Author Topic: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball  (Read 29220 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: Members who have ordered AC/DC pinball
« Reply #960 on: April 29, 2012, 11:00:04 PM »
My apron flashers only ever flash in test mode.

I'm hoping one of there updates makes the flashers behind the lightning bolts flash when you hit the targets

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #961 on: April 29, 2012, 11:06:08 PM »

I'm hoping one of there updates makes the flashers behind the lightning bolts flash when you hit the targets

It's not just me then lol same here with the lightning bolt globes maybe an update as you say , but since they put metal behind the lightning bolt plastic to stop then breaking I suppose there's no need to have flashers?

Peter
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:08:55 PM by GORGAR 1 »

Offline Mr Tilt

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #962 on: April 29, 2012, 11:06:59 PM »

[/quote]Keep avoiding what questions,I am not on this forum every minute of the day.
I work full time in the industry as a tech/ service manager and unbox most new Sterns before sending to our customers because most have faults from the factory. I have contacted my local distributor,I bought them through him and he is going to handle the situation(a nice guy). I sent a letter of disappointment to Stern,I dont blame the Aussie distrubutor for the faults I have,they didnt build the machines.
I like others have been waiting for this pin to arrive and of course it is disappointing to open and have 2 pins with varies factory faults.
Cavey,I will not take 2 new machines back to the distributor,high risk of scratching/damaging.
About 5 hours was spent fault finding,adjusting and diagnosing faults and giving information to the distributor so he knows what faulty parts to send. I have done nothing to void warranty,no assmeblies,boards or parts removed. I will report back with the final outcome when all is good,meanwhile I wait patiently.

Same here I dont want to do a playfield swap as this will be probably encounter extra sctratches and damage which will make the whole exercise worse.
Just want a spare playfield - cheaper option for Stern better for me
Just to let other Le owners of issues :
1> Cannon ball jam fixed - read previous post for method
2> Bell opto stop working - failed transitor on opto board after 90 games - fixed by Leo distributor within the week!
3> Playfield imperfection - in progress see previous post for pic
4> Special Stern hologram has wrong no.536 instead of no.83

2/4 fixed

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #963 on: April 29, 2012, 11:36:51 PM »

It's not just me then lol same here with the lightning bolt globes maybe an update as you say , but since they put metal behind the lightning bolt plastic to stop then breaking I suppose there's no need to have flashers?

Peter

On the PRO model, when u hit the lightning bolt targets, its the round blue playfield light which flashs. I believe the stand up lightning bolt 555 bulbs only flash in certain modes, and i find that if i hit all 3 targets during a mode, thats when they all flash, as well as during other modes.
I am not sure they are even meant to flash individually when u hit the targets. Even on the previous software they did not flash when u hit a target.
Someone will have to ask Stern via AMD service Department if this is correct or not.

I just worked out why Stern sells the first batches of machines to the overseas markets instead of to the USA first.lol     It gets us to be the test guinea pigs so we get it all sorted before the USA clients get the perfect machines with all the bugs fixed.lol  Might be true.  @.@
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #964 on: April 29, 2012, 11:40:21 PM »
Looks like your pinball collection is in safe hands cavey.

Thanks for that. He will inherit the collection so he is getting in good practice already. He only just turned 2 and knows how to start all the machines and play a game. Very cute.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #965 on: April 29, 2012, 11:41:17 PM »
I know there are a couple of members on this forum who work for agents/resellers of Stern pins.

Word in the US from an authorised agent/distributor I know, is that any agent/distributor who put in an order for an ACDC LE version and got one was also "encouraged" (read forced) to order a Premium version on a 1:1 basis in order to boost the numbers.

Without even touching on the legality/morality of this, it would be interesting to know for a fact if there were similar arrangements in place here.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 12:25:05 AM by pinsanity »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #966 on: April 30, 2012, 12:13:35 AM »
I know there are a couple of members on this forum who work for agents/resellers of Stern pins.

Word in the US from an authorised agent/distributor I know, is that any agent/distributor who put in an order for an ACDC LE version and got one was also "encouraged" (read forced) to order a Premium version on a 1:1 basis in order to boost the numbers.

Without even touching on the legality/morality of this, it would be interesting to know for a fact if there similar arrangements in place here.

I was also told that from Aussie distributors if they ordered a LE they also had to order a Pro or premium.

Peter

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #967 on: April 30, 2012, 12:18:26 AM »

Peter

On the PRO model, when u hit the lightning bolt targets, its the round blue playfield light which flashs. I believe the stand up lightning bolt 555 bulbs only flash in certain modes, and i find that if i hit all 3 targets during a mode, thats when they all flash, as well as during other modes.
I am not sure they are even meant to flash individually when u hit the targets. Even on the previous software they did not flash when u hit a target.
Someone will have to ask Stern via AMD service Department if this is correct or not.

I just worked out why Stern sells the first batches of machines to the overseas markets instead of to the USA first.lol     It gets us to be the test guinea pigs so we get it all sorted before the USA clients get the perfect machines with all the bugs fixed.lol  Might be true.  @.@

Because the Lighting bolts have the white light stuff on the back like a translight,  they where originally meant to have a light source behind them but when they found a air ball would smash the lightning bolt they fitted metal brackets behind them and covered the white light stuff so now the metal blocks the light from the globes, so they disabled the light hence they don't come on if that makes sense :D

Peter

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #968 on: April 30, 2012, 12:23:55 AM »
I want them to flash.......    I also have a few ideas of ways to improve the look of the game if it works out I'll report back

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #969 on: April 30, 2012, 11:14:21 AM »
The bulbs on my PRO machine definately DO flash behind the lightning bolts, just not everytime a target is hit, but after all targets are hit or in some modes. Must be different on the LE.

ALSO, i just played the machine and during the THUNDERSTRUCK SONG, everytime u hit the lightning bolt targets the lights flash ! hope it helps. 

Whats the highest score you guys have got on the LE so far ?  !@# !@#
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:23:33 AM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #970 on: April 30, 2012, 12:18:55 PM »
47million is my highest my son had 59 million

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #971 on: April 30, 2012, 12:59:54 PM »
The bulbs on my PRO machine definately DO flash behind the lightning bolts, just not everytime a target is hit, but after all targets are hit or in some modes. Must be different on the LE.

ALSO, i just played the machine and during the THUNDERSTRUCK SONG, everytime u hit the lightning bolt targets the lights flash ! hope it helps.

Whats the highest score you guys have got on the LE so far ?  !@# !@#

Just checked mine during thunderstruck they don't flash oh and during multiball mine loaded 2 balls in the canon WTF and it doesn't like that because the canon can't move with two balls loaded so instead of letting the canon move when jammed as the 2nd ball was up against the ramp I turned game off and took the glass off and grabbed the balls I wonder why it did that? having said that I did shoot to balls up the canon ramp very close together ..

P:S-my highest is 110 million and my son has 131 million
Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #972 on: April 30, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
Update on FIRE Button problem

2 minute fix, just adjusted the leaf switch, the lock-down bars have a push button switch, just like Bally's Black Rose

Cannon now works 100% Easy fix, AC DC Rules..............  $#$ 
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #973 on: April 30, 2012, 08:04:59 PM »
Scoring on the PRO with the 1.4 version software must be alot harder than the LE game. Its often hard to get over 30 to 35 million points.
I played apx 20 games in a row today, and the machine just kicked my ass everytime.  @.@

After watching the STERN games rules videos, and understanding about half to three quarters of what i need to, in order to get bigger scores, its just so fast and really is challenging. Nothing easy about the AC/DC Pro.  Enjoyable, but it jogs flogs u. Always leaves me thinking "You bastard".lol 

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #974 on: April 30, 2012, 08:09:13 PM »
Scoring on the PRO with the 1.4 version software must be alot harder than the LE game. Its often hard to get over 30 to 35 million points.
I played apx 20 games in a row today, and the machine just kicked my ass everytime.  @.@

After watching the STERN games rules videos, and understanding about half to three quarters of what i need to, in order to get bigger scores, its just so fast and really is challenging. Nothing easy about the AC/DC Pro.  Enjoyable, but it jogs flogs u. Always leaves me thinking "You bastard".lol 

Long winded way of saying your crap........