Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30822 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #315 on: March 04, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »
Great to see some kids enjoying themselves

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 06:44:45 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline punter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #316 on: March 04, 2012, 06:56:30 PM »
Great to see some kids enjoying themselves

[ Invalid YouTube link ]
Great vid there are a couple of future ACDC fans  ^^^.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #317 on: March 04, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
Daz, when i said the quality coming out of the ac/dc pinny was as good as a few grand stereo, i meant it.  ^^^

I have the best surround sound systems money can buy, and when u crank up the audio on the ac/dc its that loud n clear, u CANT tell its not from a expensive stereo.

The one u played onsite would have been turned right down, compared to the Pro we gave a work out at AMD. anyway, u know what i mean anyway.lol  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #318 on: March 04, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
Daz, when i said the quality coming out of the ac/dc pinny was as good as a few grand stereo, i meant it.  ^^^

I have the best surround sound systems money can buy, and when u crank up the audio on the ac/dc its that loud n clear, u CANT tell its not from a expensive stereo.

The one u played onsite would have been turned right down, compared to the Pro we gave a work out at AMD. anyway, u know what i mean anyway.lol  ^^^

We will have to agree to disagree on that one mate..sorry.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #319 on: March 04, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
cavey,he has not played it.as you have worked out by now.lol. ()
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #320 on: March 04, 2012, 08:55:07 PM »
cavey,he has not played it.as you have worked out by now.lol. ()

Yeah I have played it... *%* quite a few times actually.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #321 on: March 04, 2012, 10:42:08 PM »
Damo, yeh, the stereo is crystal clear and the volume goes WAY UP and doesnt get crackly, even turned up so loud, u could hear it a street away.

the pro was like a bloody juke box it was that good. onsite ofcourse, the machine would probably not be turned up at all so u wouldnt even get a chance to fully understand the quality stern has come up with.  ALOT of people are going to be impressed with what stern has done with the audio on this machine.

i am wondering if the next stern titles keep the same sound upgrades, or if it goes back to the previous way.

for the hell of it, I am going to write stern a email and ask since i am bored.lol

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #322 on: March 04, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »
A 12-inch woofer (!!!), and a newly revamped (!!!!!!!!!!) sound system done scientifically that rocks! (The PRO and Premium still have 8-inch woofers but also benefit from the improvedcleaner audio.) Even a deaf man can hear the difference!!!! #*#

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #323 on: March 04, 2012, 11:35:46 PM »
A 12-inch woofer (!!!), and a newly revamped (!!!!!!!!!!) sound system done scientifically that rocks! (The PRO and Premium still have 8-inch woofers but also benefit from the improvedcleaner audio.) Even a deaf man can hear the difference!!!! #*#

bring on the Premiums and Le's!  wonder how many games before these songs get repiticous

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #324 on: March 04, 2012, 11:42:17 PM »
I dont think it will get boring. The Pro is such a fast player. 12 songs will be fine to keep ya entertained enough. Can u ever get sick of acca dacca.

just have to find a new girlfriend every 3 months to share it with.lol  %.%

Offline greatwichjohn

• Forum Posts:
  • Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
  • New Stern Dealer
    • greatpinball.com
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2012, 02:22:45 AM »
I go back & forth playing the 2 demo's I have. Funny how there are many pro's around the world & they are less than 100 in the USA. I'm sure once Stern keeps cranking them out for their domestic market, there should be lots of sales. All the LE's sold quickly in Canada from our distributor along with the pro's, so only pro's & premiums becoming available this month or April in Canada.

This pin is fast, will kick your ass, has great songs & game play. Looks awesome except the vinyl Stern applies is kind of cheap & can be applied better for alignment. I have 2 that weren't perfect, one is off 1/2" from bottom front, some have peeling at corners (adhesive), one had a knife cut at front bottom AC/DC, cabinets could get a better coating of black paint around buttons.

I'm still trying to see if I have a switch problem, sometimes no recognition at top lanes & bottom lane switches. Stern suggested I switch mpu's which I did, seems like the problem still there at times. I'm still on original code, so maybe this is a bug.

Overall very impressed with this pin, Stern has finally awoken to the threat of some competition from Jersey Jack. If your thinking about a NIB purchase, get the pro.
World leader in small production of pinball products using modern commercial uv inkjet technology.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #326 on: March 05, 2012, 08:38:39 AM »
Focus on what I am writing here please , not anything else .

Thanks for the input , I read a dealer has problems with 4 cabinets , he's customers want the cabinets replaced because of dodgy work man ship . Don't know the out come ?
QUESTIONS
Where's the quality controll ?
Has there been problems like this in the pass ?
Will the problems continue ?
Do they care ?
Will they fix the issue ?
Do they closely inspect each pinball before they are Boxed
Do they (Mexicans) Box damaged pinball , behind management's back ?

It's a lucky dip guys , good luck .There's no perfect cabinet ,you may need to do some touch up when yours is unboxed or just leave it as it is .
I visited the Stern factory for a day , Gary is a top bloke , he treated my family like royalty and we had a great time there and he is a friend .
I observe the process on long the production line . When I sat down with Jack , one of the first things I told him , see if you can get rid of them bloody trolleys , they cause half the problems , there like dodgem cars in his factory .
Jack has address that issue , been a new factory comes a new process which JJP will inplement  . Gary may stay with his old old system , but it would be a massive job to change over ,
The cabinet I saw at JJP was a piece of furniture ( awesome) it's heavy as ,I mean heavvvvvy , lets hope everything turns out well with JJP , and Gary can meet the market on QC .
Gary decals and cabinets are subbed out , so you can't directly blame him , but where's the quality control form him to send them back before they build the bloody thing .
Bit grumpy today , I am .

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 09:06:04 AM by Ant68 »

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #327 on: March 05, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »

Bit grumpy today , I am .

You don't say, Yoda!!

Interesting observations from someone who has seen things first hand.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #328 on: March 05, 2012, 09:33:02 AM »
Gary decals and cabinets are subbed out , so you can't directly blame him , but where's the quality control form him to send them back before they build the bloody thing

Yes you can blame him directly, same as when i contract subbies.. they fall under my company and my control.. the buck stops with me, thats why WHO you hire is just as important as what they do. I do vinyl signs, laminate print signs all the time. Often i have to employ help to put these up while im onsite erecting the main signage. If they cock up, the business owner comes to ME to get it sorted which i do at my own expense... then again, it doesnt happen cos i only employ those i know are 100% cpapable.
 Stern have these cabinets in the factory BEFORE going out... there is absolutely NO excuse for bodgy workmanship to leave the shop floor... unless you dont care that is

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #329 on: March 05, 2012, 01:55:03 PM »
WOW.  I am thinking the cabinet issue(s) are a one off. I mean things are put together by wage earning humans. It happens in every factory in the world, rightly or wrongly.
When a brand new machine arrives at your house, we ALL hope that the machines will be damage and mark free. If its not, well then u contact your local STERN agent.
But I am not worried, I have seen a hundred new sterns at peoples houses, and never seen a issue yet.

One point John(greatwichkohn) made, was that "there are so many Pro's all over the world", BUT they arent all over the world YET. Like Australia, only a small amount of half a dozen units each have been sent out and only to a few countries, for dealers to have on their showroom floors to sell other machines off. In fact, if the USA has over 100 out in the wild/at dealers businesses, that means u guys have more out n about than any other country.

I reckon the Pro will sell here like hot cakes, and probably to people who want one in their home bar etc. Some cashed up people will pay the $8200 for a premium, instead of the $5950 for the Pro, but it will probably be a high percentage of Pro's being sold into new homes.  maybe the Premium wont sell as much, perhaps it might get a price drop or a extra few things like side armour (better side armour) in order to sell more of that premium design.

One thing is for certain, AC/DC has been excellent for the pinball hobby/industry world wide, which is a positive thing to see. I wonder how many countries for interest are getting imports of the AC/DC pinnys ? !@#

« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 01:57:13 PM by Caveoftreasures »