Author Topic: Paypal SUCK  (Read 2281 times)

Offline solar value

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Paypal SUCK
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 07:04:25 PM »
Are there any alternatives to using paypal for sending money whch offer any kind of protection/insurance when you have bought a game which is not local? !@#

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 07:11:08 PM »
Are there any alternatives to using paypal for sending money whch offer any kind of protection/insurance when you have bought a game which is not local? !@#

Simple - don't buy it unless you or someone you can trust has looked at it. Unless it is a TOTAL bargain AND you are therefore prepared to take a punt, why bother???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2011, 01:42:51 PM »
I maybe the only person that likes PP-instant payment and very easy no money orders and all that crap, maybe its like anything until you have a bad transaction happen its great..

Peter <.>

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 08:44:39 AM »
I maybe the only person that likes PP-instant payment and very easy no money orders and all that crap, maybe its like anything until you have a bad transaction happen its great..

Peter <.>

I agree with you 100% Peter, PayPal 'can' be excellent and certainly convenient. I can also assure you that the day you have a transaction go wrong you will be SPEWING!!!

The problem is there are simply too many loopholes and idiotic rules that allow shonks to exploit PayPal and the simple fact that PayPal REFUSE to sign on as a signatory to the Australian electronic transactions agreement must surely ring some alarm bells??? Why the regulatory bodies in Australia allow this is beyond me?

Offline Homepin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 08:57:05 AM »
I should have mentioned that PayPal is GREAT for smaller transactions - possibly up to $20~25. The chances of a problem are remote.

PayPal is simply not a logical option for payments above that as you are leaving yourself WIDE OPEN to be ripped off - both as a seller and a buyer!

The best thing is that, at least here in Australia, we have the Banking Ombudsman and he saves the day when the PayPal system fails (note I said "WHEN" - not "IF").

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 10:33:26 AM »
I should have mentioned that PayPal is GREAT for smaller transactions - possibly up to $20~25. The chances of a problem are remote.

PayPal is simply not a logical option for payments above that as you are leaving yourself WIDE OPEN to be ripped off - both as a seller and a buyer!

The best thing is that, at least here in Australia, we have the Banking Ombudsman and he saves the day when the PayPal system fails (note I said "WHEN" - not "IF").

Thats maybe why I've been ok as most of my transactions are under $80 and I probally worry less, I just love the instant payment it speeds up transactions so much faster.

Peter