Author Topic: AC/DC - Stern - 2012 - 1st release review  (Read 22156 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC - review
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 01:02:32 PM »
I just want to add to why I gave a review.....

- I knew that some people may want to apply some mods to their new investment - pride of joy, so thought this was a opportunity to share with others as sited machines blinged up don't come around that often - a try before you buy experience.
- in another thread there was talk of cabinet protectors so it was a opportunity to give people a visual of what it looks like giving some people a choice - should I or shouldn't I buy them / fit them, or what flavour pincab's should I put on
- same again with sub kits, leds and mirror blades - wouldn't you hate to spend the dollars ($400 - $500 for these items) and put it on and go mmmm that looks worse or has minimal effect for $ spent

At the end of the day I knew I wasn't going to buy one, though Cavey did have a very positive review and credit to him if you are collector of the latest Stern pinballs or a fan of AC/DC as I think he captured the hype and excitement of what is to come and shared it with so many people - helping so many people.

But in saying that I was never going to buy one, and went there mainly to see what the hype was all about. I must say that I was surprised and enjoyed my experience and will go back to play it again but like I said the theme and layout is not what I prefer - each to there own.

Lastly I am the type of person that likes to do a bit of research before spending some big dollars and I appreciate when someone else can share with others (including me) an objective review about a product. I have watched the buzz along with lots of people throwing big dollars with only seeing a few photos. Therefore if I can help others view it from a slightly different perspective and it then helps them cement the deal then I am happy to share. And if you do get the machine without playing it, base it on the theme, a review from pinball news, cavey and myself remember they are our own opinions and yours might differ so don't blame us....

Tomorrow I head to AMD to get some parts and hopefully have another go (if any left there) and maybe the guys there can educate me about some of the goals within the game so I can relay on to you all. If you want me to find out anything just ask.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts