Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30820 times)

Offline Richyrich

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #300 on: March 03, 2012, 09:10:55 PM »
I think the pics dont do them justice
I recon they will all look a lot better ,when your in front of them #*#

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #301 on: March 03, 2012, 09:19:39 PM »
The 3 x machines all look great. Premiums, LE BIB and LE LTBR all look T'riffic. Pro looks great too ofcourse.

Swinksy, beause I had a 8 grand $$ medical operation last week, I asked to have the Transformers delivered with the AC/DC Pro, just incase the operation didnt go right and I had to fork out extra $$, but all is well. So, with the AC/DC Pro in 3 or 4 weeks etc.

I am seriously considering ordering a TRON and a AVATAR from Bruce at AMD as well very shortly. The Pro prices are fine, and represent value for money if you like new Sterns.
If i wasnt going to open a "Pinball World" or something like that on the Gold Coast sooner or later, i wouldnt buy extra STERNS, but given I want a large contingent of machines that represent the whole of the Pinball industry, the Sterns are a must have really. I have a mate who has a SHREK in his personal collection which I will buy sooner or later, and someone else has a FAMILY GUY which i want.

There are still more 1990's DMD machines I am collecting as well. Titles like terminator 2, Getaway HS 2, Star Wars Data East, Addams Family, Twilight Zone, plus 3 or 7 more others at least which I want to cover most of all the great 1990's dmd's that I dont have. I want people to walk into the Pinball World and say its over stocked versus understocked. Nothing is for sale, just a place for pinheads to call home and play anything in there. It has to have all the machines u would expect if i am to hang a large neon sign on the front of it.lol  I just want a place I can open to the public and get new people interested in pinball. I would also like to sell new Sterns from there and will just order numbers from Bruce at AMD. If i make a dollar great, but its not a money making exercise, with my financial focus required on my security business which i can piggy back and run from the same premises as the pinball place (seperated internally/externally).

I need to do something extra with my time since i sleep few hours and am usually bored shitless, even though i am still busy in my security business. Anyway, everyone has something they want to do with their time n energy.lol The gold coast is a perfect place for a pinball world given the millions of tourists every year. A walk up start i would have thought.  I still want the LE prices to be more reasonable. I think its important for future healthy Stern sales of LE in Australia.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #302 on: March 03, 2012, 09:52:37 PM »
Brett your enthusiasms for Pinball is bigger then Ben Hur , and your love for acdc is massive so to settle your adrenaline some what I thought that we should all chip in and buy you this .
Its the least we can do  *%*
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AC-DC-Schoolboy-Costume-Men-Adult-Slim-Fit-Soft-T-shirt-tee-top-S-M-L-XL-2XL-/200658263094?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=&hash=item746c1d1bff#ht_2381wt_1143

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #303 on: March 03, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
Brett your enthusiasms for Pinball is bigger then Ben Hur , and your love for acdc is massive so to settle your adrenaline some what I thought that we should all chip in and buy you this .
Its the least we can do  *%*
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-AC-DC-Schoolboy-Costume-Men-Adult-Slim-Fit-Soft-T-shirt-tee-top-S-M-L-XL-2XL-/200658263094?pt=US_Mens_Tshirts&var=&hash=item746c1d1bff#ht_2381wt_1143

+1  %.%, I think you should get yourself one of these Brett for opening night.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #304 on: March 04, 2012, 12:06:49 AM »
Its the least we can do  *%*

+1  %.%, I think you should get yourself one of these Brett for opening night.

Now just checking, is that the Pro T-Shirt or LE T-Shirt?

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #305 on: March 04, 2012, 12:12:45 AM »
thanks guys.  %.%

I was thinking more of a gold coast modelling agency full of hot babes wearing bikinis for the opening night..

and a pinball calender, with hot models sounds like a new idea as well.  #@# #@#  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #306 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
FOR SALE,you asked the question in one of your posts Brett about would anyone be selling their LE ect.I will be selling mine as i am not happy with the finished machine.I do not want to piss other LE buyers off but as i have forked out for an LE model i will put up my thoughts about this version.I might be wrong but from the pics shown to me there are a few things not there that were supposed to be,Matching Laser cut legs and Matching Laser cut front moulding ?,Hells Bell TOY as put on SR list of things that are on this machine?.As i said maybe i cannot see these things but from the pics where ?.Stern stuffed up the lower playfield in my opinion,the cutout was made for a FACE,so once they canned that and changed to FLAMES it looks crap with those inserts in there.This was a late change from Stern and should never have been finished this way.Then we go to the Flames Tunnel,WHAT FLAMES TUNNEL,a tunnel for me is something you go through/under a semi circle type cover i thought would have covered a section of the ramp.So we get a perspex flat panel with some LEDS behind it,it looks cheap.The band member display,i was thinking they would be on a stage in a 3d type charactors thing doing their movements ect,once again flat figures does not look good to me.Overall i like the rest of machine but i think they could have done better without rushing this title.This is the first and last time i buy an LE model, putting cash in without seeing the end result is just too many headaches.Good luck to all the LE buyers out there and i hope you all have a blast playing this game and are happy with it.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #307 on: March 04, 2012, 10:00:38 AM »
FOR SALE,you asked the question in one of your posts Brett about would anyone be selling their LE ect.I will be selling mine as i am not happy with the finished machine.I do not want to piss other LE buyers off but as i have forked out for an LE model i will put up my thoughts about this version.I might be wrong but from the pics shown to me there are a few things not there that were supposed to be,Matching Laser cut legs and Matching Laser cut front moulding ?,Hells Bell TOY as put on SR list of things that are on this machine?.As i said maybe i cannot see these things but from the pics where ?.Stern stuffed up the lower playfield in my opinion,the cutout was made for a FACE,so once they canned that and changed to FLAMES it looks crap with those inserts in there.This was a late change from Stern and should never have been finished this way.Then we go to the Flames Tunnel,WHAT FLAMES TUNNEL,a tunnel for me is something you go through/under a semi circle type cover i thought would have covered a section of the ramp.So we get a perspex flat panel with some LEDS behind it,it looks cheap.The band member display,i was thinking they would be on a stage in a 3d type charactors thing doing their movements ect,once again flat figures does not look good to me.Overall i like the rest of machine but i think they could have done better without rushing this title.This is the first and last time i buy an LE model, putting cash in without seeing the end result is just too many headaches.Good luck to all the LE buyers out there and i hope you all have a blast playing this game and are happy with it.

I am sorry to hear that mate, I hope when the game arrives you are happy with it and it becomes a long time stayer in your lineup but I would never buy anything sight unseen or unplayed, not tried on etc etc.
Even if another Marvel pin is released I will be waiting to play it before I decide to buy it and Marvel pins are pretty much all I want gamewise but I won't be taking a leap of faith.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #308 on: March 04, 2012, 10:45:52 AM »
Like the pro hopefully it looks better in the flesh and with all the color changing LEDs and so on it'll look the goods I must admit the music box is dissapointing it looks abit cheap

Peter

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #309 on: March 04, 2012, 11:18:13 AM »
Like the pro hopefully it looks better in the flesh and with all the color changing LEDs and so on it'll look the goods I must admit the music box is dissapointing it looks abit cheap

Peter

Lets hope so

I think it will

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
Totally agree with your comments Cow Corner,i had made a statement before that i would never purchase a machine sight unseen,BUT being a big ACDC fan i will admit that i got caught up in the hype a bit also.I am also a fan of the Marvel type movies ect and was looking forward to a pin with this theme maybe being made.I had already spoken to the misses about buying some future new releases from Stern or JJ if they appealed to me.After this purchase things have changed for me as i will not get sucked into buying an LE version from any of the makers,as i want to see the finished machine before buying and if that means i miss out so be it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #311 on: March 04, 2012, 12:57:39 PM »
At the end of the day, I reckon they have done a cracker of a job on the Pro, but I am a little miffed about the blandness on the LE with the lower playfield ?

Luckily for me, I bought a CONGO machine 6 months ago and got to see n feel the lower playfield on that model, and got a real feel for what a lower PF does or doesnt do. And it doesnt really do diddly. But it is different. What Stern shld have done with the lower playfield, was incorporated something new, and something that is a bit harder or just something that does something better. It was because of this, and knowing that the under playfield was going to be a bit boring, i went with the Pro.

On CONGO, the Gorilla is what hits the ball, so its a backwards situation to the flippers on the LE. Now being backwards, makes you have to think backwards when hitting the flippers which roughens up your hand eye co-ordination better for a while, that makes the under playfield design on Congo better than the LE AC/DC. With the Congo under PF, u are hitting the ball towards u, not away from you. That makes it a little fun, not huge, but JUST enough to say its worth having.

I think honestly, if you or anyone bought a Back in Black, because of the unique blue/black colours u have done alot better than the other LE, on looks alone. Does the blue fit in with the playfield colours when u stand in front of it, I am leaning towards no, not really, but from afar the blue/black looks great. I dont like the Premium backglass, so that was out for me, and I think the Pro has a better translite than the Premium.

The Pro ands the LE will play different, because of the under playfield etc.I personally think the under playfield real estate wasnt used properly, and reckon the artwork on the Pro without the under PF will be liked alot more, maybe even by LE owners after they play both. When u stare at the Angus head on the Pro, it actually looks great when u play it. I am wondering when u play the LE, will staring into a relatively empty window with only basic flames be enough eye candy. The window detracts from the artwork, it hasnt increased it. Look, if the LE was only $1500 to $1700 more than the Pro, i think most LE owners would be very happy, but at 3 plus grand for the differences, I dont know, i think alot of people will be let down with the lower Playfield.

People will still love their LE models, dont get me wrong, but i wonder how many will play the Pro, and think the extra money was not as well spent on the LE as thought. I think Stern made a big mistake on the under playfield artwork. That alone has changed the whole feel for the LE. I bet any money, they change the Premium artwork down there relatively quickly IF any LE buyers complain to Stern after their machine arrives IF the flames dont look as good as they want.
Maybe, in person, the under PF art will look alot better, just like the angus head on the Pro looks fine.

But having said all that, how many machines in the last 20 have had a under playfield ? none, so just by having one there, may be enough difference to keep people happy too. One of the reasons I play Congo, is cause I can smash the ball repeatedly with the gorilla under the playfield, its not a huge thing, but its different enough to play it sometimes. I reckon most people will just hear the music on any of the ac/dc models, be blown away by the music, and will be happy anyway. No machine is perfect. The next LE just has to be less expensive, back to the LE transformers pricing or less in this now competitive market where companies need to fight to get your dollar.

Does anyone think they might make some changes to the Premium ?

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:07:25 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #312 on: March 04, 2012, 01:21:59 PM »
I don't think there will be any change to the premium and with color changing LEDs in the lower PF it'll look great and with the sound and so on I'm sure it'll be a beauty

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #313 on: March 04, 2012, 01:29:31 PM »
I wouldnt mind buying a Premium, because its different enough, but i need to see the translite in person. Its amazing how bloody picky we can be as buyers.lol  @.@

The music on these machines are going to blow people away. i dont think people realise just yet how GREAT the music is on this machine(s). The loudness and clarity is world class. I mean, only on apx 3 outta 10, on the volume control, its as good as any home stereo worth a few grand, and that was the Pro !, the LE' s have a better audio system again.

Every wife in Australia is just about to be rocked, whether they like it or not. lol  %.% %.% %.%

better hide the credit cards boys, the wifes are going to be looking to leave the house on a regular basis.  %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #314 on: March 04, 2012, 03:30:44 PM »
I wouldnt mind buying a Premium, because its different enough, but i need to see the translite in person. Its amazing how bloody picky we can be as buyers.lol  @.@

The music on these machines are going to blow people away. i dont think people realise just yet how GREAT the music is on this machine(s). The loudness and clarity is world class. I mean, only on apx 3 outta 10, on the volume control, its as good as any home stereo worth a few grand, and that was the Pro !, the LE' s have a better audio system again.

Every wife in Australia is just about to be rocked, whether they like it or not. lol  %.% %.% %.%

better hide the credit cards boys, the wifes are going to be looking to leave the house on a regular basis.  %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.% %.%

I'm glad I'm not married then... :lol
Better than a home system worth a few grand....highly doubtfull. Yeah it does have good music and it sounds great but it is not in the same league as mine or most peoples home theatre setup...not even the same sport.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"