Author Topic: Slam Tilt issues-Alvin G  (Read 1109 times)

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: Slam Tilt issues-Alvin G
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 10:26:55 AM »
I have never seen a flat battery cause these problems. the last alvin.g I worked on had a lithium button style battery does yours have that type of battery (just curios).
just check if it has leaked as mentioned.

If that broken wire was touching any of the metal in the machine or another wire that could be the cause of your reset and slam tilt issues.

keep going mate, you'll get there

Thanks Andrew yeah mine has the flat type battery but it doesn't make very good contact as the metal tab doesn't really push hard down on the battery so I've tried to build it up abit #@# One of the wires near the flippers has also come off it goes to the "not sure what its called" but it stops the flippers from sparking  @.@ anyway I've left that is that OK to leave and would that cause the machine to play-up?

Peter

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 01:06:09 AM »
it might be the wire to the end of stroke switch (EOS). if this is the case then that flipper would be very weak. take a photo of the wire so we can verify this. solder it on when you can but until then put some insulation tape over the end so it doesn't short to anything.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2012, 11:47:16 AM »
After packing the battery I've played about 10 games and it has not reset or slam tilted yet so hopefully that was the issue and heres a pic of the broken wire.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2012, 03:11:59 PM »
Ok, it's not the EOS. I misunderstood your last post.  @.@
you will need to replace that capacitor when you can, if it is not connected the life of your EOS will be shortened.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 03:14:29 PM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
This machine has a mind of its own ^&( played it today and it went spastic during a game the volume went flat out then all coils started firing and the scores went crazy WTF? could this be battery related as its still just sitting in a loose holder not making the best contact..Peter

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
How much for CASH?   &&   *)*
Addicted to pins.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts: