Author Topic: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS  (Read 1884 times)

Offline Prince

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2012, 10:50:55 PM »
Videos were great Brett.
Guys, do you reckon Steve Ritchie's programmed high score of 75m is achievable?
SC.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
ANT68, from what I have been told, YES the head is on the lower playfield, however, its not anywhere near as prominent, but there has been talk of it only appearing on the PRO model with the final touches on the LE/Premium whitewoods just being finalised and changed. Production of anything Premium and LE will still not start for many weeks, at least mid march. Apparently the feedback was to lessen the face art to a minimum on the other models and get rid of if possible but retain the lower playfield.

Anyone who wants a LE model, shld contact Bruce because "a very small extra amount" of LE stock has been designated for Australia after dealer requests to the USA, and some people havent paid deposits/cancelled etc. It would pay to register your interest with Bruce of AMD for either of the LE models. "NONE" being available is NOT set in stone. Thats the feedback i recieved when visiting the gents at AMD. Things change very easily. Register your desire for a LE and keep a watch on your email and mobile phone over the coming few weeks.  ^^^  But, having said that, I still believe the Pro model is T'riffic and may play faster than the LE. Any model of the AC/DC pin is a winner. See ya guys. It was fun doing the AC/DC thing.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 08:03:12 AM »
Thanks Brett

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 09:20:30 AM »
I've read somewhere that the artwork on lower mini playfield on the LE's is FLAMES ????
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 09:48:04 AM »
I've read somewhere that the artwork on lower mini playfield on the LE's is FLAMES ????
That would look great in flames,with that area to be lit in red,it would give it the effect of being in HELL  !*!.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2012, 08:38:47 AM »
Thanks for the effort with the updates and vids Brett, game play looks interesting and the music has got to make this the best music themed pin (apologies to GnR fans).

The face is a problem though - really detracts, and unlike a bad backglass, a little harder to ignore!!

Time to think up an overlay for that area, and then we can have that Kiss guy selling $10K AC/DC sticker specials!!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2012, 10:43:37 PM »
Thanks Nick.  ^^^

Its funny you say that about the head etc with the overlay, cause I actually was seriously thinking of being brave enough "just to upset the purists" of getting out a $20 electric jigsaw, cutting out the angus head, making a clear perspex window the same shape of the angus head, putting a 7 inch or 10 inch LCD screen running a looping video of some wicked AC/DC stage movies/clips, adding some flashing LED's around the edge of the perspex window, and making a one off custom AC/DC Pro etc.  and the sad part about it, is that I am just crazy enough to do it.  && && && &&   (but i wont try to sell it for extra money on ebay, unless someone likes it and offers me some extra money ontop of what i payed for it.)  #@# #@#

why not, u only live once. I mean its the cheapest brand new stern ever at $5950. Might be worth doing something seriously custom ! (stay tuned.lol)  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ 

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2012, 02:22:11 AM »
might be the greatest pin since Gilligans Island and/or Starship Troopers

Offline Av8

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 09:33:29 PM »
Thanks for great review, pics and VIDEO.  New to the forum.  Im in Florida USA and we are starving for good info here.  Stern sent the first batch overseas.  I heard this was because of shipping time and they are still working on the game code!  It should get even better.  Im pulling the trigger on this one.  Dropping the cash today.   #*#  Getting Shaker motor to for extra 150USD. 

My Pins: LOTR, RFM, LW3
Past Pins: STTNG, NGG, Taxi

My Pins: LOTR, RFM, LW3 Past Pins: STTNG, NGG, Ta

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »
Thanks for great review, pics and VIDEO.  New to the forum.  Im in Florida USA and we are starving for good info here.  Stern sent the first batch overseas.  I heard this was because of shipping time and they are still working on the game code!  It should get even better.  Im pulling the trigger on this one.  Dropping the cash today.   #*#  Getting Shaker motor to for extra 150USD. 

Welcome to AP,and nice to see you have purchased this title.We are all waiting for pics of the Premiums and LE versions here also.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2012, 11:09:42 PM »
Welcome AV8 from Florida USA to the forum. Lots of top guys on here. I am glad u enjoyed the review n videos etc etc. Hopefully you can share the info with as many friends/pinball hobbyists as you can as it would be great to get alot more overseas members.  ^^^

Thanks for posting.  ^^^ ^^^

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2012, 11:13:20 PM »
I actually was seriously thinking of being brave enough "just to upset the purists" of getting out a $20 electric jigsaw, cutting out the angus head

Go on, do it.! I'd love to see that. 

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2012, 11:19:18 PM »
I am so tempted to do a full custom job out of a Pro since I will never sell it. To most, watching the video of me with a jigsaw spinning away at 11,000 rpm's, it would be like watching a horror movie.lol lol  %.% %.%

I will have to see what electronics are under the head, and if spare Play fields are avail incase i cock it right up.  @.@
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 11:52:08 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
I am so tempted to do a full custom job out of a Pro since I will never see it. To most, watching the video of me with a jigsaw spinning away at 11,000 rpm's, it would be like watching a horror movie.lol lol  %.% %.%

I will have to see what electronics are under the head, and if spare Play fields are avail incase i cock it right up.  @.@

The electronics can be moved, and there is always BOG..  Bogs gotta look better than the ugly mug thats there presently.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #59 on: February 10, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »

Gday mate and welcome,
I would love to get to Florida one day...there are some brilliant golf courses there!! One day.....
Nice selection of pins there too and getting shker motors for $150 is damn sweet...LOTR is a great game did you shaker it up? Stern pins seem to work really well with shaker motors..theme wise etc...or is it just me?
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"