Author Topic: KISS Tour Australia 2013  (Read 3525 times)

Marty Machine

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: KISS Tour Australia 2013
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 12:50:31 AM »
You havent seen the likes of Danny Carey, and he is a modern drummer,

Don't forget to check out Derek Roddy, fast & solid  ;-)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 12:59:28 AM »
speaking of Bonham, heres Carey playing his drums in a tribute
&feature=related

you might dig that if you are a fan

Derek Roddy is a good drummer never liked the bands he has been associated with but good drummer none the less
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 01:05:17 AM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Prince

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 01:02:28 AM »
 Wow, 2001....man that was a long time ago. Had to ask you Kiss freaks about those speakers. Looking at the cabinet, I would assume so.
SC.

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 01:16:53 AM »
kiss put on a prety good show, what do the tickets usually set ya back? couldnt imagine it would be cheap, and they would sell very  fast

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 02:42:19 AM »
I Think last show I paid $350 for front row worth every cent and that was one of 3 shows

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 08:55:19 AM »
Wow, can't believe this band is still going...flogging that half dead horse to within a inch of it's life. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story or in this case....a good earn.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 10:45:01 PM »
i saw them at the adelaide oval in 79/80 when they where in fulll make up.i was in 10 feet off the stage
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 11:04:57 PM »
Wow, can't believe this band is still going...flogging that half dead horse to within a inch of it's life. Never let the truth get in the way of a good story or in this case....a good earn.

well it is after all their job, so why not i say, and from live dvds of theirs ive seen its a real production sort of show mixed with concert.
im not a fan my self of these big wanky short of shows, but i can certainly appreciate the effort, and it is what their fans are after, i could imagine the price tag being high, but the cost to run a show would be through the roof.
one of my favorite bands has a crew of 100 employed by them to do get a show going and operating and aparently that is actually a small number. thats allot of money to fly and pay them to go around, i bet kiss has allot more than a crew of 100 when they have a show. probly 20 just on makeup lol, i actually wonder how much money bands actually make from concerts. i dont recon it would be very much. I stayed back after a show to a tool concert and the band members were actually helping pull apart the stage and fold them into brief cases lol, they were to be playing in sydney the next night, so it would be allot of work and money to put on one of these shows.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 11:08:28 PM by Olivia_jason »

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 12:29:19 AM »

Kinda funny, but one quote from Simmons really sums it up for me - "If we believed the critics, we would have lasted one tour."

My favorite quotes are from Ace.

"If I knew so many guitarists were going to be influenced by me, I would have practiced more"

Molly Meldrum interviewed the band in 1980, while the band were doing a promo for the Australian tour. Each member was supposed to introduce each other. Ace was drunk. After the third take, Ace forgot his line, and looked into the camera and said "Look .. .. .. It's Rock and Roll".

Tom Schnieder interview from 1979 - Tom introduces Gene Simmons - "You are the BASS player" - He then introduces Ace (Drunk) - "You are the lead guitarist ? " - Ace responds - "No, I'm the trout player".

There's no doubt KISS set the standard for live shows in the 70's. Even their Reunion Tour was the biggest tour of 1996/97. Watch the early live shows from the mid seventies - no one was doing that kind of show on that scale.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Olivia_jason

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 12:34:07 AM »
i would have to agree, even not being a fan, kiss and floyd would have to be the most known for their big shows, of most bands

you would get your $300 bucks worth i would imagine

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »
The tour was mentioned again last night on Melbourne radio so I reckon this tour will happen gee I hope so

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
The tour was mentioned again last night on Melbourne radio so I reckon this tour will happen gee I hope so

Peter

World Tour supporting the new album will see them here in 2013. Bookmark it Peter.

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 09:35:57 PM »
Arrrrrrrrr the cringe-worthy old footy show performance is clearly going to be remembered for a LONG LONG time  #@# :lol #@#

DW Drums rule !

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 11:47:58 PM »
KISS and Motley Crew playing at the clipsal 500 on March 3 2013 in Adelaide, all other Australian dates to be announced next Wednesday so can't wait. Four old blokes rocking down under lol

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 11:58:09 PM »
KISS and Motley Crew playing at the clipsal 500 on March 3 2013 in Adelaide, all other Australian dates to be announced next Wednesday so can't wait. Four old blokes rocking down under lol

Peter

Interesting development. My news is a mid to late 2013 Australian Tour, but that may have been moved forward to coincide with the end of the South American leg of the tour ? But you never know - They will no doubt have ANOTHER World Tour for the 40th Anniversary. Not many noteworthy bands still playing Arenas and Stadiums for 40 consecutive years.

Their last album "Sonic Boom" was absolute garbage. But their new album "Monster" is simply awesome. I might have to drag out my KISS Army T-Shirt and take my 8 year old son who plays air drums (on his Wii Drum Set) to "God of Thunder". Who would have thought that in 1976, I heard "Rock and Roll all Nite" on the radio, and 38 years later, I'm taking my first born to his first concert ? Ironically, my first concert was KISS in 1980 at VFL Park.