Author Topic: Stern's next pin for 2012 after AC/DC  (Read 631 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Stern's next pin for 2012 after AC/DC
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:49:23 PM »
Just been thinking about the rate that Stern gets there machines out, and was wondering what the next one is.

I reckon that they must already have the theme and layout already drafted up and work started.

I wonder if it will be a movie theme - Adventures of Tintin, of Avengers?

Whats are your thoughts of what it could be.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Stern's next pin for 2012 after AC/DC
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 09:55:03 PM »
Way ACDC has taken off... i reckon theyd be seriously looking at a Pink Floyd pin

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 10:10:55 PM »
hopefully more pub style titles like acdc, as i want to see these in venues, rather than homes. arcades are a thing of the past so movie themes are more suited for arcades, pubs are really the only places i know of that have pins these days, at least here on the sunshine coast where all the arcades are gone

if i could afford the 8k for an acdc pin for my cafe i would, i recon it would go off. but ill stick with my dirty old rock machine as regu;ar punters seem to like this theme. lol
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:13:45 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 10:45:18 PM »
I was told today that the AC/DC pin was created just on the Australian market consumption alone ! YES, pretty impressive because Australia is the largest pinball market in the world with the largest numbers being ordered by ALOT of private collectors etc etc etc, plus sited pinballs etc, but 70 plus percent of Aust sales are to private homes, with the Australian thirst for LE models, and the desires and abilities of Aussies to spend 8 and 9 grand on a pinny not being a problem compared to all other countries.

I cant think of another uniquely Aussie only title that even comes close to the AC/DC pinball sales juggernaut. So it wont be another Aussie based/Aussie desired title next time around, but STERN is listening heavily to its Aussie agents who are selling massive numbers compared to the other countries ! The LE models i am told were created for the aussie market first and foremost based on customer demands with people prepared to pay $$. Gary Stern has listened well and is now cashing in big time. Smart him and well done to STERN.

Even the TRANSFORMERS pinball is one of the nicest machines ever made. I saw one today in the flesh and had a game. THAT IS ONE AWESOME MACHINE. I urge anyone seriously thinking about a New In Box Stern to look very closely at the Transformers pinny. it is amazing in every way. Based on that awesome pinball, there will be some UNREAL machines coming out of STERN.

In 2012, I hear a Captain America Pinball is definately next. A big birdie told me today it is a definate go'er.  ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2012, 12:14:41 AM »
If it is the same birdie who suggested Iron Man and AC/DC would be produced, then I would believe him.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 09:12:24 AM »
Captn America....another MARVEL hero...bring that on!!
Then I remember that this is new age stern and there will be at least 3 versions to grab as much cash as possible from the public.....Boooooooooooo!

I really dig Pink Floyd but am unsure on if it would be a good pin, most floyd tunes are mellow..even their fast or intense ones are pretty mellow for me and wouldn't translate to pin imo...besides getting Gilmour and Waters to agree on anything is wishfull thinking... then again maybe if it came with a free sheet of very good acid.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:24:58 AM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Timelord

• Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »

I really dig Pink Floyd but am unsure on if it would be a good pin, most floyd tunes are mellow..even their fast or intense ones are pretty mellow for me and wouldn't translate to pin imo...besides getting Gilmour and Waters to agree on anything is wishfull thinking... then again maybe if it came with a free sheet of very good acid.

There are enough songs for sure for Pink Floyd imagine the Run Like Hell multiball, the Money jackpot, Welcome to the Machine as the first ball heads up, the Pigs, Dogs and Sheep modes and Another Brick in the Wall as the schoolteacher magnet steals your ball. The artwork could be the most amazing in a pinball ever, their album covers alone are beyond iconic.....Alas I feel the chances a Pink Floyd themed pinball being made are about as good as the band reforming for a world tour and calling me up as their sax player (we can but dream)
He who laughs last......thinks slowest

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 07:18:14 PM »

Would not be a Pink Floyd license for the reason's mentioned above - Gilmour and Waters just would not let it happen.

If it was a music theme, it would have to be Bon Jovi. I'm not a huge fan, but they seem to have a big fanbase over 25 years. Metallica would also be an obvious choice, and if the rumors of Ozzy rejoining Black Sabbath are true, then a Black Sabbath pin would be a great idea.

Captain America would be a great theme. I think Stern have turned the corner with Transformers and AC / DC.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »
I would love to see a floyd pin but I still can't see it but you have some great ideas( I love the Animals record!)...the delicate sound of thunder tour was one of the best shows I have ever seen( unfortunately without roger)...dunno about Bon Jovi but it would sell well I guess, they have a lot of fans...like Metallica or  U2 ..not a fan but those would sell well too.
I am hoping it's Captain America or the Avengers.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 07:37:37 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 07:43:44 PM »
The 'Banana Splits' or 'The Archies' would be the way to go

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 08:30:47 PM »
The SMURFS have a serious financial resurgence. That title wouldnt surprise me.

What about a warewolf type pinball. Could be a bit hairy ! lol  %.% %.% @.@
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 08:30:56 AM »
The SMURFS have a serious financial resurgence. That title wouldnt surprise me.

What about a warewolf type pinball. Could be a bit hairy ! lol  %.% %.% @.@

Smurfs....wtf! That's one of the craziest things I have heard and I hear lots of crazy things.

Werewolf pin could be cool, as long as it is not that fag from twilight and his dopey mates.

How about.
Eurozone meltdown the pinball.
or
Extremist gangs in western sydney the pinball
or
Fun with Japanese whaling the pinball
or
David Warner the pinball

The list goes on and on and on.............

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 10:14:51 AM »

Didn't someone way that 'Alice in Wonderland' might be a likely contender..?

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »
If thy want to have an Australian theme, how about a t20 big bash machine. You could even make it like a pitch and bat machine and sell it in America as a MLB game..

Offline mildflame

• Forum Posts:
  • Barossa Valley
    • Mildflame.com
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 02:34:28 AM »
Alice in Wonderland sure would be a good interesting one but I think if stern had that machine on mind than they would have made it last year (closer to the release date of the remade movie)
Check out my website: http://mildflame.blogspot.com.au
Happy reading!