Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29691 times)

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #855 on: April 25, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »
curious
did these LE's come with numbered plaques?

Could somebody take a pic for us lesser mortals?

Gorgars Pic

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #856 on: April 25, 2012, 06:14:46 PM »
Daniel, you are supposed to keep the box and the packaging intact for when you sell the game  #@#

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #857 on: April 25, 2012, 06:36:51 PM »
I'm up to 129 games now

Average game time:3:29
Average ball time:1:03

Sometimes it kicks my butt actually most times it's a hard fast game

Peter

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #858 on: April 25, 2012, 06:39:16 PM »
I GIVE UP.

what a piece of crap. After not being able to play 1 of my LE's, and the second LE having several faults that were not transport related, the cannon motor/gearbox has shit itself. I cant complain, I did manage to get in about 15 games before it crapped itself.

2 BNIB ACDC's, both unplayable. Good job Stern. First and last NIB I buy from you.
Thats more than bad luck,it is a disgrace that these machines were ever sent out.As more people get their machines worldwide i wonder how many will end up with similiar problems to what some are having in aus.There is no sugar coating some of the issues people are having and it is not only on this forum.STERNS QUALITY CONTROL IS BULL***T and the human error line is also.These machines were rushed out after the change to the bottom playfield caused some delays,so then it was lets just get them out as quick as we can.All the way along the production line there has to be checks on everything as they move along,so no doubt Stern do not do this or do not care.After months i am still waiting for a reply from Stern in regards to some questions i had about the LEs and advised them that i had cancelled my Rock version.I mentioned in that email why do Stern treat there customers like idiots.I am so glad i pulled out of this machine and for my money the LEs are not worth the extra cash over the PRO.I am now very wary about a possible new Stern purchase as poor quality issues ARE telling me to not rush in.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #859 on: April 25, 2012, 06:43:12 PM »
I GIVE UP.

what a piece of crap. After not being able to play 1 of my LE's, and the second LE having several faults that were not transport related, the cannon motor/gearbox has shit itself. I cant complain, I did manage to get in about 15 games before it crapped itself.

2 BNIB ACDC's, both unplayable. Good job Stern. First and last NIB I buy from you.
Thats more than bad luck,it is a disgrace that these machines were ever sent out.As more people get their machines worldwide i wonder how many will end up with similiar problems to what some are having in aus.There is no sugar coating some of the issues people are having and it is not only on this forum.STERNS QUALITY CONTROL IS BULL***T and the human error line is also.These machines were rushed out after the change to the bottom playfield caused some delays,so then it was lets just get them out as quick as we can.All the way along the production line there has to be checks on everything as they move along,so no doubt Stern do not do this or do not care.After months i am still waiting for a reply from Stern in regards to some questions i had about the LEs and advised them that i had cancelled my Rock version.I mentioned in that email why do Stern treat there customers like idiots.I am so glad i pulled out of this machine and for my money the LEs are not worth the extra cash over the PRO.I am now very wary about a possible new Stern purchase as poor quality issues ARE telling me to not rush in.

I just don't remember other recent sterns having these issues am I wrong? Or is it just this title or pinball in general?

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #860 on: April 25, 2012, 06:44:30 PM »
I GIVE UP.

I just don't remember other recent sterns having these issues am I wrong? Or is it just this title or pinball in general?

Peter

My NIB Ironman was fine but that was quite a few years ago when it was made.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #861 on: April 25, 2012, 06:59:57 PM »
I have clocked up 600 balls on my BIB and have no problems or issues to report. The concerns raised by others on this forum has made me check over my machine in great detail and can say it is faultless in every detail (so far).
Sorry for the others with quality issues.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #862 on: April 25, 2012, 07:09:37 PM »

Peter

Unfortunatly, stern has poor quality control
Remember, Gary Stern makes his product for operators, most of them do not worry about cosmetic issues, or can rectify mechanical/electrical faults easily

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #863 on: April 25, 2012, 07:13:23 PM »
Seems some are lucky.. others have had downright rotten luck.
Luck shouldnt come into it of course and i can imagine the disappointment felt by those whose expectations have been so high for so long.

ACDC SHOULD be the pin that puts Stern and pinball right in the main frame.. its a real pity that Stern failed to live up to the hype with what is poor quality on their part.
hope it all gets sorted as a matter of priority

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #864 on: April 25, 2012, 07:14:33 PM »

Peter

Unfortunatly, stern has poor quality control
Remember, Gary Stern makes his product for operators, most of them do not worry about cosmetic issues, or can rectify mechanical/electrical faults easily

Thats not poor quality control... its a drop shadow on the font... everyone else has this missing... count yourself lucky!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #865 on: April 25, 2012, 07:16:07 PM »
I have played a good 100 games on my PRO and havent had a single issue at all.

I spoke with AMD yesterday, and they are not aware of any serious issues with ANY LE models,except a few Leds not working, or a few loose LEDS that have come loose from transport.   As of yesterday afternoon, according to AMD, no one had phoned AMD at all with any serious issues.
It is early days and too early to believe there is any huge problem with the AC/DC machines as a whole.  The next 1 x month will show what the real situation is.  I have spoken to 4 different LE owners in QLD, and not one of those 4 LE owners have had a hassle at all.

ALSO, i note that AMD offers everyone of its BNIB buyers, a free offer to pull the machine out of the box, inspect it 100 percent, test everything etc, as part of the purchase etc, at no charge. This service overcomes all hassles usually, but most people say NO, and want to be the first person to pull the machine out themselves, and not have the machine put back into the new box.
Its hard to crucify AMD when this is on offer to anyone who buys from AMD.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:27:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #866 on: April 25, 2012, 07:25:42 PM »
I have played a good 100 games on my PRO and havent had a single issue at all.

I spoke with AMD yesterday, and they are not aware of any serious issues with ANY LE models,except a few Leds not working, or a few loose LEDS that have come loose from transport.   As of yesterday afternoon, according to AMD, no one had phoned AMD at all with any serious issues.

It is early days and too early to believe there is any huge problem with the AC/DC machines as a whole.  The next 1 x month will show what the real situation is.  I have spoken to 4 different LE owners in QLD, and not one of those 4 LE owners have had a hassle at all.

Melbourne issues would be raised to the Melbourne dealer wouldn't they? and he would deal direct with stern I'd imagine? has anyone read about problems overseas as Australia's where built and sent out first.

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #867 on: April 25, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »
All Stern agents in Australia buy directly from Bruce at AMD, and all warranty issues go directly to AMD from all Stern agents. I was told this by AMD directly yesterday.

AMD is the representative for STERN in Australia.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
« Reply #868 on: April 25, 2012, 07:49:18 PM »
All Stern agents in Australia buy directly from Bruce at AMD, and all warranty issues go directly to AMD from all Stern agents. I was told this by AMD directly yesterday.

AMD is the representative for STERN in Australia.

This is correct. As agents we try to rectify any problems in house. If it is a major issue, we have to refer this to AMD(Bruce) who in turn acts on it with Stern (Gary). I have never had any major issues to date(touch wood). I have however kept 2 Bib and 2 Ltbr machines myself in the event that I am not happy with any machine in my container. If it happens that a machine is problematic and doesnt meet up to my standards, then I will sacrafice my own personal machine for my customers. I cant do any more than that.  Other dealers probably would of thought along the same lines but due to the demand and pressure from customers were not able to do this. Will wait and see what happens in the coming weeks when they arrive. I feel for silverball and I am sure Leo will sort it out. Furthermore, should these machines not be required as replacement machines, they are not for sale as will be kept for my kids.

Regards Joe  
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:55:36 PM by snapperjoe »
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #869 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:20 PM »
For those wanting to test a Premium or LE - so far 4 known ones have been sited.

AC/DC Premium / LE's
NSW - Newcastle Area > Broadmeadow > Pizza N Pinball - AC/DC BIBLE (Stern). 24-4-12
NSW - Newcastle Area > Hamilton > Station Hotel - AC/DC Premium (Stern). 25-4-12
Vic - Melbourne Area > Chirnside Park > Sonix Family Entertainment, Fletcher Rd. - AC/DC BIBLE (Stern). 22-4-12
Vic - Melbourne Area > Wantirna South > Knox City > Timezone - AC/DC BIBLE (Stern). 22/04/2011

along with 12 Pro's sited across 4 states.

Please let me know in the sited section if you know of any others
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts