Author Topic: Build Log: DC Watchmen Widebody 46"/32"/XpinDMD  (Read 21110 times)

Offline Sinbad79

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Thanks vinito - appreciate the feedback.
I'll check out the clip tonight when i get home from work.

The cabinet is only half the challenge, getting the hardware and software "tuned" so that the thing is actually playable as intended is the hard work... still to come. However yes, it really is a good looking machine IMO, in real life the 2 pack paint and clear really does set it off... the paint is flat, reflective like glass - especially after a nice polish/wax. Cant describe how nice it is to look at in real life. I'm very happy with it thus far.

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
Re: Build Log: DC Watchmen Widebody 46"/32"/XpinDMD
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 01:28:49 PM »
That is one very neat machine.  ^^^ Excellent work. I am looking at making the same type as yours. I would be interested to know how much it has cost so far.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 03:31:10 PM »
Thanks!

Machine cost (finished) is around $5k all up, i have gone all out on it though.
From high grade (non shrink) vinyl for the decals, to 2pack paint and clear coat etc etc.... to Allen Bradley contactors for the feedback. Its not a cheap exercise if you're considering it, although, im sure it can be done much cheaper than mine, i'm just anal about these things....

Offline Boots

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 11:10:40 AM »
Was fortunate enough to see this machine in the flesh on the weekend and it looks even better than the photos.
Evan has done an awesome job on this and the Watchmen is a great theme for a pinball.

Offline Sinbad79

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 11:35:36 AM »
Was fortunate enough to see this machine in the flesh on the weekend and it looks even better than the photos.
Evan has done an awesome job on this and the Watchmen is a great theme for a pinball.

Thanks Chris, i have to admit, it has come up better than i had hoped for, it really is a thing of beauty to be honest.
Let's hope the gameplay is up to par when i eventually get around to finishing it.
I'll post up some more pictures and perhaps a video or two when done.

If i had the skills to build a virtual table from scratch (like some of the guys over at vpforums) then i'd definitely spend some time building a fantasy Watchen table for it...

Was good to meet you as well btw.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:06:48 PM by Sinbad79 »

Offline dealers choice

• Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock, N.S.W
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2016, 05:01:06 PM »
Just wondering what brand and model screen you used for the play field as I've finished my back box and have a cab ready to fit a screen.
I'm not cranky, I just want MORE pins!