Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29757 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #645 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:55 PM »
Where's melbournes?

Peter

about 4 hours south of Sydney

Bugger lol I'm told we can get them tomorrow arvo

Peter

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #646 on: April 19, 2012, 06:41:57 PM »
One important thing to remember, is that the Australian dollar has gone from $1.12 USA and slipped back to $1.03 etc.
That $5950 price wont last 4 ever and will slowly creep back to the $6600 ish mark if the dollar keeps sliding.

Also, that sub 6 grand pricing also capitalises on the fact that all the machines are arriving in seafreight containers. When the orders go back to airfreight etc, the excellent short term $5950 pricing has to change back to the much higher pricing if my calculations are correct.

Not quite yet by the looks of it. Kids Just Wanna Have Fun have Avatar and Rolling Stones, NIB, available mid May for the same price of $5950 according to their FB update. I wonder what the price ( and title ) will be for the next new Stern. I think i need to go and play the AC/DC Pro again and see if i enjoy it as much second time round.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 06:44:49 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #647 on: April 19, 2012, 07:14:53 PM »
Correct. Joe ordered these Avatar/Tron etc machines over a month ago when the dollar was $1.12. I spoke to him then about a Avatar and he had done the deal on these extras to fill his container back 4 weeks ago. He got the last of those models before Stern shutdown other titles for all AC/DC production. Thats the only reason he can still advertise them for the lower price because he bought them back when the dollar was $1.12.

I get to pick my machine up Tomorrow morning from the Gold Coast depot, or I can wait for tomorrow arvo for a homne delivery.
I got a call from AMD late this arvo so that was great to hear it had already been sent and I got the tracking number etc. AMD did say that they have busted their butts to get every machine out for everyone to hopefully get for this weekend IF the trucking companies could deliver them/transport them on time. Kudos for AMD to going out of their way to try n make as many owners as happy as they could for a weekend delivery etc. Well done AMD and staff.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 07:20:00 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #648 on: April 19, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »
Correct. Joe ordered these Avatar/Tron etc machines over a month ago when the dollar was $1.12. I spoke to him then about a Avatar and he had done the deal on these extras to fill his container back 4 weeks ago. He got the last of those models before Stern shutdown other titles for all AC/DC production. Thats the only reason he can still advertise them for the lower price because he bought them back when the dollar was $1.12.

I get to pick my machine up Tomorrow morning from the Gold Coast depot, or I can wait for tomorrow arvo for a homne delivery.
I got a call from AMD late this arvo so that was great to hear it had already been sent and I got the tracking number etc. AMD did say that they have busted their butts to get every machine out for everyone to hopefully get for this weekend IF the trucking companies could deliver them/transport them on time. Kudos for AMD to going out of their way to try n make as many owners as happy as they could for a weekend delivery etc. Well done AMD and staff.

Well done Brett that's great your machine has arrived make sure you post heaps of pics

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #649 on: April 19, 2012, 08:32:14 PM »
Oh go pick it up.... transport company delivering SOMETIME Friday... invariably turns into Monday

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #650 on: April 19, 2012, 08:42:18 PM »
I think u are right Gav.  I dont fancy my chances of a friday arvo delivery.lol   All the goldcoast TNT employees will be thinking about hitting the beer or the beach around lunchtime i would reckon.lol

also, AMD started at the front of the 69 machines and just went hell for leather sending them out.     no-one got any preference, it didnt matter what u ordered, the pile got attacked from the front till there was only a few left. its all random as to who/where/when what machine gets delivered etc.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:47:41 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #651 on: April 19, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »
Trust Bruce to use TNT to transport the AC DC pinball nationwide  %.%

Well done to the AMD team to dispatch 69 pins in less than 4 days!!
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2012, 09:06:32 PM »
 ^&^

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2012, 09:19:54 PM »

There wont be any TRONs in the container and Im sure he wishes he got the rate of $1.12

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #654 on: April 19, 2012, 09:22:57 PM »
Fingers cross for no damages guys.
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #655 on: April 19, 2012, 09:26:59 PM »
The high aussie dollar didnt last long did it ?   

yeh, TNT is usually very good with its shipping, but i wouldnt sleep real good with a machine sitting at its depot all weekend, someone down there might take a shine to it and put it in their bar room instead of mine, hence me wanting to pick mine up.

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #656 on: April 19, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
it crossed my mind brett.i am informed no one has ever stolen one in delivery,but a few have got damaged.
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #657 on: April 19, 2012, 09:33:17 PM »
Best of luck to all those who are now chomping at the bit to receive the ACDC pinnie... i hope everything goes well for you all and that NONE of you have to wait till Monday.
AP will be quiet tomorrow night... too much flannel shirt flipper action happening!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #658 on: April 19, 2012, 09:35:24 PM »
i am dying to see my 2 yr old little champion Hunter dancing on the pinny when he hears the music.lol    it shld be a hoot to watch  %.%

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #659 on: April 19, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
+ 1 to the flannel shirt flipper action  %.% well said Gav
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.