Author Topic: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS  (Read 1879 times)

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: FIRST PLAY OF AC/DC DONE ! NEW PHOTOS N NEW VIDEOS
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2012, 11:27:59 PM »
I am so tempted to do a full custom job out of a Pro since I will never see it. To most, watching the video of me with a jigsaw spinning away at 11,000 rpm's, it would be like watching a horror movie.lol lol  %.% %.%

I will have to see what electronics are under the head, and if spare Play fields are avail incase i cock it right up.  @.@

The electronics can be moved, and there is always BOG..  Bogs gotta look better than the ugly mug thats there presently.

*%*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2012, 11:40:44 PM »
the idea about chopping the head out of the Pro is really to give someone who really hates the head/face but enjoys the AC/DC Pro a alternative without spending the extra on the LE or Premium.

it would be a very bold move to get the jigsaw out, but i think we will all find alot of mods available in 6 months for all the new Sterns given the huge amount of creativity out there. I wonder what a spare playfield would cost from Stern and if it would be available ?
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2012, 11:51:06 PM »
the idea about chopping the head out of the Pro is really to give someone who really hates the head/face but enjoys the AC/DC Pro a alternative without spending the extra on the LE or Premium.

it would be a very bold move to get the jigsaw out, but i think we will all find alot of mods available in 6 months for all the new Sterns given the huge amount of creativity out there. I wonder what a spare playfield would cost from Stern and if it would be available ?

It could be the coolest home mod ever acheived or it could win pinballs version of funniest home video's grand final !@#

Offline Av8

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2012, 06:24:12 AM »
What is ACDC 's status?  Are they still Touring? Is see they have a new DVD coming. 

As for the Pro.  Collectors are going to come out with several Mods.  May be even an overlay.  A big Aussie flag with guitar would be my choice. They made a NGG playfield overlay that fit perfect.  Almost undetectable.

Stern is a little backed up and my Pro will not ship for 7-10 days.  Can anyone post more videos?  Ill do the same. 

What does it cost to ship a pin to Aus?  I have RFM (2750 USD) and LW3 (900 USD) soon togo on market.
My Pins: LOTR, RFM, LW3 Past Pins: STTNG, NGG, Ta

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2012, 08:59:27 AM »
What is ACDC 's status?  Are they still Touring? Is see they have a new DVD coming. 

I reckon their status would be see them while you can before they have to be wheeled onto a stage.
They did a world tour for the black ice record last yr.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2012, 10:14:28 AM »

I reckon their status would be see them while you can before they have to be wheeled onto a stage.

..Gone into the production of crap wine and pinball machines.... the big cash in while you can!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »
What is ACDC 's status?  Are they still Touring? Is see they have a new DVD coming.  

..Gone into the production of crap wine and pinball machines.... the big cash in while you can!

Yep they are prob down to their last 100 mil or so each and need a top up before heading off to the old rockers home.
I haven't tried the plonk..is it that bad? Just by defintion acdc wine doesn't sound right..... :lol...I just couldn't do it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 10:47:47 AM by Cow Corner »

Offline Replay

• Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2012, 01:48:44 PM »
if people dont like a machine or are not interested in a title that is fine, but I
dont see the need to keep going on and on about it like a broken record.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2012, 02:16:13 PM »
Off topic and inappropriate posts have been removed. Keep it civil gentleman.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »

As for the Pro.  Collectors are going to come out with several Mods.  May be even an overlay.  A big Aussie flag with guitar would be my choice. They made a NGG playfield overlay that fit perfect.  Almost undetectable.

Stern is a little backed up and my Pro will not ship for 7-10 days.  Can anyone post more videos?  Ill do the same. 

What does it cost to ship a pin to Aus?  I have RFM (2750 USD) and LW3 (900 USD) soon togo on market.

AC / DC are one of the best live acts in the world, and their "Black Ice" tour was amazing. It is a tribute to the band that they have a pinball in their honor, and a great business decision by Stern to buy this license. The release of this machine and Jersey Jack's "Wizard of Oz" is a sign that the industry is still going stong.

Off topic and inappropriate posts have been removed. Keep it civil gentleman.

I concur. If select members have nothing constructive to add, then don't post. Simple.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2012, 03:00:06 PM »
if people dont like a machine or are not interested in a title that is fine, but I

I couldn't agree more.....
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2012, 06:58:26 PM »

Couldn't agree more BUT THERE'S CERTAIN PEOPLE ON THIS SITE THAT JUST WHINGE ABOUT EVERYTHING you know who you are just pull ya head in ...

Peter

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2012, 10:32:14 PM »
What makes a 'select member'.? Is that someone lower than admin but ranked higher than a pleb..?   *)*

Meanwhile, I wonder how much a license like AC/DC costs.?

500 odd LE's and 9k a pop ($4.5m gross)
say, 1750 Pros and 6k a pop ($10.5m gross)

Gross sales:  $15mil

Lets speculate a 25% nett profit minus licensing.?

What are we left with.? 2mil in the bank and 2mil for licensing.?

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2012, 11:55:58 PM »
I guess a select member is select by means of the content of their post...

You left out the Premiums, by the way, and probably they will sell more than 1750 Pro's but we will have to wait and see (do they release sales figures?). I suspect they will be set up for years to come with this title. The word 'blockbuster' comes to mind.

Offline Av8

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2012, 01:41:43 AM »
ACDC sold more then 71 Million albums in US alone.  Those listeners/punks are growing into peak earning years and a middle life crisis.  I bet they sell the hell out of this.

1) When was the last REAL pinball rock title?  Rolling Stones and Elvis dont count! DE Guns n Roses?  GNR still sells for 3500 over here if you can find them. 

2) Its a mans machine.  Ie No Disney, Comic book Title or Toys. This is a BAR and gameroom machine.

Did you guys hear Steve Ritchies live interview?
http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2012/roundup044_2012.02.htm

My Pins: LOTR, RFM, LW3 Past Pins: STTNG, NGG, Ta