR just make the std black stuff all mirror finish chrome instead ? ya have to look at the std Pro to get an idea of what the bling upgrade would do !  !@#

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #463 on: March 19, 2012, 12:16:49 PM »
   !@#   What do u guys think of getting a PRO AC/DC and powdercoating the legs, backbox hinges and lockdown bar to the same fire engine RED as the Premium, just to add that extra bling after adding the mirror blades, full LED kit, and a topper with flashing Leds in it.

A hybrid PRO of sorts. What ya reckon ? OR just make the std black stuff all mirror finish chrome instead ? ya have to look at the std Pro to get an idea of what the bling upgrade would do !  !@#

I reckon it would look great Brett somehow the AC/DC pinball tells me it can handle some mods and upgrades I reckon go for it.

Gee the lower PF looks very fast hey?

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #464 on: March 20, 2012, 12:06:33 AM »
The lower playfield in that video is fast.
It will be good to hear the speech coming from "hell" as steve ritchie puts it.
I am waiting with eagerness to see how the scoring is worked out for the lower playfield, and if the lower PF kicks in randomly or if u have to work hard to get it going ?

?? any news from stern/everywhere re the LE has gone very VERY quiet.

!@# ?? Anyone heard or seen anything new.  Anyone spoken with Bruce or Joe about any AC/DC updates/news ??  !@#