Author Topic: First New Post  (Read 2555 times)

Offline felixthadog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: First New Post
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 03:15:40 PM »
I use the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link to read all of the new posts on the forum, but I can't find a 'Go to first new post' button or link for each thread. There is a Last Post button but that takes me to the last post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread. Is there a way of navigating to the first new unread post in a thread?  #$#

I'll look into this as soon as I get a chance.

Have you had a chance to look at this Creech? I haven't been on the forum for a few days and there are 2 pages of New Posts to go through, it would definitely be easier to just go straight to the first unread post in each thread rather than having to scroll through each thread to find the unread posts.

Matthew

There is an issue with updating to the latest version of the forum software, Matthew. We are hoping the problem will be fixed with that update.

Again - Sorry for the inconvenience..

Thanks for letting me know Nino, and no need to apologise, you are constrained by the forum software. I thought it might just have been a setting somewhere, I'll just make sure that I check the forum more regularly than I already am  %$%

Matthew

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 10:26:21 AM »
I use the 'Show unread posts since last visit' link to read all of the new posts on the forum, but I can't find a 'Go to first new post' button or link for each thread. There is a Last Post button but that takes me to the last post in the thread, not the first unread post in the thread. Is there a way of navigating to the first new unread post in a thread?  #$#

I'll look into this as soon as I get a chance.

Have you had a chance to look at this Creech? I haven't been on the forum for a few days and there are 2 pages of New Posts to go through, it would definitely be easier to just go straight to the first unread post in each thread rather than having to scroll through each thread to find the unread posts.

Matthew

There is an issue with updating to the latest version of the forum software, Matthew. We are hoping the problem will be fixed with that update.

Again - Sorry for the inconvenience..

Tony / Nino,

Did you manage to update the forum software to the latest version? If so, it does not appear to have resolved this issue. I still have to scroll through each thread to find the new posts, perhaps it is only a problem for me?  !@#

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 10:31:16 AM »

Tony did the update a while ago and most users with the problem reported that they now had PAGES of unread threads.

I can't find the thread - But Tony should chime in with the "tech" answer.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 10:34:59 AM »

Tony did the update a while ago and most users with the problem reported that they now had PAGES of unread threads.

Sorry Nino, that is a different issue to the one I am referring to. I was hoping there was a forum mod that would allow me to navigate to the first Unread post in a thread, currently I have to open the thread and scroll through all of the posts until I find the ones that I have not yet read. Being able to just click on a button and navigate directly to the first unread post in the thread would make life much easier.

Matthew
« Last Edit: February 13, 2009, 10:38:17 AM by felixthadog »

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 10:45:11 AM »

Sorry Nino, that is a different issue to the one I am referring to. I was hoping there was a forum mod that would allow me to navigate to the first Unread post in a thread, currently I have to open the thread and scroll through all of the posts until I find the ones that I have not yet read. Being able to just click on a button and navigate directly to the first unread post in the thread would make life much easier.

Matthew

Sorry Matt - I'm "easily" confused this morning  *!@

Hopefully Tony has some news or you.

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 11:01:34 AM »
I will look into this one.

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 11:13:46 AM »
I will look into this one.

Cool, thanks Tony  ^^^

Matthew

Offline arcadoz

• Forum Posts:
  • Country SA
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 11:33:26 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you click on the little blue "new" icon in the title of the thread it takes you to last unread post.
EM score motors wanted- nonworking, broken, burnt, etc..

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 11:41:09 AM »
I'm not sure exactly what you mean, but if you click on the little blue "new" icon in the title of the thread it takes you to last unread post.

Problem solved, that is exactly what I was looking for!  $#$ I didn't know you could click on the "New" icon  @.@

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 12:22:06 PM »

Problem solved, that is exactly what I was looking for!  $#$ I didn't know you could click on the "New" icon  @.@

Matthew

%.% %.%