Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29329 times)

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #885 on: April 26, 2012, 10:40:53 PM »
Has anyone put any mods on their new AC/DC pin yet ???

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #886 on: April 27, 2012, 01:45:59 AM »
Has anyone put any mods on their new AC/DC pin yet ???

which model? or any?....

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #887 on: April 27, 2012, 06:46:43 AM »

Offline silverball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #888 on: April 27, 2012, 08:23:20 AM »
Sent a message of disappointment to Stern and had Gary respond. Been a week today, and while others enjoy their machines,mine sit idle.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #889 on: April 27, 2012, 09:22:09 AM »
Sent a message of disappointment to Stern and had Gary respond. Been a week today, and while others enjoy their machines,mine sit idle.

Man that it is crap for you. Does AMD know?
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #890 on: April 27, 2012, 11:59:24 AM »

Have you taken the machines back to the Stern dealer you purchased them from ?  If so, couldnt the Stern dealer have carried out the repairs by now, over the last one x week ?   It doesnt make sense to me contacting the USA when there is a perfect Australian Stern dealer located in both Melbourne and Sydney who have all the resources to fix both machines. Ther USA are only going to refer you to the local Stern agent anyway.

I would love to know what all these faults are and would like to see some photos, as I am sure others wouldnt mind either.
If anything, other ACDC owners can use the information and have it on file incase they have an issue.
Can u list the faults and take some photos ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #891 on: April 27, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »

Hope all works out Dave and they get them running like new.

Peter

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #892 on: April 27, 2012, 05:23:24 PM »

That sucks big time mate, hope they sort it out quickly for you

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #893 on: April 27, 2012, 05:28:24 PM »

Man that it is crap for you. Does AMD know?

maybe they wernet purchased through AMD...

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #894 on: April 27, 2012, 05:47:47 PM »
Had some more games on my machine today. Alot of FUN.

Enjoying it more and more everytime I play it. Ive started to work out how to get multiball the easiest. Machine likes the ramps to be shot to maximise points, as well as hitting the bell target etc. Hitting the right target with the cannon is important to get maximum points.

Also, u get rewarded for having the ball roll down the side inlanes, which lights either the cannon, or multiball or double points for 20 seconds etc.

Still not a easy machine to beat, every game is challenging. Machine plays so fast it is crazy.

ARE YOU OTHER AC/DC OWNERS finding the same thing, game is ultra fast ?  !@#  Have u worked out the best scoring tactics ?

I Keep watching the game rule videos etc SR did, it helps to work out the rules for each song. Stacks of different ways to try n beat the machine. Heaps of different missions. I like the fact that the dot matrix displays have different content for each song. Very cool.  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:09:35 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #895 on: April 27, 2012, 08:16:13 PM »
Had some more games on my machine today. Alot of FUN.

Enjoying it more and more everytime I play it. Ive started to work out how to get multiball the easiest. Machine likes the ramps to be shot to maximise points, as well as hitting the bell target etc. Hitting the right target with the cannon is important to get maximum points.

Also, u get rewarded for having the ball roll down the side inlanes, which lights either the cannon, or multiball or double points for 20 seconds etc.

Still not a easy machine to beat, every game is challenging. Machine plays so fast it is crazy.

ARE YOU OTHER AC/DC OWNERS finding the same thing, game is ultra fast ?  !@#  Have u worked out the best scoring tactics ?

I Keep watching the game rule videos etc SR did, it helps to work out the rules for each song. Stacks of different ways to try n beat the machine. Heaps of different missions. I like the fact that the dot matrix displays have different content for each song. Very cool.  ^^^

I'm with you I'm still trying to work out the rules but love the speed that's for sure

Peter

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #896 on: April 27, 2012, 08:17:43 PM »
Pete, is the bottom playfield interesting/challenging enough, what the lighting down there like etc.

Whats your favourite part of the game ?  !@#

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #897 on: April 27, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »
1st 90 games no ball jam between cannon and ramp
Now im getting them all the time
Moved machine to take glass off - maybe machine needs to be lift higher at rear legs
Any potential fix - let us know ?
Meanwhile Bruce from AMD has notified stern of my playfield issue - waiting for response

Great ACDC vid from PAPA with commentary:

Reminds me of World Poker Tour!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:01:41 PM by Mr Tilt »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #898 on: April 27, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
I took the glass off my PRO and just checked the space between the base of the cannon and the ramp with the ball and there is heaps of room on mine, plenty of drop, so i dont know what is going on with the LE model. I will keep an eye on mine and will report if i have any change.

Have you guys used the factory bubble/leveller near the shooter lane to make sure you have your rear legs wound up to the correct height ?   !@#
The first thing I did was to wind the back legs up and level the machine. Without it, the machine wont play like it was meant to.

But I would imagine you would have done that Mr Tilt cause you have ALOT of brand new Sterns.  ^^^
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:18:15 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #899 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:57 PM »
Upgrading the code is easy. there is a video on the STERN site which shows how to do it step by step.
When there is a gamecode update Pete, if u have any hassles, u can call me and I can easily talk you through it. You just have to make sure u download the WinZip program which is also on the same STERN gamecode page.

Wow, u have your music even higher than me, your neighbours must love you by now.lol  %.% %.%  ^^^ ^^^

you dont need the WinZip program, you can just copy and paste or extract to your nominated drive
same result either way