Author Topic: When do u find time to play your pins??  (Read 363 times)

Offline Dirty daz

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Forum Posts:
When do u find time to play your pins??
« on: February 16, 2012, 01:50:20 PM »
When do u find time to play your pins??
For me i usualy play for 1/2 to an hour per nite after work with my son(10 yo), He 's not a bad player, some times our scores are so close, many times one of us has won by a mere 1-200 points
usualy play on a sunday as well ,some times the whole family joins in, fun times !!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: When do u find time to play your pins??
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 07:00:36 PM »

Whenever I'm in the mood. Sometimes, when no one is home, I immerse myself playing Paragon. It is one game that I like to challenge for my high score. I have to "play test" games I restore, so I usually have something else to play. I've promised myself I'll complete one of my keepers. I really enjoy the meets where I play games that other people enjoy, that I might never own.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 07:20:36 PM »
last night for the first time in a few months, I went n turned on every game in the house and got the kids to help me play a game on every machine just to keep all the moving parts n electrical boards oiled so to speak. Sort of like taking the sports car for a spin around the block to keep the battery charged up.lol

sometimes after a long day at work, standing in front of a machine can be tedious. sometimes its not a issue and u can play for a few hours. its all fun.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 07:24:11 PM »
I need to make more time
it has been a while since I turned on a game, most machines are packed away in storage, but normaly I am just to tired to play the games I have set up

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 07:35:59 PM »
Always got time...too much time actually...thanks to Beaky for dropping in today for a few games.
It was cool,cheers mate.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline FreePlay

• Forum Posts:
  • Lewisham, Sydney
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 09:35:02 PM »
After work, usually with a beer or 2

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 09:51:25 PM »
last night for the first time in a few months, I went n turned on every game in the house and got the kids to help me play a game on every machine just to keep all the moving parts n electrical boards oiled so to speak. Sort of like taking the sports car for a spin around the block to keep the battery charged up.lol

sometimes after a long day at work, standing in front of a machine can be tedious. sometimes its not a issue and u can play for a few hours. its all fun.  ^^^

SHIT BRETT well that explained the power surge we had in victoria if you turned on all your games   %.%

Never play mine had eltimbo over this arvo he turned a few on i never even touched them.   

Every now and then i might flick one on have a game  but not often enough

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:52:52 PM »
Forgot to add.   There is always play testing going on but never just turn one on for a game

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 10:22:39 PM »
Anytime on the weekends, but during the week, only after the kids have done their homework  *%*

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 11:17:48 PM »
Whenever the mood takes me , but not very often lately as too busy with Resto work.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2012, 08:59:35 AM »

Usually when everyone has gone to bed for me. I enjoy it most when I know there's no family things I should be part of, so sleep has to give way to playing - good trade off I think!! I used to come home from the office to play at lunchtime every day, back when I was a partner in a big firm and hating the daily grind. Don't seem to need to do that at all anymore.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »
Not often enough lately, haven't really been in the mood.  Maybe once a week at the moment

Offline Richyrich

• Forum Posts:
  • Mansfield, VIC.
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2012, 11:17:18 AM »
usually most days
its too easy ,when your pins are in your office

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2012, 04:50:13 PM »
All depends on if i feel like playing, i've had a few times where i try to play a game, and im just not into it and i'll just switch it off mid game  !@)

Its very sporadic with me.. sometimes i'll play at least one machine every day, or there'll be times where i'll go a whole week or so without even turning a game on!
But generally i'll try to have a game or two on at least one of my machines each day. Sometimes i'll turn them all on and play one game on each machine.

Plus working from home now and having the bulk of my machines in my workspace means i can have a game anytime i feel like it  #*#
Also i have one game set up im my dining room (soon to be two) which means i dont have to go down to the shed to play pins.. only trouble with that though is i sometimes have to wait til everyone else is out of the house  :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:58:35 PM by Mr Pinbologist »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2012, 07:08:44 PM »

A very big thank you to Roundball for having me over today for a few games, a few beers and as always a very good catch up and great conversation that extends far far beyond pinball.
Dylan you are top shelf mate, I really appreciate it.....it's just what I needed....Thanks again!
Not only are there top quality machines to play( MM is so damn good...man I love that machine!!), the guy is just one of the best people I have ever met in my life.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"