Author Topic: New in Box STERN purchases of TRON, TRANSFORMERS, IRONMAN plus others  (Read 908 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
There doesnt seem to be many AP members on the last 12 months that have purchased a Brand New in Box Stern title. ?

I thought it might be a great idea for anyone who has purchased a NEW in BOX STERN to add a few photos or a video or a unboxing video to this thread etc.

Whether it be a TRANSFORMERS, or a TRON or a IRON MAN, or any other title, why not throw on a picture or a video and tell the other members about your purchase and how u are finding your recent addition. Alot of members I reckon would love to share in the experience of seeing anyone from AP share their new STERN pinny.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Good idea bring on the videos ^^^

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Biggest problem is that if you have just recieved a new game, filming the unboxing is the last thing on your mind
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:14:37 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Biggest problem is that if you have just recieved a new game, filming the unboxing is the last thing on your mind

+1.....I left the box at the shop I was that keen to get it home... ya dont play the box!
I am about to buy a new HD video camera.....clips to come of a very ugly man playing pinball!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:42:00 PM by Cow Corner »
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cursed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Tasmania

+1.....I left the box at the shop I was that keen to get it home... ya dont play the box!
I am about to buy a new HD video camera.....clips to come of a very ugly man playing pinball!

Thats ok, long as you are playing your Iron Man i can overlook the ugly man....... %.%

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
What are the dimensions of a new pinball in box as I need to know if it will fit in my VZ wagon a pinball out of box does but with all the packing I'm not confident :)

Peter

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
The box is not much bigger than the machine
I will go to my shed and measure later today

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
any more photos Pete, thats looking like what we all crave !  ^^^

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
That top pic is a Spiderman still in its box

Batman after bring it home

In the house

on its legs

and backbox up
(please note the high-end leg protectors ;)  )

You will also see a couple of sheets of paper, one is standard Stern 'How to set up your pinball machine' the other one was a warning about moving the crane by hand, which is also covered in the manual on several pages
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 12:24:13 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Iron man came with the Iron Monger assembly well packed with foam

Sorry, I have never taken a pic of the goodie bag (replacement plastics, Key fobs (only spiderman) few bulbs, the balls, tilt bob, Instrution manual (usually incomplete) various instruction cards)

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
Stern box dimentions are 760mm wide, 1430mm high

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
Specification:
Boxed dimensions:
H:56"; W:31"; D:31"; Weight: 285lbs

Unboxed Dimensions:
H: 75 1/2 ", W: 27 ", D: 55"
Weight: 250lbs

Please excuse the imperial measurments..

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
is it just me, or did u end up spray painting a very neat black kine/edge on the bottom of your batman machine. ? (not the ugly factory black overspray u can see on the bottom of the batman machine - which I think Stern did a lousy job on) You can even see overspray on the side of the cabinet decals right down the bottom along the edge. ? then it looks like it has been fixed in the next photo ?

If i bought a NIB Stern, and it turned up like that, with the bodgy black paint over the bottom (which is there for what reason ?  !@#) I would/may be pissed off.

Is it an optical illusion Pete or has some neat black edge work been done by you or someone on the bottom of the Batman.?

It looks a million dollars sitting up ready for a game.  ^^^ Wheres the spiderman, did u keep it or sell it Pete?  

anyone else got any more NEW Stern photos etc.   ^^^
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 05:58:53 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
The black line is Sterns work, no idea why

there are also some dents in the cabinet near the credit button, surprisingly, the same dents are in my Monopoly
(maybe Stern uses the old Leyland P76 factory)

But then we do have Sterns wonderfull QC

« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 06:09:57 PM by Pop Bumper Pete »

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Thanks Boys for the dims and Pete for the awesome photos you've made me more excited now $#$ I thought they'd be better packed than that but if it works who cares. I want to pick mine up and that will all be videoed all part of the journey oh and can it be laid down on its side/back for a 30min ride home?

Peter ^^^
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 08:33:56 PM by GORGAR 1 »