Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 30493 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2012, 02:48:05 PM »
The 3 or 4 plus 40 foot containers that Bruce and Joe have organised are seafreight and not airfreight ofcourse. There will be 40 plus machines per sea container.
 To send a machine by airfreight is around $1000.  If u got the worlds best deal, as low as $800 to $900.  Seafreight rates get down to around to $300 to $400 a machine incl landing etc.
   It never pays to send that many machines ever by air-freight.  Machines are only airfreighted when people want the machines yesterday, versus in 5 or 6 weeks, but it adds to the purchase price, hence the AC/DC Pro is $5950 and not the standard $6350.  The $400 saving is only because of the seafreight rates etc.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »
The 3 or 4 plus 40 foot containers that Bruce and Joe have organised are seafreight and not airfreight ofcourse. There will be 40 plus machines per sea container.
 To send a machine by airfreight is around $1000.  If u got the worlds best deal, as low as $800 to $900.  Seafreight rates get down to around to $300 to $400 a machine incl landing etc.
   It never pays to send that many machines ever by air-freight.  Machines are only airfreighted when people want the machines yesterday, versus in 5 or 6 weeks, but it adds to the purchase price, hence the AC/DC Pro is $5950 and not the standard $6350.  The $400 saving is only because of the seafreight rates etc.

I'm that keen I'd pay the extra $400 to have it sent by air :)

Peter

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2012, 05:38:26 PM »
Air freight door to door is about $1500  give and take a bit .

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2012, 05:50:23 PM »
Air freight door to door is about $1500  give and take a bit .

Maybe I'll wait lol

Offline RatBag

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2012, 06:12:15 PM »
 To send a machine by airfreight is around $1000.  If u got the worlds best deal, as low as $800 to $900.  Seafreight rates get down to around to $300 to $400 a machine incl landing etc.
   It never pays to send that many machines ever by air-freight.  Machines are only airfreighted when people want the machines yesterday, versus in 5 or 6 weeks, but it adds to the purchase price, hence the AC/DC Pro is $5950 and not the standard $6350.  The $400 saving is only because of the seafreight rates etc.
69 in a 40ft and 33 fit in a 20ft container,they are packed in tight,I will take a pic to let you see when our container gets here and your costs are just about spot on
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:19:21 PM by RatBag »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #440 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:41 PM »
U are definately correct, 44 machines in a 40 footer are unboxed 2nd hand dmds excl pin2000 from Europe, with maybe a few more projects crammed in. 
Yes, u would get more in a container if u packed to the roof with Stern boxed machines. With those amounts, I would think it would make it cheaper with more pins in a container. I spoke to a company in the USA today about freight generally, and the prices have levelled out with a slowing transport market. Oil prices are up, but seafreight companies have slowed the fella was telling me, as well as 3/4 full planes only, making prices more competitive.
    Airfreight on standby rates (sits there for 3 or 4 days til a unused opening becomes avail) can be had for $800 to $900. Depends who u use, so many variants/different companies/where the machines are etc.

*I try to buy USA machines from L.A cause its so close to the seafreight terminal, saving $400 to $500 from Central USA inland truck shipping..

Look forward to the photos. Thankyou for sharing. That would be a fun day at Joe's place 4 sure. ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #441 on: March 16, 2012, 10:05:03 PM »
$800-$900 plus US inland freight , clearance fees , airport charges , Doc's etc , GST .
If you get it less the $1500 your doing ok.

I've done it heaps of times .

U are definately correct, 44 machines in a 40 footer are unboxed 2nd hand dmds excl pin2000 from Europe, with maybe a few more projects crammed in. 
Yes, u would get more in a container if u packed to the roof with Stern boxed machines. With those amounts, I would think it would make it cheaper with more pins in a container. I spoke to a company in the USA today about freight generally, and the prices have levelled out with a slowing transport market. Oil prices are up, but seafreight companies have slowed the fella was telling me, as well as 3/4 full planes only, making prices more competitive.
    Airfreight on standby rates (sits there for 3 or 4 days til a unused opening becomes avail) can be had for $800 to $900. Depends who u use, so many variants/different companies/where the machines are etc.

*I try to buy USA machines from L.A cause its so close to the seafreight terminal, saving $400 to $500 from Central USA inland truck shipping..

Look forward to the photos. Thankyou for sharing. That would be a fun day at Joe's place 4 sure. ^^^

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #442 on: March 16, 2012, 10:52:00 PM »
U are correct Tony, it gets expensive when the pinny catches a flight from near Stern. The inland distribution for Stern to the USA works well cause they are in the middle of the country, but when sending out of the USA, the inland position just ratchets up the costs unfortunately.

Also, on another good note, a friend of mine here just told me he ordered a AC/DC Pro which i was told tonight, which is excellent news. I am glad he also found the new Stern to be a winner like a few members have. Its his first NIB Stern (but not his first pinny by a long shot) so it will be great to see him unboxing his new machine as well.
April will be fun time for the forum with alot of people hopefully taking photos/videos etc.

Offline piesrule

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #443 on: March 17, 2012, 10:22:43 AM »

After consultation with Nick, we decided to clean up a couple of pages of "off topic" banter that was best suited somewhere else. Our apologies in advance to anyone caught in the crossfire. No ones to blame here, we just believe that the thread needed some "guidance" back to the Topic.

Just for the record - who here has ordered an AC/DC ?
I've ordered an AC/DC  Le rock

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2012, 11:30:30 AM »
I'm excited now.

&feature=youtu.be

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2012, 02:25:43 PM »
nice find

looks great,hey

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2012, 04:59:24 PM »
nice find

looks great,hey

Yeah looks awesome and still a fast game which I'm happy about shame that vid didn't let us hear AC/DC playing

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2012, 05:59:12 PM »
And another just love the bell #*#

&feature=youtu.be

Offline Ant68