Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30182 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #525 on: April 01, 2012, 05:12:40 PM »
The wife's started to buy me some posters for the un-boxing come on bogans stand tall $#$

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #526 on: April 01, 2012, 07:55:08 PM »
AWESOME NEWS

check out the following thread

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=8185.new#new

in about 1 months time comp N0:2 will have the AC/DC Premium as the lauch machine within a week of arriving in Aus (Newcastle / Central Coast / Sydney area). This is big as this will be a early chance to test play and compete.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #527 on: April 01, 2012, 08:11:46 PM »
great news about the ac/dc premium swinksy.  ^^^

ALSO FOR ALL OTHER AP MEMBERS,

!@# are u a member of the STERN site ? by joining, u get emails n photos n updates sent to u by email which is where i get alot of photos/news from.

just go to www.sternpinball.com which you probably go to anyway, but by being a member u get all different good stuff and their newsletter / regular emails etc.  just in case u guys weren't members of the site/newsletter club, i thought i would mention it.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #528 on: April 01, 2012, 08:27:41 PM »
AC/DC MODS FOR A PRO MACHINE !

I had a few ideas to add some mods to a AC/DC Pro. I am not sure I will add all the mods but a likely list is below >

*mirror blades
*LEDS
*powder coat legs n lockdown bar fire engine red OR mirror chrome with the siderails n backbox hinges included
* add a custom topper which incl flashing lights hooked up to the flasher circuit on the machine
*replace the cannon plastic with a custom chrome cover and add a red LED/flasher (hooked into the exsisting red flasher) then add the new red flasher to the rear of the cannon.
*get AC/DC and lightning bolts laser cut into the legs and add a flash lamp(s) behind the cutouts
*pinball.life custom starpost flasher kits for the slingshot area plus custom flashing flipper buttons from pinball.life
*cointaker backbox flasher kit designed for the AC/DC Pro which is $169 plus postage ( a bit expensive so i will make my own here)

I know some people like a machine stock as a rock, and adding too much bling is going too far, but its just a few ideas at this stage.

ANYONE ELSE got any potential mods for the PRO ?  !@#

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 08:30:49 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #529 on: April 01, 2012, 08:46:35 PM »
With the mods Cavey - sounds good, but go for a set of side rails with the armour style to protect your decals, and be careful with the cut out in the legs. The legs are reasonable thick steel but if the cut out is to big you could weaken the legs - especially if you or someone else gets into some serious nudging. I would be more inclined to laser cut some lightening bolts and silicon them to the legs if you want to go that way.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #530 on: April 01, 2012, 10:09:27 PM »
I have been reading a few older posts about  box opening partys, taking photos, taping etc, i can tell you i couldn"t be bothered! i' am going to rip open the box  and play it! After all its only a game.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #531 on: April 02, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »
Under Cabinet / top of head box Light kits .
PDI glass

AC/DC MODS FOR A PRO MACHINE !

I had a few ideas to add some mods to a AC/DC Pro. I am not sure I will add all the mods but a likely list is below >

*mirror blades
*LEDS
*powder coat legs n lockdown bar fire engine red OR mirror chrome with the siderails n backbox hinges included

* add a custom topper which incl flashing lights hooked up to the flasher circuit on the machine
*replace the cannon plastic with a custom chrome cover and add a red LED/flasher (hooked into the exsisting red flasher) then add the new red flasher to the rear of the cannon.
*get AC/DC and lightning bolts laser cut into the legs and add a flash lamp(s) behind the cutouts
*pinball.life custom starpost flasher kits for the slingshot area plus custom flashing flipper buttons from pinball.life
*cointaker backbox flasher kit designed for the AC/DC Pro which is $169 plus postage ( a bit expensive so i will make my own here)

I know some people like a machine stock as a rock, and adding too much bling is going too far, but its just a few ideas at this stage.

ANYONE ELSE got any potential mods for the PRO ?  !@#

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #532 on: April 02, 2012, 07:57:10 AM »
I have been reading a few older posts about  box opening partys, taking photos, taping etc, i can tell you i couldn"t be bothered! i' am going to rip open the box  and play it! After all its only a game.

Me to but there will be a couple of blokes watching on :) I'll tape it cause it's the first NIB for me lol

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #533 on: April 02, 2012, 12:40:14 PM »
I agree Pete, it doesnt hurt to take a video and share the fun of a new in box pinny being opened.  I reckon alot of members would enjoy seeing the different AC/DC models being opened and set up. A bit of magic also seeing it powered up for the first time in a home environment and seeing the first game being played !   ^^^

I reckon saving the brand new box, and opening it carefully wouldnt be a bad idea either. If I was ever buying a home use only Stern, and the owner had a minty machine plus the box it came in which was in great condition, I would probably pay a little extra etc. It definately shows a one owner machine if u can get the box etc.   ONLY a few more weeks and it will be a reality if the shipping containers arrive ontime ??  !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #534 on: April 02, 2012, 01:12:20 PM »
added this video because it is one of the better ones from marco spec of the premium playfield etc.

I REALLY LIKE THE BRIGHT RED SIDE RAILS etc, and this video shows just how fire engine/ferrari red the colour really is. It does look a little orangey in the brochures/web photos, but here it looks the goods for sure. (I am definately going to powder coat my legs n siderails n lockdown bar red for sure. it looks great !)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #535 on: April 02, 2012, 06:04:10 PM »
I agree Pete, it doesnt hurt to take a video and share the fun of a new in box pinny being opened.  I reckon alot of members would enjoy seeing the different AC/DC models being opened and set up. A bit of magic also seeing it powered up for the first time in a home environment and seeing the first game being played !   ^^^

I reckon saving the brand new box, and opening it carefully wouldnt be a bad idea either. If I was ever buying a home use only Stern, and the owner had a minty machine plus the box it came in which was in great condition, I would probably pay a little extra etc. It definately shows a one owner machine if u can get the box etc.   ONLY a few more weeks and it will be a reality if the shipping containers arrive ontime ??  !@#

Oh yes Brett I'll be keeping the box 100% that's part of buying a NIB and yep I will up load a video including picking it up lol

Peter

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #536 on: April 03, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »
I like the idea of the anti glare glass as a great mod for the BIBLE

or any NIB,for that matter

can get locally now,I believe   $350 per sheet ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #537 on: April 03, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
I find you dont have any glare on a machine from the DOT matrix dispaly if u stick to a few basic rules.
* keep the glass very clean and make sure you dont have any overhead lights directly above the machine, and if u do, make the bulb a very low wattage/or turn off the lights alltogether. The worst lights to have any where near a pinball are overhead neon tube square office style lights. The glare bouncing back into your eyes is dreadful and is a shocker to try n play a game with ofcourse.

I couldnt justify the $300 plus to buy anti glare PDI glass at all. I have never had a glare problem on any of my machines so I always wonder what the fuss is about. The new LCD displays are much higher up so I cant see that being a problem either. I wonder if the PDI glass JJP have used is more of a marketing trick to give Stern a run for their money. All these extra bits n pieces Stern and JJP will end up using may drive the prices up, even with competition.

HAS ANYONE HEARD an approx date for when the containers full of AC/DC machines will arrive for AMD in sydney ?  !@# !@# !@#

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #539 on: April 04, 2012, 02:04:34 PM »
Wife's still buying me stuff how cools this.