Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 31264 times)

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »
Anymore pictures around?

Peter
I viewed some pics of the LTBR side rails last night on Pinballhead.No pics up yet of the BIB rails,but both of these titles are going to look great.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #121 on: February 07, 2012, 10:51:53 PM »
glad this topic is back on track...
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #122 on: February 07, 2012, 11:06:46 PM »
There's a picture of the LE's train on the net but I can't upload as I'm On my iPhone at work and it looks awesome

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #123 on: February 07, 2012, 11:23:19 PM »
I like to think about interesting stuff from left field, because life without an imagination is boring.

A few interesting thoughts bouncing around in my head re the AC/DC LE models are >

1. does Stern have a seperate "special" AC/DC developement area closed off with extra security, and "very limited" staff only access areas.
2. who at Stern has tried to steal a sneak picture and get it out unauthorised with the typical i.phone quick photo.
3. does Stern have a "diversionary" game that is awful and not even close to the real deal LE that they leak photos on for the Jersey Jack People to see, just to put the industry off and keep people guessing.
4. does Angus get to lay some guitar tracks down with the Stern audio engineer to play on the LE game, and how good would that be
5. which LE model will get released first, the Back in Black LE or the Let there be Rock LE
6. which LE will reign supreme after the two LE's are released, who will be the happier buyer since people have invested 9 plus grand on speculation alone (but worth it !)
7. will the AC/DC pinball be the biggest seller of new Stern games and will it outsell The Simpsons whioch had several runs
8. what will the first LE AC/DC machine be "resold": for on Ebay and will someone ask something crazy like $15,000 in 6 months time
9. will the Wizard of OZ pinball feature munchkins and midgets dancing to AC/DC in one of the superb LCD backglass display.lol  %.%

anyway, just a percentage of some imagination floating around just for some fun.lol  (beats being serious about work all the time.
Pinball is meant to be fun ! as a good mate always says !  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 11:24:56 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #124 on: February 07, 2012, 11:49:06 PM »
Looking forward to it and cant wait to play  ^^^

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #125 on: February 08, 2012, 12:56:28 AM »
Here's the train nice but big?

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #126 on: February 08, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
Can we keep this thread on AC/DC please :)

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #127 on: February 08, 2012, 09:28:51 AM »
Can we keep this thread on AC/DC please :)

Peter

Agreed. Thread tidied up. Keep the posts on topic, or start new threads people !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:49 AM »
to get everyone excited - here is your machine getting made.....

https://plus.google.com/photos/101765089097091765365/albums/5702001551776417649
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #129 on: February 08, 2012, 06:01:40 PM »

Peter

I had already seen that pic also Peter,is that the finished version,as i was expecting it to be a bit more colourfull ?.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #130 on: February 08, 2012, 06:16:13 PM »

Peter

I had already seen that pic also Peter,is that the finished version,as i was expecting it to be a bit more colourfull ?.

Yeah not sure if finished but will look great with led's fitted

Peter

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #131 on: February 08, 2012, 06:24:44 PM »
to get everyone excited - here is your machine getting made.....

https://plus.google.com/photos/101765089097091765365/albums/5702001551776417649

Interesting title to one of the pics... " Here McDonalds Shrek toys are reused for SHREK pinball"    $$(

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #132 on: February 08, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
I called in to see Bruce on Moday to update my order from the Premium to LE.I do not know how many more LE versions that were supposed to be extras for dealers ect in Australia ?.I asked if the version he found for me was from any more that were given to AUS dealers and he said mine was from someone who had not paid the deposit.The rumour is that the ROCKS are sold out ?,so i may have been lucky to get one.I had to skip away from work to go to see Bruce so i did not have much time to ask many questions,but i did ask if the original playfield colours ect were going to be changed in anyway on the BIB version as some have suggested on various sites on the net that it may clash with the BIB backglass and cab artwork ?.I cannot see a problem with it as i think this version will look great with the Black and Chrome effect.He said he does not know of any changes,so unless there is a last minute change from Stern thats how it is.I was walking out of his office and i saw the Pro version sitting there,Bruce said to have a game before i go ,so i had a couple of games and my first thoughts were this is nice,it has a good feel about it,it got me once with a straight down the gutts suck,but i soon learnt you have to give it a nudge at times depending on how it exits the pop bumper area,it did not happen again after that.The first thing to catch my eye was the display  @@*,love it nice and bright red led lit display,they should have done this in previous games.Brett you are also spot on when you said that in the flesh that big face is not as bad when you see it up close,no put off for me as it looks ok and would not put me off buying the Pro version.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #133 on: February 08, 2012, 09:17:29 PM »
Well done Swinksy for the excellent photos and links.  ^^^ it seems the AC/DC Pro machine is in full production. I think the Stern factory will have a AC/DC look and feel/theme for a long time to come.They must have huge orders for this title. It looks great full of Pro AC/DC cabinets. Visiting Stern now would be a great visit/fun trip for any pinball collector.

Well done Punter for the update and info on visiting Bruce. I think alot of people will come to realise just how good the Pro model is. and yes, its good to see you experienced the drain right down the guts. The body nudge is the only way to beat that quick badboy. I like the fact that the machine can catch u out easily, makes u play the machine, and a machine that is too easy is no good.  Bruce mentioned to me like he did you about the few cancellations/deposits not paid which has helped those who missed out on a LE now get one, plus the small gift from Gary Stern re the few extra LE's of both type to help out Bruce with extra orders etc. I am glad u saw and played the game. The colours look great dont they and the translite looks excellent. Fun times ahead.  I also reckon there will be some great mods for the AC/DC machine cause there are alot of talented people out there who will surely have some great ideas to bling out the machine.

I have a day off tomorrow, so I am off to the powdercoaters to pick up my custom AC/DC toppers. A bit of extra construction and we will be ontrack for a custom topper that any Pro or LE owner would love I reckon. Something fun to do anyway.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »
It's getting exciting waiting for them to be released and hopefully more LE pictures come out soon as its driving me crazy waiting and brett post some topper pictures ASAP :)

Peter