Author Topic: AC/DC - Stern - 2012 - 1st release review  (Read 22166 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: AC/DC - review
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »

The only negative is the canon being that I am short will view of the RHS inlane is partialy obstructed.

Chris

LOL
I hope I'm taller than you
hmmmmmm
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2012, 07:23:10 PM »

The only negative is the canon being that I am short will view of the RHS inlane is partialy obstructed.

Chris

LOL
I hope I'm taller than you
hmmmmmm

I think whether you are tall or short the cannon does obstruct the view
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2012, 10:15:39 PM »

4. The figure near the pops is a extra by luke I think as it was not on the Pro.

Yes I thought this was a mod, good honest write-up  ^^^
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2012, 11:16:35 PM »
thanks for the update Swinksy.   ^^^   It was good to see you got a game on the AMD Pro.  U were a bit of a detective to find that programming error with that cannon button etc.

I was dam sure I got both loops from both flippers but I believe you. We were pretty excited with the music raging so the first thing i will try when mine arrives is too get a loop again from both sides. Its such a quick game, the ball just fly's around everywhere.  Time cant go fast enough to the AC/DC delivery dates.  ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Greg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • rtbb.com.au
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2012, 10:52:02 AM »
Went to AMD to get some parts and have a game on the LE Transformers and AC/DC

3. for Brett - the shooting a ball up the left side completes a loop around to the right but shooting up the right side does no complete a loop to the left

Jady
what stops the the ball going up the right side ?  is it a pop up post?  as I think they can be turned off/on via the software on a few  different Stern games
http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/
We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2012, 01:21:11 PM »
Went to AMD to get some parts and have a game on the LE Transformers and AC/DC

3. for Brett - the shooting a ball up the left side completes a loop around to the right but shooting up the right side does no complete a loop to the left

Jady
what stops the the ball going up the right side ?  is it a pop up post?  as I think they can be turned off/on via the software on a few  different Stern games

It's a one way metal gate to the left of the pops by the looks (similar to the one on IM with the centre spinner that hooks around to the right into the pops) and I say this as I could not get the ball around because if you do a medium hit up the right side and around the top the ball flows into the pops, if you do a hard hit the ball goes into the ball lock and release ejecting the ball ball into the pops. I could be wrong but could not confirm 100% as not able to remove glass to suss out. check out the photo care over pinball news.

Not to be confused you can hit the ball from the flipper s up to the top via the rhs but not a loop formation as far as I could achieve / see.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2012, 09:17:40 PM »
Only one word will describe this game properly and that word is shite!
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline swinks

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: AC/DC - Stern - 2012 - 1st release review
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2012, 03:12:56 PM »
I played a sited Premium today just down the road from my place, not a bad machine though the return lane from the bell is a killer when sometimes it comes out of the pops and straight down the drain where on the Pro it has the little spring to send the ball to the side. I like the drop targets compared to the pro but very bored of the bottom playfield - ended up selecting songs to avoid this playfield. The game still plays fast with the drops, a shame they didn't make the Premium with no bottom playfield but with drops and then the LE has all the bells and whistles.

The lighting was great, as the swinging bell and the TNT detonator activates fast.

Sad that Stern could not spend a few more dollars on a moving modelled band, a modelled cap to replace the block on the top of the bell and a modelled cannon like the train on the Premium and LE's - just looks a little crappy - leaves it open for people to develop a few mods I suppose.

Overall not bad, one of the better Sterns but SM, IM and Tron are better unless if you are a AC/DC fan then you will love this.

for pinball t-shirts

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2012, 04:51:19 PM »
Mine has a post with a rubber on it so as when the ball exits the pops or bell it never has once gone down the guts the post deviates the ball to the right flipper..

Peter ^^^

Offline PSY

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2012, 01:17:22 PM »
comprehensive review - nice -

when I played this game I was constantly confused at first - so many bright leds on the machine I played made it hard for me to follow the ball..maybe I need glasses - but I def prefer machines which are not made to give people seizures

Offline dendoc

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2012, 11:54:18 AM »
Thanks for the review. Awaiting delivery of my premium AcDc NIB in late January. Bought it without playing one yet because every place around here only has the pro model on the floor. Would have liked a LE but they have vanished. Re the "bias" in review- of course personal opinion will vary. If the review stars their two favorite machines at the time, it would give readers an indication of their tastes which would be helpful. I'm adding the new machine to TZ, STNG and Simpsons party pinball, so that's the flavor of my game room!

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
Congrats on your new purchase you won't be disappointed its a fun fast and crazy title you will keep coming back for more.

Peter

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
Congrats on your purchase, you won't be dissapointed *%* One of the BEST Stern titles imo 
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2012, 01:41:06 PM »
Well done on your new AC/DC Premium purchase....alot of us who own a AC/DC machine are very happy with the purchase 6 months on...definately a keeper for sure....(also TZ and STNG and Simpsons are all great games as well)......let us know when it arrives and maybe a photo or two of the unboxing, always a favourite on Aussie Pinball.  Well done   ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 03:48:31 PM »
Your purchase so late in the title run adds to the status of a great title. There are knockers out there but when you read all the forums, AC/DC is a classic keeper and will not disappoint in years to come.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,