Author Topic: NEW CONTAINER ORDER  (Read 2267 times)

Offline snapperjoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth W.A
    • Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire
Re: NEW CONTAINER ORDER
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:18:54 AM »
Hi Guys,

In answer to your question, I dont believe this has ever happened to a new in box Stern title, definately not in the last four years that I have been selling them. And I also believe this is the first time that all Stern agents in Australia have each ordered a 40ft  container of the same title. Its pretty amazing and definately great for pinball.

I dont know whether Australia is the sole reason why Ac/dc was produced but it certainly played some part in influencing Sterns decision. About 4 years ago, I put a proposal with Bruce on the idea of a Ac/dc pinball machine and we asked Stern if it could become a reality. I believe it was considered at the time, and due to costs of licensing and the state of pinball market at the time, that after some consideration and evaluations, it was decided not to proceed any further at that stage. The idea was not canned but rather left in the pending basket. Since then, other influences such as the huge successful Black Ice Tour, people like Steve Ritchie and the pinball community have been the driving force behind Sterns decision to proceed with this title. Ac/Dc's management would have also played a role along with the band members in this decision making. I think Stern had an idea it was going to be big in Australia but on a worldwide scale they weren't so sure on how it would go.

Its great to finally see the dream become a reality and cant wait for them to get here. I am expecting more information from Bruce and Stern anyday now and will keep you guys informed on any new developments as they come.

Regards,

Joe          
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 04:20:47 AM by snapperjoe »
Joe Tripoli
Kids Just Wanna Have Fun Amusement Hire Perth
www.amusements4kids.com.au
0408 855722
Stern Pinball Agent For Perth and WA