Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29241 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #915 on: April 28, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
I had a great game of doubles this morning with my 11 year old daughter. She absolutely loves the new AC/DC pinny. The kids love the music.

One thing I noticed when my 11 year old daughter was playing, is alot of the really cool graphics on the dot matrix which you dont get to see yourself sometimes when u are playing. Because the game is so fast, u really have to keep your eye on the playfield alot.

I also like the fact you can really see all of the playfield when u are playing, there is not a inch of the playfield hidden on the PRO.
I also am looking forward to a game on the Premium or LE cause I reckon the lightshow and the different features will make it also a great pin.
I think a Premium sitting next to the PRO would look terriffic. The ultimate combo.lol

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #916 on: April 28, 2012, 02:21:56 PM »
Looks like there's an LE update available on the Stern website.

Peter

308walky

« Reply #917 on: April 28, 2012, 03:22:57 PM »
Hi All,
 Yesterday I put a deposit on a premium AC DC, Was told its about a month before delivery of the next batch , can't wait , should be awesome.
I think my 6 year old is looking forward to it more than me.
Decided i would put the shaker motor off until further notice.But is it worth getting the "Bling Balls"and if so who sells them
Thanks Matt

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #918 on: April 28, 2012, 03:32:21 PM »
Hi All,
 Yesterday I put a deposit on a premium AC DC, Was told its about a month before delivery of the next batch , can't wait , should be awesome.
Decided i would put the shaker motor off until further notice.But is it worth getting the "Bling Balls"and if so who sells them
Thanks Matt

CONGRATULATIONS. You and your family should have a great time with the new machine.

Shaker motor definately worth while when u are ready.  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #919 on: April 28, 2012, 03:37:50 PM »
Hi All,
Thanks Matt

My blings have already got dents in them from sharp edges around cannon metal bracket
Pinball shed in Qld has them

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #920 on: April 28, 2012, 03:47:44 PM »
Looks like there's an LE update available on the Stern website.

Peter

I counted almost 80 software upgrades. Will take a good 15 to 20 mins for all the gamecode to upload once USB stick placed in machine.
You will definately notice the differences.

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #921 on: April 28, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »
once the code is downloaded to say "documents" you can copy and then paste to the USB
and on another computer I could extract file to the USB

REPLAY
I think I understand what u are saying ? Are you saying you successfully changed the gamecode version 1.25 to 1.4 without converting the file with Winzip. Did u actually place the USB stick into the pinball machine and change the gamecode and follow all the instructions on the dot matrix and hit the service buttons as requested etc ? OR are u saying you just downloaded the file to your computer only. The only reason I am checking is so others dont get confused with the Stern procedure.

I can download the program very easily onto my desktop or onto a drive. I then dowmloaded to the USB stick and then placed into the Pinball machine. It would NOT work. So I went back, downloaded the Winzip file, then converted the file with Winzip then redownloaded to the USB, then it worked and downloaded into the machine.

The first 3 times I downloaded to the USB easily, but it wouldnt work in the game. I then rang AMD and they asked had i converted the file with the winzip program. Once i did that, the USB stick would then download into the machine properly.
Without converting the file with Winzip, it would just say something like "File not found" on the ACDC dotmatrix.

yeah mate,
I just upgraded the LE from 1.0 to 1.5 code

Downloaded 1.5 code to "documents"
then right clicked it from "documents"
selected "extract" and chose drive "F" (which the USB is plugged into)

pull it out of the computer and plug into the pin and away she goes, 20-30mins, all done!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #922 on: April 28, 2012, 05:54:17 PM »
Mines all updated it's even better now took 30 mins

Peter

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #923 on: April 28, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
heaps better audio and i think the graphics are better too

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #924 on: April 28, 2012, 08:26:59 PM »
Cannon fixed - 6 pieces of thick mylar 2cm x 2cm each  to base and left wall extending 1cm out both base and left wall and problem is fixed - looks neat as well

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #925 on: April 28, 2012, 08:30:09 PM »
There are no updates for the premium wonder if I can update with the LE software

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #926 on: April 28, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »
Sent a message of disappointment to Stern and had Gary respond. Been a week today, and while others enjoy their machines,mine sit idle.

Have you taken the machines back to the Stern dealer you purchased them from ?  If so, couldnt the Stern dealer have carried out the repairs by now, over the last one x week ?   It doesnt make sense to me contacting the USA when there is a perfect Australian Stern dealer located in both Melbourne and Sydney who have all the resources to fix both machines. Ther USA are only going to refer you to the local Stern agent anyway.

I would love to know what all these faults are and would like to see some photos, as I am sure others wouldnt mind either.
If anything, other ACDC owners can use the information and have it on file incase they have an issue.
Can u list the faults and take some photos ?
If you spent over 18K on 2 machines that were brand new and they didnt work you wouldnt bother sending a polite letter of disappointment to the manufacturer? I've done them a favour by spending 5 hours already repairing the machines. Unfortunately I dont have replacement boards or motors for the remaining issues.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #927 on: April 28, 2012, 09:08:55 PM »

[/quote]If you spent over 18K on 2 machines that were brand new and they didnt work you wouldnt bother sending a polite letter of disappointment to the manufacturer? I've done them a favour by spending 5 hours already repairing the machines. Unfortunately I dont have replacement boards or motors for the remaining issues.
[/quote]

I think Stern owe you at the very least a very huge SORRY.
There is no excuse for this at all.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #928 on: April 28, 2012, 09:34:17 PM »
Just unboxed my acdc pro and the cannon is not firing when fire button pressed? Any one else had this problem?

Apart from this small prob machine is awesome, very well packaged, mint condition, full credit to Stern, wife and kids all love this game, this game is 100% keeper in my personal collection.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #929 on: April 28, 2012, 09:51:14 PM »
Silverball,  have you

1. Taken the machines back to the Stern dealer you bought the machines from in the first place ?
2. What specifically are the issues you are having ?
3. Have u contacted AMD or the Stern dealer in Australia, and what did they say about all of this ?
4. Have Stern in the USA referred u back to the Australian Stern representative ?

If it was me, firstly,  I would take the machines back to the Stern dealer I bought them from.
Secondly, I wouldnt attempt to fix anything, it might void the warranty.
Thirdly, If I was going to tell others on a forum that I was having issues,  I would tell the other members of the issues you are having so that they may learn something from the experience and it may help others when they get their LE machines.

I appreciate you highlighted my post, and mentioned the 18 grand u have spent, but we are all still in the dark as to what is really going on.
Did u  buy the machines from a Australian Stern dealer ? I only mention that, because any ACDC machines purchased that are not Australian delivered have no warranty in this country.

It would be nice to know the full story. I hope it works out for you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 12:46:44 PM by Caveoftreasures »