Author Topic: KISS Tour Australia 2013  (Read 3522 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: KISS Tour Australia 2013
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 01:27:14 AM »
Got the email today Nino about the tour it's on.

Peter

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 02:35:33 AM »
i got to ask Nino what is your favorite bit of Kiss Merchandise you own?? being a kiss guy you must have pretty big collection is there something in particular you collect of theirs like sign tour bill posters or something? or just everything?

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 08:02:18 AM »
Totally agree with Monster being a great album.  The closest they have been to the good old days for some time.
Addicted to pins.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:53 PM »
Got the email today Nino about the tour it's on.

Peter

No doubting you at all Peter. I was wondering how the "Monster" tour would coincide with the "40th Anniversary" tour. It might turn into a Festival tour - Rock AM Ring, Donnington etc..

i got to ask Nino what is your favorite bit of Kiss Merchandise you own?? being a kiss guy you must have pretty big collection is there something in particular you collect of theirs like sign tour bill posters or something? or just everything?

That's a hard question. Most Valuable is the pinball. Rarest would be original Icy Pole wrappers which I kept. I have the "Rock and Roll Over" album cover, the KISS logo from double platinum and a backdrop of flames on my left upper arm. Gene and Paul signed it at the Melbourne Convention in 1993 (private meeting with the press), and then I had their signatures inked permanently.

My personal collection is worth well over $50K. I collect tour book and T-Shirts. I have an original T-Shirt from the early 70's. It features the debut album cover, but it was not released on that tour. I also collect Tribute albums. I have the "Hard to Believe" RED vinyl double album (featuring Nirvana) signed by Paul and Gene. The look on their face when I handed the album to them to sign was priceless.

Totally agree with Monster being a great album.  The closest they have been to the good old days for some time.

I think the production has a lot to do with it. They decided to record the album using analogue equipment and the sound is a lot more "raw" than the modern sound. It had the "feel" of Bob Ezrin's productions. Closer to "Revenge" than "Destroyer", but most of the songs could have easily fit on "Love Gun". I also think that a decision was made to allow Singer and Thayer to "be themselves" rather than sound like Criss and Frehley. There is only one Ace Frehley. Thayer really shines on this album. It is a modern album with tried and trusted recording and production. Songs are strong - "Long way down" is simply awesome.

Sonic Boom and Psycho Circus were both really fractured and disorganized albums. Monster will be considered a classic, and it gives a real kick in the pants to modern bands, and KISS' peers. The new Aerosmith album is an absolute piece of crap next to Monster.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Pintoxicated

• Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2012, 11:32:33 PM »
We're on the same page mate, Long Way Down is the pick of the album for me as well.  That song seems to keep building and gets better as it goes.  Find myself singing plenty of the Monster songs in my head all day.

One notable feature is the lack of an all out American rock anthem e.g God Gave Rock n Roll To You.  They way over did these IMHO.

The thing I really like about Monster, if you knew nothing about Kiss, there's no way you would think these guys are as old as they are by the sound of these songs.
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2012, 09:10:02 AM »
Yep love monster it has some great tracks and tomorrow the tour dates will be out exciting times ahead.

Peter

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
Yep love monster it has some great tracks and tomorrow the tour dates will be out exciting times ahead.

Peter

On the Clipsal website now. I'm surprised the Crue will be traveling with Mick Mar's health issues, but I will definitely see a couple of these shows.

For those that think KISS at old and washed up, I suggest you watch this video. Their last tour. Not bad for two guys pushing 60 - and they pay tribute to "The Who" in the middle of the song. Probably worth Fast forwarding the into to the 1 minute mark.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:08 AM »
Great video yeah the clipsal date is out but tomorrow we get the Australian tour dates.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 10:33:02 AM »
Lots of pretty lights and pyrotechnics and not much else.
I am sure you guys will enjoy this tour heaps though.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinballheaven

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
 Just Received this email!

KISS and Mötley Crüe PREMIUM PACKAGES
on sale now!

THE WORLD’S BIGGEST ROCK BANDS ON ONE STAGE
Rock’n’roll doesn’t get any bigger than this!

Legendary rock band KISS will perform an arena mode concert at Etihad Stadium on March 5, 2013.

In the news Melburnian rock lovers have been waiting for, KISS with special guests Motley Crue will perform at Etihad Stadium in March next year.

KISS and Mötley Crüe’s 45 show US summer tour has already gone down as one helluva rock’n’roll extravaganza and now, finally, its Australia’s turn!

Not only has it been five long years since KISS last toured Australia, but 2013 marks a very special milestone for this great band – their 40th anniversary. In all their bombastic and unstoppable glory, KISS will perform fan favourites from their treasure-trove of hits along with tracks from their just–released 20th studio album ‘Monster’, which debuted at #7 on the ARIA Charts.

Secure your tickets before the general public and experience this spectacle in style with an Etihad Stadium's Premium Package!

ETIHAD STADIUM PREMIUM PACKAGES

Premium Dinner Package - $599 per person
With premium Level 2 seating, this dinner package includes your VIP entry to the function, a three course sit down dinner prior to the concert and so much more...

For further information please contact our the Etihad Stadium Sales Team on (03) 8625 7444 or email sales@etihadstadium.com.au

EtihadStadium.com.au  |  UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK

This email was sent to you by Melbourne Stadiums Ltd, Etihad Stadium Docklands.
You are receiving this email because your email address was used for a Membership, ticket purchase or you signed up via our website.

If you no longer wish to receive promotional emails from Etihad Stadium you may unsubscribe on the above unsubscribe link.
If you cannot unsubscribe by this method please submit your unsubscribe request to promotions@etihadstadium.com.au

Offline studley67

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • adelaide hills
    • facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2012, 05:18:29 PM »
excuse my ignorance,but who is in the current line up?? march clipsal may go.pitty it wasn't formula 1.bloody vics stole that from us.lol %.%
Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2012, 06:23:43 PM »
excuse my ignorance,but who is in the current line up?? march clipsal may go.pitty it wasn't formula 1.bloody vics stole that from us.lol %.%

Simmons, Stanley, Thayer and Singer. I've not been too enthusiastic about this line up. Funnily enough Eric Singer is one of my favorite drummers. Ace Frehley is doing much better on his own (musically and creatively), at the expense of a heavy paycheck. Frehley was never about the money - he just wanted to play guitar.

Anyway - The new album is absolutely fantastic. I'll be going to the Etihad Show - ironically, the last show I attended was also KISS at Etihad.

Offline delarge

• Forum Posts:
  • Wagg Wagga, NSW
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16:27 PM »
Fingers crossed I get tickets for Etihad when they go on sale on Friday. Not worth signing up to the KISS Army at this late stage?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2012, 09:35:10 PM »
Tickets on sale 22/11 there's two shows in Melbourne Adam so you will get a ticket! I could have today with kiss army pre sale but at $450 each and I have 3 kids ill wait for GA.

Peter

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2012, 08:43:41 PM »
Sorry boys, but Adelaide comes out the winner for pricing on this one

$83 gets you a one day pass to the Clipsal 500 on raceday AND access to the KISS/Motley Crue concert that night.

When was the last time a double (triple?) header like that was under $100?

Sometimes we do get things right over here.  #*#

Plus this time there will be no Ennio Morricone concert/racing clash like last year.... ^.^