Author Topic: Retro Atomic Zombie Adventureland by John Popadiuk  (Read 58997 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Getting back on track - Zombie Pinball.

I agree with OJ, this is a pinball with a difference and even though I initially wasn't into a zombie theme, I liked the innovation side of it but it sounds like fun and after seeing the BG graphics and the website I think this should look awesome.

I am now wondering if the monitor is in the very back of the cabinet and vertical - same pane as the BG but in the playfield area. This would be a very effective area as long as it is not cluttered with toys and ramps - for creatures to come at you etc, as well as see you score directly in front of you because with dmd style games you are looking at the playfield 95% of the time and miss so much of the dmd show / score.

As for the replacement of the screen, just like WOZ you would hope these guys have a lot of spares just in case. In addition if they are applying a patent to their monitor then it will be something unique to them so it may end up being a standard feature in their future machines which will warrant having a shed load of monitors sitting there to be used.

I think these guys were smart in doing a non licensed theme = freedom and innovation. I wish all the luck to them and hopefully will be able to play it one day somewhere or even better they decide to do a dedicated run for the Europeans and Aussies.  ^^^

thats a very valid point, if they make some very innovated tech, and guys like stern like the idea, whats to say they wont be paying for rights from these guys to use it if its patented. and yer the dmd you cant see, its good for those who are watching you play but not that great for the player