Author Topic: Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland by John Popadiuk  (Read 59136 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Getting back on track - Zombie Pinball.

I agree with OJ, this is a pinball with a difference and even though I initially wasn't into a zombie theme, I liked the innovation side of it but it sounds like fun and after seeing the BG graphics and the website I think this should look awesome.

I am now wondering if the monitor is in the very back of the cabinet and vertical - same pane as the BG but in the playfield area. This would be a very effective area as long as it is not cluttered with toys and ramps - for creatures to come at you etc, as well as see you score directly in front of you because with dmd style games you are looking at the playfield 95% of the time and miss so much of the dmd show / score.

As for the replacement of the screen, just like WOZ you would hope these guys have a lot of spares just in case. In addition if they are applying a patent to their monitor then it will be something unique to them so it may end up being a standard feature in their future machines which will warrant having a shed load of monitors sitting there to be used.

I think these guys were smart in doing a non licensed theme = freedom and innovation. I wish all the luck to them and hopefully will be able to play it one day somewhere or even better they decide to do a dedicated run for the Europeans and Aussies.  ^^^
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:08:39 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts