Author Topic: One armed bandit restoration Inca Gold  (Read 1005 times)

Offline faza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
One armed bandit restoration Inca Gold
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:46:36 PM »
After being inspired by DDstoys one armed bandit i have decided its about time i had a go at tackling mine.
This machine is badged as Ainsworth and was made in Sydney (Roseberry) as the photos show its title is Inca gold.
I think that overseas it is badged as aristocrat i cannot find much information on this title.
I was offered this machine about three years ago for a carton of beer and couldnt get to the bottlo quick enough.
The machine didnt pay out any money when i recieved it but after a cleaning a few places that had grease gone hard away she went.
The Missus wont let it into the house looking like it does so it has spent three years in the garage awaiting restoration,
I have stripped it down and seperated the parts for either gritblasting or rechroming , i am not sure what the chroming will cost but i am guessing i will be looking for a fair bit of OT in the future.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
Re: One armed bandit restoration Inca Gold
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »
A few more of the teardown

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 04:52:11 PM »
A few more pics also showing the original schematic i would like to reproduce this if possible just need to learn how as it is pretty grubby and the grease / dirt wont clean off to scan. !@#

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 05:24:31 PM »
And lastly showing all the parts awaiting gritblasting and chroming.
If any one recognizes the white sealing trim in the photo and knows where to purchase this can they please let me know

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »
The aluminum cover plate that is attached to the coin draw is in pretty poor condition i will have to look into having another one bent up im not sure if the same material is still available or not.
Not sure what to do with the coin drop receptacle it i also made of aluminum i was thinking of polishing it and then putting a clear coat over the top Any other ideas ?????

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 05:47:01 PM »
Glad I inspired you with your machine these are the best machines to own as they are purely mechanical.  Once u have finished it will go forever.  Can't wait to see the results sadly mine has stalled but will get back into it one thing slow down.

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 07:18:59 PM »
Good luck with this project . Looks like fun . Keen to see how it turns out
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
Cool,best of luck of luck!
I know these things are illegal to own but I would sure love to have a pokie in the room.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline bsa

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 07:42:59 PM »
I think that ba***rd owes me some money!

Offline Tensikka

• Forum Posts:
  • Finland, Europe
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2012, 08:40:18 PM »
I know these things are illegal to own but I would sure love to have a pokie in the room.
You mean that it's illegal for private person to own gambling equipments in Aussie? Odd.. And back to topic, I have Aristocrat at my office's table and it's definitely same family game. I do have some issues with this machine, biggest problem is  score reels images, those don't match. Actually in center wheel, there isn't whole TAC-image at all, little hard to get jackpot :) Also as you can see, there isn't that carousel-wheel what should be visible in that round window. Also lack of any kind of manual is annoying. So if anybody here has something to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Offline pokermachine

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2012, 08:57:37 PM »
not sure if this is the info you need but here is a post i wrote a while back if the wheels don't line up with the payouts.

http://aussiepinball.com/index.php?topic=6580.msg90567#msg90567

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 09:22:56 PM »
You mean that it's illegal for private person to own gambling equipments in Aussie? Odd.. And back to topic, I have Aristocrat at my office's table and it's definitely same family game. I do have some issues with this machine, biggest problem is  score reels images, those don't match. Actually in center wheel, there isn't whole TAC-image at all, little hard to get jackpot :) Also as you can see, there isn't that carousel-wheel what should be visible in that round window. Also lack of any kind of manual is annoying. So if anybody here has something to help, it would be greatly appreciated!

Your machine looks to be made in England where mine is made in Sydney there are a lot of similiarities between the two but yours has a few distinct differences , Do you believe that your machine is missing the carousel looks like a different interior to me maybe its not missing ?
I did manage to find a manual on the net somewhere and i had it on my tablet unfortunately my tablet has failed and is being sent back for warranty i expect it to be returned with the hard drive wiped if i manage to find where i downloaded from i will let you know .
Cheers

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 06:46:33 PM »
Just a quick update all the chrome parts are out being stripped and rechromed in the mean time i have gritblasted all the paint from the cabinet and applied an undercoat ready for the finish coat .
Pictures below

Offline arcadoz

• Forum Posts:
  • Country SA
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 12:40:36 AM »
I have a pdf for an Aristocrat manual but can't attach it. !@#
I fell into a trap once where one wheel didn't line up properly and spent hours trying to adjust it.
Everything was adjusted perfectly and it was still out- the cardboard ring insert was loose and had moved. @.@
EM score motors wanted- nonworking, broken, burnt, etc..

Offline Gordo

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »
Hi,

I had the same machine. Mine was a 5 cent machine on the original stand. The stand even had it's own wheels and handles that made a trolley to move it.

I had it for years but decided to move on.

I put it on e-bay and got heaps of contacts straight away by mail (no bids).

I returned the contacts asking them for an offer. I removed it after about 4 hours and took $1000 (I think I could have got more). I was told E-Bay would remove it once they found out it was a poker machine.

So you have yourself a really good deal for a carton of beer (as long as you get it working well).

Good luck

Gordo.....