Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29296 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #930 on: April 28, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Just unboxed my acdc pro and the cannon is not firing when fire button pressed? Any one else had this problem?

Apart from this small prob machine is awesome, very well packaged, mint condition, full credit to Stern, wife and kids all love this game, this game is 100% keeper in my personal collection.

Leon, there is a software upgrade that makes the cannon button work automatically if its not turned on in default settings. You can go into the menu and make sure the cannon button is turned on. Check your setting, but I would do the 1.4 software upgrade anyway which shld fix.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #931 on: April 28, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
Using the buttons inside the door out it in switch test and see if the fire button registers if not remove the lock bar and activate the switch by hand see if that helps might be bent out of place

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #932 on: April 28, 2012, 10:04:38 PM »
Lots of problems for a lot of brand new machines and these are only the ones I have read here, believe me there are more people also very frustrated with this who have shelled out good money on a rush job that are not part of this forum.
Shame Stern shame!
Lets hope they compenaste you all for this mess. If this were a car with this many recurring problems there would be a recall quick smart.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #933 on: April 28, 2012, 10:13:07 PM »
Using the buttons inside the door out it in switch test and see if the fire button registers if not remove the lock bar and activate the switch by hand see if that helps might be bent out of place

Thanks dan, will run a switch test
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #934 on: April 28, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »
Lots of problems for a lot of brand new machines and these are only the ones I have read here, believe me there are more people also very frustrated with this who have shelled out good money on a rush job that are not part of this forum.
Shame Stern shame!
Lets hope they compenaste you all for this mess. If this were a car with this many recurring problems there would be a recall quick smart.

Hang on ,before you jump on your high horse and condemn them,all brand new cars have a pre-delivery check done on them by the dealer selling them,how many of these pins with faults where pulled out of the box by the owner and not checked by the dealer like is recommended by Stern.
I have worked for a new vehicle seller in the past and believe me they do have faults
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:21:27 PM by RatBag »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #935 on: April 28, 2012, 10:21:21 PM »
Shame Stern shame!

Its early days. Too early to just guess. Only AMD know the real story about any machines having issues. Without knowing the full story, its all specualtion. I agree with Ratbag 100 percent. Alot of people knock back the free dealer precheck of their new Stern machines.

No reason to beat the drum of negativity again anyone just because of a few issues. All brand new STERN machines that are Australian delivered carry a full 6 months warranty. AMD/Bruce has my full confidence that there is nothing that cant be fully fixed given the opportunity and contact from a buyer.
No use making a mountain out of a ant hill.  Nothing is going to stop a few thousand people from enjoying their ACDC machines, because there is nothing that cant be fixed under the warranty process.

I am not going to let any negativity stop me from enjoying my ACDC machine which is perfect and alot of fun.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 10:42:00 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline snapperjoe

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #936 on: April 29, 2012, 02:55:04 AM »

If you spent over 18K on 2 machines that were brand new and they didnt work you wouldnt bother sending a polite letter of disappointment to the manufacturer? I've done them a favour by spending 5 hours already repairing the machines. Unfortunately I dont have replacement boards or motors for the remaining issues.
[/quote]

I think Stern owe you at the very least a very huge SORRY.
There is no excuse for this at all.
[/quote]

Hi Silverball,

You still keep avoiding the questions!!! What have you done that would take you five hours to fix? Seems an awful long time and must of had some serious problems for you to have spent that long and still not fixed it. For a technician, faulty motor diagnosis does not take long time to work out and for the supposeably faulty board, you AMD agent in Melbourne would of been able to sort that one out for you. Perhaps you should try contacting him, that would be the courteous thing to do if all these problems are happening to your games. Thats unless you railroaded them in, which in turn would leave you no warranty on your games and totally explain why your games are not working here in Australia properly. Would also love to see Gary Sterns reply to you when you get it back from him. And he will reply. If he doesnt, be sure to send me your build model numbers and serial numbers of the games and I will definately get the right answers for you.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:57:00 AM by snapperjoe »
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #937 on: April 29, 2012, 07:55:19 AM »
Shame Stern shame!

Hang on ,before you jump on your high horse and condemn them,all brand new cars have a pre-delivery check done on them by the dealer selling them,how many of these pins with faults where pulled out of the box by the owner and not checked by the dealer like is recommended by Stern.
I have worked for a new vehicle seller in the past and believe me they do have faults

Fair enough point taken but it still doesn't change the fact that this pin is a poor rush job.
So glad I didn't fall for the hype.

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #938 on: April 29, 2012, 08:22:33 AM »
Let's hope this machine is in good working order:
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/gatton/other-stuff-for-sale/ac-dc-back-in-black-pinball-machine-2012-brand-new-in-box/1001759805
Only #001 or #007 should command a 30% profit so soon after release. The seller could at least disclose the production number.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #939 on: April 29, 2012, 08:24:10 AM »
12.5k... the seller is dreaming!

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #940 on: April 29, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »

demand is greater than supply - I reckon he might get close to it
this is similar to Elvis Gold , SMBlack etc

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #941 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »

demand is greater than supply - I reckon he might get close to it
this is similar to Elvis Gold , SMBlack etc

+1  why not !@#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #942 on: April 29, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »
The best way to secure a LE machine, would be to contact AMD or one of its Aust agents in case someone does want to cancel for financial reasons and it may make a LE available. I would try anything and everything before I gave someone a extra $3000 for doing absolutely nothing.

REMEMBERING ALSO that the Premium model is available at $8200 from memory, so why pay someone $12,500 which doesnt make sense. The Premium model looks beautiful and very close ofcourse, just a different translite. Go the Premium and save heaps of $$.  ^^^

WARRANTY ON NEW STERNS
ALSO, it is worth re-mentioning that any BNIB Stern games that are purchased from overseas which are not Australian delivered machines carry no factory warranty. Gary Stern was very clear about that on a recent video. The reason that there is no warranty for these non Australian delivered machines, is that the power supply and the boards are set up differently and run on a different cycle which is not designed to run on Australian 240 volts.
Anyone who buys a new machine from say the USA or another country, who plugs it in over here will likely cause many faults/blown boards etc, and will not have a machine that will work correctly etc straight off the bat like a Australian delivered machine.
I raise this because some people may be tempted to buy a available LE from the USA (either privately or from a USA Stern agent) but it will carry no warranty and will not work here correctly. Anyone trying to cheat the system and save a buck, will only cost themselves alot of money and cause faults which wont be covered under warranty. Its pretty hard to complain about faults if you cause them yourself by buying non approved machines and plugging them into a power supply that the machine was not built for  @.@. Our Aussie STERN machines require 50 cycle, not the USA 60 cycle.

It pays to deal directly with a approved Australian Stern distributor. 6 months full warranty and a machine which is designed to work with our 240 volts will be the reward. Plus supporting the Australian dealers is also positive for our Aussie pinball Industry. (Warning from Stern site below >)

GAMES SHIPPED TO NORTH AMERICA OPERATE ON 60 CYCLE ELECTRICITY ONLY.  
THESE GAMES WILL NOT OPERATE IN COUNTRIES WITH 50 CYCLE ELECTRICITY(EUROPE INCLUDING THE UK).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:11:08 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #943 on: April 29, 2012, 01:02:50 PM »
Has anyone installed Mirror Blades on their LE??

It seems like there isnt much room for them

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #944 on: April 29, 2012, 02:15:05 PM »
With the LE update when the bonus is calculated there's new sound all mixed together as well as the normal weird sound anyone else notice this??

Peter