Author Topic: AC/DC - Stern - 2012 - 1st release review  (Read 22177 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC - Stern - 2012 - 1st release review
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
I played a sited Premium today just down the road from my place, not a bad machine though the return lane from the bell is a killer when sometimes it comes out of the pops and straight down the drain where on the Pro it has the little spring to send the ball to the side. I like the drop targets compared to the pro but very bored of the bottom playfield - ended up selecting songs to avoid this playfield. The game still plays fast with the drops, a shame they didn't make the Premium with no bottom playfield but with drops and then the LE has all the bells and whistles.

The lighting was great, as the swinging bell and the TNT detonator activates fast.

Sad that Stern could not spend a few more dollars on a moving modelled band, a modelled cap to replace the block on the top of the bell and a modelled cannon like the train on the Premium and LE's - just looks a little crappy - leaves it open for people to develop a few mods I suppose.

Overall not bad, one of the better Sterns but SM, IM and Tron are better unless if you are a AC/DC fan then you will love this.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts